General Wrestling Discussion -

IslamicContentental Belt

Roman “Ramadan” Reigns
kiwifarms.net
I missed the Seth and New Day segment trying to find a stream but this has felt like a pretty tepid Raw for the day after WrestleMania in New York of all places.

Also not a fan of the trend of everyone having the same printed off 8 1/2 x 11 signs. I like my wrestling signs homemade, misspelled, and with just the right splash of casual racism, homophobia, or sexism.

Reactions: BlueArmedDevil

BlueArmedDevil

They said this bomb was clean
kiwifarms.net
Also not a fan of the trend of everyone having the same printed off 8 1/2 x 11 signs. I like my wrestling signs homemade, misspelled, and with just the right splash of casual racism, homophobia, or sexism.
I went to a house show back in high school and was so happy when my "Billy & Chuck Rainbow Warriors" sign got shown on the Titian-tron.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
For what it's worth, WWE took in close to $17m from gate alone last night. Splitting WM into two nights seems good on paper, but you have to realize that some people don't want to go to both nights, or one night us sold out, forcing fans to go to a poorly booked other night. If that were the case, I'd just stay home and watch on the network.

In other news: Eli Drake got released because he didn't want to wrestle Tessa Blanchard. Now Impact is literally RVD and a bunch of people wrestling for AEW.
People would rather go for two days than sit around for an 8 plus hour show. If they refuse to make the show no more than a five hour show they'll continue to have people leave by hour seven like last night when people just gave up by the HHH vs. Batista match.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Reports are coming in that people who stuck around for the Ronda/ Becky match didn't get home until 4 am since the train was closed by the time the event ended and there just wasn't enough Uber's for everyone. No word on how taxis were yet.
If that picks up more expect less people to trust going to a Wrestlemania.

Many wrestlers have various injuries. Becky getting blamed for Ronda's botch in other news.

IslamicContentental Belt

Roman “Ramadan” Reigns
kiwifarms.net
Taker looked so old on RAW last night. I mean, just....retire. And stay retired man.
I just....don't understand the appeal of him. I never really liked The Undertaker all that much but I get how his WrestleMania streak was a popular thing when there's 70 belts and the champions lose every week in non title matches; but the WWE's assertion he was ever a star on nearly the level of Rock, Hogan, Austin, or Cena is laughable. The streak has been over for 5 years, and it's long past time to be done.

I don't need to see a 55 year old broken down guy spend 20 minutes doing the same entrance I've seen ten thousand times on shows that are forever long as it is, and then come out and squash an actually relevant talent or take a main event spot from them. I was thrilled to get a break from his routine at Mania this year. Undertaker the real guy seems like a piece of work too driving around with a "Deadman" vanity plate thinking his wrestling character is real. Seriously, fuck off and play golf or whatever boomer shit it is you do. Yes, Undertaker and HHH get me Mad On The Internet.

AnAspieWithAVengeance

kiwifarms.net
It was really his gimmick that got him over. And the fact that he's been around for such a long time and committed to WWE while others dropped off or moved on. He may not be as bankable as the names you mentioned, but with wrestling fans, he's extremely popular.

I agree with you that he should retire. I feel that he hasn't really got anything to do now that his wrestling career is done, and is trying to squeeze those last little drops out before his body really falls apart.

It's refreshing also to find someone who thinks he's overrated. Do tell me more.

IslamicContentental Belt

Roman “Ramadan” Reigns
kiwifarms.net
It was really his gimmick that got him over. And the fact that he's been around for such a long time and committed to WWE while others dropped off or moved on. He may not be as bankable as the names you mentioned, but with wrestling fans, he's extremely popular.
Well for one thing he's pretty much absolutely worthless outside of the WWE because they own all the name and all the trademarks to his character and he'd have to do some half ass version of the American Badass gimmick with his real name. Most top talent don't have a character so specific to trademarks and concepts wholly owned by the WWE that they can't keep their value in another organization.

I think it's pretty obvious he's overrated. Until 97 his career was just him wrestling a long series of fat guys in bad matches. He undeniably had an uncharacteristically good year in 97 in ring and storyline wise but he was a total flop as champion and business tanked and they got the belt back on Bret Hart to get things moving again. His post Kane feud stuff in the Attitude era was just the worst - he didn't have any chemistry with Rock or Austin as opponents and it led to some really terrible stuff like the idiotic Ministry of Darkness. In the early RA you got to see him wrestle guys like A-Train, Test, Big Show, and Ken Kennedy and it was just god awful.

His record as a house show and pay-per-view draw is absolutely abysmal and I think speaks for itself.

I think the only years of his career that I genuinely did consistently enjoy him were about 2005 to 2010 or so. He got to work with Angle, Cena, Orton, Batista, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels all of which were in their prime or highly motivated to have some kind of big legacy defining match with him because of his spot on the Mania cards. He's the odd guy who had his prime as a wrestler in his early 40s. I'd actually say the same for Michaels who I liked better in his second run for my own tastes.

IslamicContentental Belt

Roman “Ramadan” Reigns
kiwifarms.net
Billy Graham suggesting Vince would want Kofi to take steroids.
http://archive.li/lAkMa
I was defending Superstar's boomer post from before because there's nothing wrong with having your own taste in wrestling but now he's getting back to early 90s talk show circuit Superstar levels of horrible. You destroyed your vital organs and quality of life with the juice, Superstar. Maybe you shouldn't tell other people to get on it?

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino