General Wrestling Discussion -

IslamicContentental Belt

Rowdy Jihadi Piper
kiwifarms.net
REALLY WWE? The Viking Experience? Guess I'm watching Smackdown from here on...
I'm probably biased because I think the War Raiders suck and I hate Triple H's hard on for big guys with unkempt beards in NXT (Lars Sullivan and Killain Dain for example) but I think they probably weren't allowed to use the word "War" on USA. Remember Raw is War and War Zone got banned after 9/11. It's probably still verboten.

Man, the Child's Play remake is horrible!

Truthspeaker

Walking that line between victim and ex-lover
kiwifarms.net
I'm probably biased because I think the War Raiders suck and I hate Triple H's hard on for big guys with unkempt beards in NXT (Lars Sullivan and Killain Dain for example) but I think they probably weren't allowed to use the word "War" on USA. Remember Raw is War and War Zone got banned after 9/11. It's probably still verboten.

View attachment 727804
That had nothing to do with USA. That retitling was one of Vince's calls.

Not entirely unreasonable, given that he did that after 9/11; but he's certainly crazy enough to remain hung-up on words for years, and even decades, after the cause of the hangup was relevant. He still doesn't allow anyone to use the word "Junior" in any capacity on his shows because he was embarassed at being nicknamed "Junior" back when he broke into the business.

Daniel Bryan has done the flying headbutt constantly even after having neck issues and concussions. It's such a cool move but I wish nobody would do it.

I see you also know the real story, #BenoitTruth.
Daniel Bryan is insane.

I do love the guy. He's one of the best ever. But he's one of the rare breed of men who knows how to make even a low-impact battle of holds compelling, and yet he still risks his brain to horrific degrees.

IslamicContentental Belt

Rowdy Jihadi Piper
kiwifarms.net
So Roman Reigns was the biggest acquisition in the history of Smackdown. I mean....by any objective measure, no. The Rock and Hulk Hogan have been drafted to Smackdown before. This was a really weak Superstar Shakeup. Best moves were Andrade to Raw, for some reason he seemed to bomb on Smackdown which is crazy since he has some of the most graceful ring work in the entire business, a great look, and seems to have natural charisma. I think he should incorporate the La Sombra mask in his entrance like he did at his last Takeover.

Also AJ to Raw, Balor to SD, Usos to Raw, and Liv Morgan to SD to separate her from the useless Riott Squad were pretty good. Other than that, meh. It just kind of feels like they flipped the shows. I'm also totally baffled at leaving Braun on Raw.

That had nothing to do with USA. That retitling was one of Vince's calls.

Not entirely unreasonable, given that he did that after 9/11; but he's certainly crazy enough to remain hung-up on words for years, and even decades, after the cause of the hangup was relevant. He still doesn't allow anyone to use the word "Junior" in any capacity on his shows because he was embarassed at being nicknamed "Junior" back when he broke into the business.

Although it is rather odd that they want the crowd to chant "burn it down" and have Finn's finisher named after a military execution. It does prove that Vince doesn't watch a moment of NXT, he takes one look at the callups and gives them a gimmick baed on that. Although god knows what EC3 did to piss him off. I am a bit worried for Kairi on the main roster even with Paige as a mouthpiece - she is great in the ring, but has the kind of gimmick that will need work to get over with a more casual crowd.

IslamicContentental Belt

Rowdy Jihadi Piper
kiwifarms.net
Although it is rather odd that they want the crowd to chant "burn it down" and have Finn's finisher named after a military execution.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks that calling a move 1916 is in poor taste even for wrestling. In fairness I doubt the writers or Vince have any idea what it refers to and haven’t had time to Wikipedia it but Finn should know better.

So another week of AAA pulling in the highest TV ratings in North America, blowing lolwwe out of the water as usual.
This happened in the 90s too. They were drawing 20k sellouts when WWF and WCW were papering high school gyms. It didn’t translate to PPV though and When Worlds Collide was a bomb. Then the peso crisis and backstabbing between promotions killed the territory for a while.

The problem for AAA is despite Mexican wrestling being cheap to run (the promotions own the arena) and almost always profitable, the stars make very low payout and people who get major over will run to the big orgs to be curtain jerkers for a payday when they get some buzz. I know this was CMLL but that’s how Mistico went from beating Cena as biggest draw of the year to whatever the fuck his Sin Cara run was.

IslamicContentental Belt

Rowdy Jihadi Piper
kiwifarms.net
Presumably because they've put Lars on Smackdown. But the problem with face Braun destroying smaller guys is that he just comes across as a bit of a bully (remember kids, Be A Star)
It seems like it'd make more sense to put Lars on Raw since Braun has done everything he can do on Raw and there's nothing left for him there, and switching brands would remove the desperate stink of Lugerization that he has.

I'm not sure they have any idea how to book him as a babyface, remember they tried that heel turn with him last fall and everybody rejected it and it totally died. I think the writers felt the same way we do but crowds are almost always going to cheer someone getting destroyed. His character does tend to pick a lot of unfair fights like Lio Rush and the two SNL idiots.

If they ever want him to be anything they need to get him as far away from Brock Lesnar as possible. I don't know if it was Brock playing politics, idiot booking, or both but every time Braun gets anywhere near Brock you can hear their investment in him flushing down the toilet. They should have done something long term with him and Alexa, there was serious chemistry there.

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net

This guy's videos pop up on /wooo/tube every now and then when there's nothing to play in between timeslots for shows. Looks like a grown man playing wrestling with a teddy bear. Weird stuff, and for someone with thousands of subscribers, he doesn't get much viewership.

It seems like it'd make more sense to put Lars on Raw since Braun has done everything he can do on Raw and there's nothing left for him there, and switching brands would remove the desperate stink of Lugerization that he has.

I'm not sure they have any idea how to book him as a babyface, remember they tried that heel turn with him last fall and everybody rejected it and it totally died. I think the writers felt the same way we do but crowds are almost always going to cheer someone getting destroyed. His character does tend to pick a lot of unfair fights like Lio Rush and the two SNL idiots.

If they ever want him to be anything they need to get him as far away from Brock Lesnar as possible. I don't know if it was Brock playing politics, idiot booking, or both but every time Braun gets anywhere near Brock you can hear their investment in him flushing down the toilet. They should have done something long term with him and Alexa, there was serious chemistry there.
Give him a title. Let him wreck shit for a while. Then if you want to protect him, have him lose the title in a multi-man match. Or make some underdog into a big star by having him go over Braun for the title. It should be right up Vince McMahon's alley, really, but who knows what they'll do with him at this point. I just feel like he'll be stuck in aimless title chases, cooling him off further.

IslamicContentental Belt

Rowdy Jihadi Piper
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone enjoy watching some of the 30+ year old oddities they put up on the Network? The (still incomplete) Coliseum Video section is a treasure trove. I’m watching The Ken Patera Story. If you’re familiar with the basics he was a top heel in the AWA and later the pre Hogan WWF. Legitimate athlete with Olympic credentials. He and Masa Saito threw a rock through a McDonalds window when they wouldn’t serve them and Ken fought a bunch of cops. He did two years in prison in his prime.

When he returned to the WWF as a babyface they apparently tried to turn his roid rage chimpout into a kayfabe story where he only did it because of Bobby Heenan’s bad influence. The whole thing had me like :stress:

Definitely recommnded. The pre 96 stuff is truly what makes the Network worth having.

Also shocked Patera is not in the HoF.

Reactions: Hatoful Dandy

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
on the subject of old oddities
Alias The Champ (1949)
Gorgeous George stars in a movie about the TRUE and HONEST world of pro wrasslin. Also features some footage of Tor Johnson doing his thing as a wrassler.
Nice little movie, gives a decent idea about how little things change, down to wrestlers really not being too great at acting.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gold dust got his release from wwe today.
I figured something was up with the Cody vs Dustin hype starting for Double or Nothing.

Could be interesting. Neither guy is super amazing ringwise but they can both go decently enough to carry a story.

not bad

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Karl_der_Grosse

IslamicContentental Belt

Rowdy Jihadi Piper
kiwifarms.net
I figured something was up with the Cody vs Dustin hype starting for Double or Nothing.

Could be interesting. Neither guy is super amazing ringwise but they can both go decently enough to carry a story.

not bad
Dustin is the vastly superior worker and might actually be able to lead the match. They did try this in a 7 or so minute affair on a WWE B PPV and I remember it being pretty not good though. I had thought after Dustin vehemently denied his WWE release that they had some sort of quid pro quo thing to get Billy Gunn to do the Hall of Fame in exchange for Dustin doing a match like they did with TNA with the bizarre Christian for Ric Flair trade years back.

Has there ever been a sibling vs. sibling match or feud that was anything special besides Bret vs. Owen? I guess the WM25 Jeff vs. Matt Hardy match was okayish.

I actually love this gimmick. I'm probably reading too much into it but I feel like it's a satire of this bizarre and infantile obsession people now have with Mr. Rogers and I hope they take it a long way, serious potential there.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino