General Wrestling Discussion -

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
Taker looked so old on RAW last night. I mean, just....retire. And stay retired man.
It's funny you say that. A month ago, someone on /wooo/ posted an old clip of 'taker saying that he didn't want to be past his prime. He didn't want people to feel sorry for him...pretty amusing in hindsight

Reactions: Andrei Tarkovsky

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
So right now about AEW:

http://www.pwmania.com/update-on-all-elite-wrestlings-possible-tv-deal-with-turner-networks

According to an insider with TheWrap.com, an All Elite Wrestling deal with Turner Networks is “definitely not signed.” Negotiations are reportedly ongoing but they are “pretty complex” and the deal is “not imminent.” The site noted that AEW might be available on streaming services and added the following:
“It is possible that the AEW series would not be year-round. That would likely be a combination of the newness of the league and its desire to be more wrestler-friendly than rival WWE, which has a punishing schedule for talent.”
Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com addressed the situation:
“As of Sunday, there was no deal. Nobody has gotten back to me if that has changed.
What FRB reported was a likely scenario, but it’s not confirmed at all. Hopefully I’ll hear something tomorrow. If I hear nothing, it probably means the deal is done, but the last I heard from those who would be involved with those deals was yesterday and the subject never came up and it was about Daytona Beach, so it’s not like I’m out of contact. But the hope was to complete the deal by May for all the obvious reasons. But people have talked about the deal like it’s done at times since December, and I know of negotiations with other parties that were still going on and knew enough other stuff to know the deal wasn’t done, and don’t know this isn’t just another person who heard about the talks, the presumption of where it was going and when, but it’s no more done then it’s been all along.”

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
Will he blame the WWE for this? People usually do
There was a time where Vampiro would blame Dave Meltzer, even though he hardly reported on AAA compared to Luchablog.

Also, there is some noteworthy salt over the rumors of Sasha Banks wanting to leave WWE.

Screencap from Wrestling Observer attached for context

Fightful article about the rumor
and here's Ryan Satin adding more spice to the story

Last edited:

Truthspeaker

Walking that line between victim and ex-lover
kiwifarms.net
I just sure hope they don't go in the direction TNA did in 2010. Vince really needs some new competition right now and now is the right time to do it.
Their problems were endemic and intractible long before 2010.

TNA never had a single show do as well as Double or Nothing's already set to do, or All In's already done. Nor did they ever have comparable financial resources, or a captain at the helm with any kind of intelligence whatsoever.

The only reason the promotion even existed was so Vince Russo could masturbate his ego, Jeff Jarrett could prove his complete lack of taste, and Dixie Carter could cuck her husband.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
There was a time where Vampiro would blame Dave Meltzer, even though he hardly reported on AAA compared to Luchablog.

Also, there is some noteworthy salt over the rumors of Sasha Banks wanting to leave WWE.

Screencap from Wrestling Observer attached for context
View attachment 723730

Fightful article about the rumor
and here's Ryan Satin adding more spice to the story
View attachment 723742
Bailey's upset too about the PVP lose, they thought they would have the belts longer and actually defend it on all three brands. Bank's is starting to get sick of the WWE's shit, as are most wrestlers. BG James will be leaving too because he's tired of Vince's shit and getting blamed for it. He said he puts far too many hours into creative only for Vince to ruin things last second than being bitched to that there's no continuity. Like no shit Vince.

Reactions: beautiful person

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
I don't think he's ever been in WWE/F, has he?

But yeah I'm not shocked about the diagnosis, Vamprio's been a mess for a long time beyond normal "old wrestler" levels.
He was with WCW which is now owned by the WWE, pretty sure you can sue the WWE now for anything the WCW did. Some of the wrestlers on the lawsuit lists I'm pretty sure only worked for WCW

Reactions: XYZpdq

IslamicContentental Belt

Roman “Ramadan” Reigns
kiwifarms.net
He was with WCW which is now owned by the WWE, pretty sure you can sue the WWE now for anything the WCW did. Some of the wrestlers on the lawsuit lists I'm pretty sure only worked for WCW
The WWE purchase of WCW was assets only. They received trademarks, rings, and the tape library. They did not receive any contracts, debt, or liability which remained under a company called Universal Wrestling Corporation. They also had to make a certain amount of ad buys on Time Warner owned channels over the next five years per Bruce Prichard.

Vampiro could sue Universal Wrestling Corporation but I imagine it's probably fairly hard to get money out of it at this time, of course, Turner were exceptional when it came to handling legal threats and paid out tons of settlements for frivolous bullshit so chances are they still are very vulnerable to lawsuits.

This is all off the top of my head so feel free to correct any details. I do know for certain Vampiro has never taken a bump in a WWE ring and even Konstantine Kyros wouldn't take his case.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
The WWE purchase of WCW was assets only. They received trademarks, rings, and the tape library. They did not receive any contracts, debt, or liability which remained under a company called Universal Wrestling Corporation. They also had to make a certain amount of ad buys on Time Warner owned channels over the next five years per Bruce Prichard.

Vampiro could sue Universal Wrestling Corporation but I imagine it's probably fairly hard to get money out of it at this time, of course, Turner were exceptional when it came to handling legal threats and paid out tons of settlements for frivolous bullshit so chances are they still are very vulnerable to lawsuits.

This is all off the top of my head so feel free to correct any details. I do know for certain Vampiro has never taken a bump in a WWE ring and even Konstantine Kyros wouldn't take his case.
Probably not with Time Warner after the whole AT&T thing. Unless they're keeping the IP but dissolving everything else for it so they can keep the name for later use. From what I understand they want to get rid of all of taint from Warner.

Seems the reason why I thought some of the wrestlers who are suing the WWE/ Vince is because many had a cup of coffee there and left in the 70's and 80's which was common back in the day because many wrestlers didn't want to put over someone else so they took their ball and left. Many of them had longer runs in companies WWE bought for their tapes.

IslamicContentental Belt

Roman “Ramadan” Reigns
kiwifarms.net
Probably not with Time Warner after the whole AT&T thing. Unless they're keeping the IP but dissolving everything else for it so they can keep the name for later use. From what I understand they want to get rid of all of taint from Warner.

Seems the reason why I thought some of the wrestlers who are suing the WWE/ Vince is because many had a cup of coffee there and left in the 70's and 80's which was common back in the day because many wrestlers didn't want to put over someone else so they took their ball and left. Many of them had longer runs in companies WWE bought for their tapes.
I'm not sure what the outstanding liability of AT&T is for Warner properties in that purchase. I know what happened on the wrestling side of things 18 years ago, or at least the broad strokes. Warner masterminded things like the AOL merger and a cable provider somehow more hated than Comcast so there is unquestionably a lot of exceptionalism AT&T would like to wash away.

That much said the WWE is getting sued by wrestlers who worked very short stints over 30 years ago in the concussion suit (Some of them, for example King Kong Mosca I had to google to see if they ever worked in the WWF/WWE but I confirmed they did).

I could see whatever company owns WCW's liability - possibly now AT&T getting sued if they indeed are responsible for the Universal Wrestling Corporation as part of the merger. I know a lot of the talent on the list did a lot more in other promotions but they all worked at least short term in WWE. Vampiro has never once been in a WWE ring.

Edit: Also the Class Action lawsuit was dismissed by a judge in October 2018. I would assume Kyros keeps appealing it but he honestly has a very poor case and I think is just trying to make a name for himself on the back of desperate plaintiffs. I don't really agree with the core notion of the lawsuit, the wrestlers entered into the contracts knowing full well they had a strong risk of head injury and WWE has implemented concussion protocols and banned things like chairshots to the head since CTE actually became a widely known thing. He put dollar signs in a lot of broke and broken down peoples' eyes when in reality they'd be better off maintaining a bridge with WWE so they can at least get a nostalgia payday out of action figures or a one off appearance here and there.

The Judge saw right through Kyros's shit. Any lawyer who calls Balls Mahoney one of the most famous wrestlers to ever perform for WWE just might not know what he's talking about. I would love to see Jerry McDevitt on a Nick Rekieta stream, the man is an absolute savage.

Last edited:

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
There's not doubt Kyros is trying to make a name of himself. He's the one who takes all of those cases isn't he?

At least this should prevent him from doing anymore lawsuits like this and hopefully have someone more competent.
And in a highly unusual move, she ordered him to send Monday’s ruling to all of his present, past and future wrestling clients, “to protect the public.”

IslamicContentental Belt

Roman “Ramadan” Reigns
kiwifarms.net
There's not doubt Kyros is trying to make a name of himself. He's the one who takes all of those cases isn't he?

At least this should prevent him from doing anymore lawsuits like this and hopefully have someone more competent.
It's really darkly funny that 60 guys who made their living like old fashioned carnies bought into this obvious con artist hook, line, and sinker.

He literally hangs out at wrestling cons to pass his business card off to the guys doing autographs and photos.

My favorite part of the articles about the dismissal were some of the juicy tidbits about his malfeasance - the best being that he plagiarized large swaths of the NFL Concussion Lawsuit for his complaint. This guy is a small time Avenatti and thought he was going to tangle with a shark like McDevitt. Embarrassing.

Last edited:

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
or you know, you could watch other companies instead
CMLL is live every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday night, free on youtube for Monday and Tuesday, free on Marca / Facebook on Fridays, often with a youtube refeed courtesy of cubsfan
I have to say I prefer CMLL and AAA smaller shows than their major ones., opposite for NJPW shows. At least the Japanese aren't as quiet as they used to be. OEW shows are fun to watch too after catching to them. I can only understand like two or three words of their commentary which sucks. I want to know more about the characters they have. Such as the monk.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have to say I prefer CMLL and AAA smaller shows than their major ones
Lucha has an uncanny knack for dropping the ball when it comes to the big shows. Whether technical issues, planned matches that don't pan out, or whatever. I've been busy a lot in the evenings lately so I usually just catch random individual matches from Estrellas Del Ring and the other randos on youtube.
I still try to make sure I catch AAA live though, that new English commentary guy they have is great, he actually works well with Vampiro even.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino