General Wrestling Discussion -

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Off to AEW, see you next time Kurt!

Shit, more matches? God damn this is a long ass night.

Fucking shit, hurry up with the long ass entrances.

UnKillFill

I'm sorry you had to go through this son...
kiwifarms.net
Dumbass heel rapper Cena should have come back to end Angle's career, not randomly interrupt Elias (when we were told there would be no interruptions).

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
Well, how did you guys like WrestleMania this year. Sounds okay... I guess. Tried watching a live stream but it lagged like a slug. Sounds like WWE was selling a new era in wrestling before AEW debuts soon.

Belligerent Monk

Lives for Macabre Humor
kiwifarms.net
Besides Angles last match, this was a really good Mania. Vince basically threw the fans a bone
It wasn't terrible at all. If anything I'd say the women's tag match was the yawner for me but every 5 and a half hour show needs a good restroom break, no? But alas only to come out and find the hottest girls in that match, Phoenix and Natalya naturally, were kinda jewed out of the finish.
Not at all mad about the Angle/Corbin finish either. In the old days it was considered doing good business to put younger talent over on the way out. I just wish the match had better build up and lasted a few minutes longer.

Time to call up Velveteen Dream and speed up Lars Sullivan's transfer to the main roster.

Truthspeaker

Walking that line between victim and ex-lover
kiwifarms.net
It'd be so much better if Wrestlemania was a Saturday/Sunday show.

It would also be better if Raw was two hours, but at least that terrible inflictment on the fans happens because it guarantees rights fees.

Is there anything comparable WWE loses because they insist on this crushing length?

Andrei Tarkovsky

Watching the collapse
kiwifarms.net

It would also be better if Raw was two hours, but at least that terrible inflictment on the fans happens because it guarantees rights fees.

Is there anything comparable WWE loses because they insist on this crushing length?
"Nope! And next year, we'll have it be 8 HOURS! A big show like WRESTLEMANNNNNNIAAA deserves A BIG RUN TIME! YOU'LL EAT THE SHIT AND YOU'LL LIKE IT, GODDAMMIT! Also, let's get rid of the number on the logo while we're at it. I don't want to make myself feel old GODDAMMIT!"

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net

For what it's worth, WWE took in close to $17m from gate alone last night. Splitting WM into two nights seems good on paper, but you have to realize that some people don't want to go to both nights, or one night us sold out, forcing fans to go to a poorly booked other night. If that were the case, I'd just stay home and watch on the network.

In other news: Eli Drake got released because he didn't want to wrestle Tessa Blanchard. Now Impact is literally RVD and a bunch of people wrestling for AEW.

Andrei Tarkovsky

Watching the collapse
kiwifarms.net
Some thoughts:
  • Rollins winning right out of the gate was a very exciting and unconventional way to open the show. Pleased to know the fans now have a full-time champion. Bye, Bork!
  • Aside from the few wild spots in the Smackdown bout, I could take or leave those tag title matches, honestly. Pretty forgettable and didn't really need to be on the show.
  • AJ vs. Orton had no right to be as disappointing as it was.
  • The Miz (who's actually pretty good at playing a babyface) vs. Shane was entertaining, although rather slow and very anti-climatic. I guess they're stretching this one out for the next few PPVs. Still, pretty fun to see Miz's boomer wojak dad get into the ring.
  • Kofi vs. Bryan hit all the notes it should have; best match of the night, wrestling-wise. Was very happy to see Kofi win as the crowd went absolutely nuts for him.
  • Was amused (at first) with the Cena-Elias segment. Now, I wish it never happened. Waste of time.
  • Balor vs. Lashley and Joe vs. Rey were both the epitome of pointless
  • Becky, Bayley, Asuka: they all deserved better than this
And aside from the 4-week build itself not living up to it's full potential: Triple H vs. Batista was honestly the best and most engaging match of the night for me.

Everything from the entrances (mainly Paul's crazy Mad Max-tier shtick - the absolute MAD LAD), to the storytelling, to the reaction shots from both men, to the weapon usage, that last sledgehammer spot - it was all so fucking awesome. Even if the match itself, in terms of pacing and technical prowess, was pretty lackluster (then again, there's some major slack to be given because these guys are in their 50's, and were never really considered workhorses or anything like that). This was what it needed to be: a good ole' fashion slobberknocker where 2 best former friends beat the absolute shit out of each-other. This was the monumental return Big Dave honestly deserved after that 2014 screw-up, even if it's just for one mania match. Trips and Ric holding each-other arm and arm, with "Wrestlemania" behind them really hammered (pun intended) the fact that this brought everything full-circle after more than 14 years, and in such an epic and satisfying way too. Was totally the highlight of the night for me.

The fact the WWE actually managed to make Kurt's retirement match happen with a completely dead crowd… it's almost impressive. But why? Corbin has no future in the company. Why make him win? Fucking WHY? My mind melted during this. Corbin could have a future, if WWE would stop burying him, but we all know they won't; U.S Title Run cut short, wins MITB and then loses it, gets buried by Cena, becomes RAW GM in a role that everyone finds him absolutely terrible in, jobs to everyone there after. He's DONE. Buried. He's tainted goods. This was pointless and did nothing for nobody. And I can assure you this was all probably Vince's idea because he's still incredibly salty that Kurt left in 2006. Seriously, that elderly nut holds some serious grudges. I seriously can't for the day his heart finally gives out due to all the artificial testosterone and steroids he still takes, just so the company can be left to Paul to takeover.

Oh yeah, and that main event.

It was kinda disappointing, to be honest. Kudos to all 3 women for taking some serious bumps during the match (especially Ronda). They were definitely aware that since they're in the Main Event of Wrestlemania (an honor that the majority of male workers don't even get to have), they had to put on one hell of a performance. And taking bumps like that just comes with the territory when you're in a Mania Headliner. I'm glad they knew that. Still, I think that, coupled with the hastily and rather rushed execution of the majority of the spots, were probable signs that there was far too much pressure on these 3 to live up to the hype of a Wrestlemania main event, one that was going to go in the history books as the first of their own sex. The only one that really needed to be there was Becky, and here she is being hindered by Ric Flair's daughter (who is still a good worker, don't get me wrong) and a-green-as-shit former MMA fighter in a series of botched spots (one being intentional). Speaking of which, that ending is the absolute best way to take the air out of the crowd after so much time and fan investment is put into a single bout (not to mention that it CLOSED Wrestlemania). So, good job screwing up what should've been the easiest thing to book, Vince and co.

At least they tried for the first time in god-know's-how-long to give the fans almost everything they wanted (to a degree). I guess you could say it's the best Mania they've had in years, only due to the fact that the last few Wrestlemanias have been complete duds.

I'm gonna try to be generous with this show, and give it a 5/10.

Last edited:

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
The thing that pissed me off so much about the weekend involved the rumbles. In both the mens and women's rumble as well as the honor rumble, you saw someone be cheeky and slide in once everyone was eliminated. Kenny King slides in and eliminates Jushin and Muta (which is a match I would pay good money to see tbh). Womens battle royale had Carmella, and the mens had the SNL guys.

STOP DOING THIS.

IslamicContentental Belt

Rowdy Jihadi Piper
kiwifarms.net
I absolutely hated that Triple H vs Batista match. It had every cliche spot from the shitty Ruthless Aggression era from their heyday. Laying around, breaking announce tables, spot with the ring stairs. Dave couldn’t take a pedigree anymore and embarrassed himself. 70 year old Flair got to the ring faster than those guys moved. Felt like 100 hrs long. You completely remove all the straight garbage between Kofi’s win and go straight to the women’s title match it’s probably a show I would have liked better but there was so much filler. Go away Shane and Triple H, seriously just pay yourselves a bonus if it’s about the Mania payday.

The Women’s Main Event would have been like a ****+ with a crowd that wasn’t dead tired and ready to go back to their hotel already. I feel bad for the spot they’re in. It’s a weird time when the main event of Wrestlemania is kind of a death spot.

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
NYTimes.com is reporting that Zachary Madsen, the man identified as Bret Hart's attacker at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony, gave the following statement to police:

"I just felt like it was the right moment."

Madsen, who faces assault and criminal trespass charges, was held on $1,500 bail. Two protective orders were also granted which prohibit Madsen from having contact with Hart and a security guard that helped separate them.

Hart was said to have felt discomfort in his hip and was treated at the scene. Both Hart and the security officer were taken to the hospital after the incident as a precautionary measure and then released.
Here is a photo of Madsen in court courtesy of POOL/Gardiner Anderson:

• Informative
Reactions: Tootsie Bear
I absolutely hated that Triple H vs Batista match. It had every cliche spot from the shitty Ruthless Aggression era from their heyday. Laying around, breaking announce tables, spot with the ring stairs. Dave couldn’t take a pedigree anymore and embarrassed himself. 70 year old Flair got to the ring faster than those guys moved. Felt like 100 hrs long. You completely remove all the straight garbage between Kofi’s win and go straight to the women’s title match it’s probably a show I would have liked better but there was so much filler. Go away Shane and Triple H, seriously just pay yourselves a bonus if it’s about the Mania payday.

The Women’s Main Event would have been like a ****+ with a crowd that wasn’t dead tired and ready to go back to their hotel already. I feel bad for the spot they’re in. It’s a weird time when the main event of Wrestlemania is kind of a death spot.

Wasn't HHH supposed to be the face as well? He went from quoting the Spice Girls to trying to break someone's fingers with a pipe wrench.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino