General Wrestling Discussion -

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Did they do anything more with him in ROH?
Probably not, everyone back stage hates him and Cass, the higher ups wasted money on them thinking they were getting "huge" talent. Even TNA got better WWE castaways.

With that new look this should be his new theme:

Robert The Conman Roode!
This is what happens when the WWE can't get a wrestler like Silas Young. They'll just make one of their own look like him.

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
Welp, obnoxious fans got called out by the english Stardom twitter page and wew. They found themselves a real character in the responses to that.

Look at that ratio on that fan who got offended. He's Maor Ilan.

Never heard of this Israeli fella before today, but he's known by other Israeli wrestling fans as a dickhead, and people on reddit who know him don't have nice things to say.

D5cZ4iuU8AAuALS.jpgD5cZt8FUcAAJFt_.jpgD5cZxyXUUAALyPe.jpg

A twitter thread showing proof of Japanese fans getting annoyed by him

Another thread about him

Posting this here because he's probably not worthy of a lolcow thread, but obnoxious enough to let wrestling fans know about him.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
They're still trying to push the narrative that Roman is an underdog, and still completely oblivious to why it works with Bryan or Kofi, but not with him.
I think that could be the real reason behind him going on a down cycle and losing weight. Not only will it look better in films so he's not just another Dwayne, but will help him have his own character type. It will also help with the narrative that Roman is an underdog, just like the cancer story does.

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
Okay, this story with Lio Rush is looking like it's not going to end well for him. I'm going to recap what's going on.

From Wrestling Observer:
There is internal heat on Lio Rush. On Raw this week, he wasn’t out with Lashley (neither were on Raw itself but Lashley worked the dark match main event). Rush is a very confident man. That can rub people the wrong way, even though you have to have that to be a star in this business. The story goes that he’s made it very clear to many people that he thinks he should be a/the top guy on the brand, and hasn’t been shy about saying it
From Fightful:
A source on the WWE Roster tells me Lio Rush would be very lucky to be back on the main roster any time soon, if ever. Fightful Select published an updated report on the in-ring standout Saturday. The brash cruiserweight has repeatedly rubbed the locker room the wrong way, and we've heard from several WWE sources that the roster has wanted him out of the locker room for quite a while. Some of the frustration stems from Rush's insistence to have his wife present at almost all times. While we've not heard anything about any heat on her in particular, we were told of two particular situations that caused heat on Lio Rush.

One apparently involves former WWE Universal Champion Finn Balor, who was making an effort to give Rush advice months ago. Balor allegedly let Rush know that it's quite likely that Vince McMahon wouldn't take kindly to his wife sitting in on rehearsals, and Rush responded unfavorably. Word got around the locker room pretty quickly. We were told of a separate incident in which caused management to get involved, as well. Rush had told members of the WWE roster last year that he hoped to land a reality show with his wife. We should reiterate, it doesn't appear there has been any heat on her, at least that has been relayed to us.
Lio Rush didn't like what Fightful reported, moaned about it, but surprisingly, he ended up giving them his side of the story.
During an extended Twitter thread, Lio Rush responded to rumors of backstage heat and issues with co-workers. Over the past week, several stories have emerged detailing Rush's deteriorating reputation backstage. During that thread, he singled out Fightful -- who reached out both before and after the tweets. "My issue has never been with Bobby (Lashley)," Lio told Fightful. "Being with Bobby has helped the both of us out tremendously. It’s given me speaking confidence I didn’t know i had. I never was a promo guy on the indies. But being with Bobby made me a promo guy. My issue isn’t with my on screen role. My issue is the fact that I haven’t been on meet & greets with Bobby, haven’t been getting paid for merchandise for us that has my catchphrases on them. (I) have been sent to live shows and TVs and forced to pay for my own rental for 5 days as well as hotel while not making enough money to do so. Walking around broke in the biggest sports entertainment industry that there is while having two kids and a wife to support." A story from PWInsider had also been published this week, stating that Rush refused to "pay his dues" so to speak by providing water to veterans on a European tour, as is the case with many main roster rookies. Rush would address that as well.

"It’s not about race and it has never been, but public perception is important to me and when we have fans that travel all over the globe and watch us get off of buses and into hotels, the LOOK of a black kid carrying waters and bags for other wrestlers is just not a good look, especially when I’m trying to portray myself as a superstar as well," Rush told us. On Saturday, Fightful revealed that there was a situation that garnered heat on Rush involving Finn Balor. Several Fightful sources stated that Balor let Lio Rush know that Vince McMahon and other management would probably look down on Rush's wife sitting in on rehearsals. Rush would somewhat deny that story, and instead blame someone else.

"Me and Finn are cool, and my wife has never been an issue. There is someone who works for WWE who has hated me since the day I’ve worked for ROH and now that they work for WWE they’re leaking false information to get me released. At a certain point, I have to defend myself so that’s what I decided to do. We’re all human, and we’re all grown ass adults. The kind of shit the flies backstage is ridiculous and I’m surprised more people aren’t speaking up," Rush said. As far as Lio's disappointment with how wrestling media covered the story, he opened up about that, and the way that he'd like to see things handled.

"These sheets should spread positive messages to the world but they only want to spread false, negative reports to damage someone else's career. What’s wrong with spreading truth? Thank you for reaching out to me, and I appreciate you for doing that. I honestly do. I’ve never been about the BS or politics or anything else rather than showing up to work, doing my job and providing for my family. I grew up in the worst parts of DC, and certain things that I was taught will always stick with me and why I’ve gotten to where I am now in life. I realize that people will talk regardless of how much positivity you try and push out into the world," Rush closed. It's worth noting that WWE typically doesn't provide wrestling websites with talent interviews or breaking news stories, as is often done. When a source that originally contributed the the report of Rush's heat read the Select story with Rush's words, they said they didn't think that he was a bad person, instead "arrogantly oblivious to what a WWE gig requires."
Mark Henry responded to Lio today, and welp.

From today's Busted Open show:
I pulled him aside the last time I saw him and told him 'I'm hearing stuff in the locker room. What's wrong?' He said nothing's wrong. It was a blatant lie to my face. I let him know that if he has a question, right now is the time to do that
You're likely not going to run into someone who knows the system like I know the system. He didn't do that. He lied to my face. Sometimes you have to talk to people that know more than you do. If you can't pay for a rental car, you can't pay for a hotel with the money that you're making every week then you need to change the way you're spending. You can't blame that on the office. If you spent everything before you got it, that's your problem.
Back in my day, they would've told him, 'Lio, Bobby shouldn't have to drive. He shouldn't have to carry his bag.' Yokuzana was my responsibility. After these comments he's gonna have to go somewhere, or the company's gonna have to tell him "good luck with your future endeavors. It's not a race issue. It's an ego issue. Who are you? Nobody is exempt from being respectful to the business and paying homage to the guys drawing money. We all have done it. Steve Austin did it. The Rock did it. You better than The Rock? Get the hell outta here!

I think that could be the real reason behind him going on a down cycle and losing weight. Not only will it look better in films so he's not just another Dwayne, but will help him have his own character type. It will also help with the narrative that Roman is an underdog, just like the cancer story does.

It's never going to work because we know he's hand-picked for stardom, unlike Bryan and Kofi who had to legit fight for it. Plus he's always looked and been booked like a heel but presented as a babyface, and is the only one on the roster to wear body armour, which in kayfabe gives him an unfair advantage.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
It's never going to work because we know he's hand-picked for stardom, unlike Bryan and Kofi who had to legit fight for it. Plus he's always looked and been booked like a heel but presented as a babyface, and is the only one on the roster to wear body armour, which in kayfabe gives him an unfair advantage.
It's like they forgot that they had body armour heels in the past like Big Boss Man in 1998. They (fans) see that sort of thing and either think he's weak and deserves to be booed or he's just another heel copying a better heel.

Okay, this story with Lio Rush is looking like it's not going to end well for him. I'm going to recap what's going on.

From Wrestling Observer:

From Fightful:

Lio Rush didn't like what Fightful reported, moaned about it, but surprisingly, he ended up giving them his side of the story.

Lio Rush has had problems with the company since he started. I don't think he's going to see Summerslam.

Magic Sun Daddy

Get on the ball, bitch.
kiwifarms.net

From Wrestling Observer:

From Fightful:

Mark Henry is, and will forever be, the realest nigga in the room.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
So, WWE will return to Saudi Arabia in June 7, and they will have Goldberg

Goldberg announced for WWE’s June 7 return to Saudi Arabia
By Sean Rueter@s1rude May 1, 2019, 9:30am EDT
WWE.com
The Fri., June 7 date has been floating around for a while now, but this morning WWE confirmed some details of their next show in Saudi Arabia.
The event will take place in Jeddah’s King Abdullah Sports City Stadium, site of last spring’s Greatest Royal Rumble. There isn’t a name attached to the show, which will stream on WWE Network, but there are several wrestlers advertised - including Hall of Famer Goldberg in his first match since WrestleMania 33 over two years ago. The Undertaker, the recently-retired-from-MMA Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Kofi Kingston, Seth Rollins and AJ Styles are also listed in the announcement.
This will be the third event held in the Kingdom as part of a ten year deal WWE signed with the Saudi General Sports Authority. The arrangement has been as controversial as it’s been lucrative for Vince McMahon’s company, from the fact women are not allowed to perform (or be shown in their usual ring attire in videos aired at the venue), to the propaganda advertisements which aired at Greatest Royal Rumble, to the calls to cancel last fall’s Crown Jewel amidst mounting evidence the Saudi Royal Family ordered the execution of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
The company is promising more details about matches and tickets in the weeks to come.
But uh...Goldberg is...he'll be safe won't he? On the downside, no word if that sumo guy will be back:

When will they bring that sumo guy back

Mark Henry is, and will forever be, the realest nigga in the room.
Michael Hayes would disagree

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
So, WWE will return to Saudi Arabia in June 7, and they will have Goldberg

But uh...Goldberg is...he'll be safe won't he? On the downside, no word if that sumo guy will be back:

When will they bring that sumo guy back

Michael Hayes would disagree
I think it would be fun to see Suni again. There's not much on him in his pro wrestling career due to starting out at the Greatest Royal Rumble but he was a Grand Sumo. Be nice to see how he's gotten over the year.

So Brock Lesnar retired from the UFC (again), this time due to Dana White not wanting to pay him what he wanted. So when he returns in June expect titles in the WWE to mean nothing again.

Bad enough the WWE is willing to pay Goldberg millions to not head to AEW, now they'll drop even more money on Brock. Vince wants to make it seem like he's not going to pull the same mistakes he made in the 90s, but he's making all of the mistakes the WCW did.

Truthspeaker

Walking that line between victim and ex-lover
kiwifarms.net
Bad enough the WWE is willing to pay Goldberg millions to not head to AEW, now they'll drop even more money on Brock. Vince wants to make it seem like he's not going to pull the same mistakes he made in the 90s, but he's making all of the mistakes the WCW did.
Vince has been a legit billionaire since the WWE Network came out, and he's earning more guaranteed money now (and for the forseeable future) than he's ever done in his career.

WCW never had that. They were owned by a man wealthier than VKM's ever been, but that only changed because of the AOL-Time Warner merger. WCW could've survived even that had it not been a money pit for most of its existence; but it was, so it didn't.

I still hope AEW knocks WWE off its perch (and they're in the best position of anyone to do it this century), but it's important to remember even WCW only fell like it did because of a circumstance that could never happen to WWE. VKM could have his net worth go down by an order of magnitude, and he'd still be in better shape than WCW after the AOL-Time Warner fiasco.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Vince has been a legit billionaire since the WWE Network came out, and he's earning more guaranteed money now (and for the forseeable future) than he's ever done in his career.

WCW never had that. They were owned by a man wealthier than VKM's ever been, but that only changed because of the AOL-Time Warner merger. WCW could've survived even that had it not been a money pit for most of its existence; but it was, so it didn't.

I still hope AEW knocks WWE off its perch (and they're in the best position of anyone to do it this century), but it's important to remember even WCW only fell like it did because of a circumstance that could never happen to WWE. VKM could have his net worth go down by an order of magnitude, and he'd still be in better shape than WCW after the AOL-Time Warner fiasco.
Networth for the WWE is 3.5 billion while Vince's networth is 3.1 billion. That hasn't really gone up over the years even with the Network (subscribers are currently at 2 million with only a 2% rise). Operations income is at a loss as well. They've also seen a drop of 13% in terms of views from 1st quarter 2018 to 1st quarter 2019.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
AAA was pretty fun last night as usual. The announce team they have on their English channel is mostly okay. They clearly aren't native English speakers but they have a lot of enthusiasm and no Vampiro. Their main dude Adrian has been skilled enough to even get a decent performance out of Vampiro, too. Only other person I've seen do that is Jeremy Borash on the Earthquake Charity show.
Adrian needs a good catchphrase like BRUTAL! BRUTAL! but he's pretty good for a guy who clearly doesn't speak English as his first language.

Their next live show on twitch is this Sunday I think.

• Informative
Reactions: MidUSA

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Looks like Bobby Lashley wants to face Goldberg:http://www.pwmania.com/goldberg-responds-to-raw-star-noticing-his-wwe-return
Goldberg Responds To RAW Star Noticing His WWE Return
By
PWMania.com Staff
-
05/05/2019
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter

WWE announced last Wednesday that their next event in Saudi Arabia will be held on Friday, June 7 at King Abdullah Sports City Stadium in Jeddah and air live on the WWE Network.
King Abdullah Sports City Stadium also hosted the Greatest Royal Rumble in April 2018, while Crown Jewel took place in Riyadh in November.
Eight wrestlers are already advertised for the show, with Goldberg being the most interesting name. Bobby Lashley seems interested in facing Goldberg at the event as he sent out this tweet today.
[url=https://twitter.com/fightbobby/status/1125034003017416707?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1125034003017416707&ref_url=http://www.pwmania.com/goldberg-responds-to-raw-star-noticing-his-wwe-return]
[/url]

Goldberg retweeted Lashley with a punch emoji.

https://twitter.com/Goldberg/status/1125053808202006528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1125053808202006528&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pwmania.com%2Fgoldberg-responds-to-raw-star-noticing-his-wwe-return]
[/url]

Goldberg and Lashley have never crossed paths in wrestling since they’ve never worked for the same company at the same time until now.
According to Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE officials approached Goldberg for the show because they feel he’s the one guy left who could potentially draw lapsed wrestling fans to All Elite Wrestling (AEW).
“Those in WWE say the company approached Goldberg, figuring he was the one guy left who could go to AEW and perhaps bring back lapsed fans, similar to how Vince McMahon, without the benefit of hindsight, left the door open to WCW for Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper and Randy Savage in the 90s,” Meltzer wrote.
Some wrestlers have earned seven figures for appearing on the shows in Saudi Arabia and this is likely the case for Goldberg.
“Obviously he’ll be getting giant money on his new deal. A few performers have gotten seven figures for these shows and the fact Goldberg wrestles to sparingly tells you he’s not doing anything cheap, let alone this,” Meltzer wrote.
It’s unclear whether Goldberg will actually wrestle a match on the show as it’s quite possible that he’ll only do an angle. If Goldberg wrestles a match on the show, it will be his first bout since losing the Universal Championship to Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 33 in April 2017.

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
Wow, so I was watching some of Raw on /wooo/tube. Show sucked and I closed the stream, buuuut, Celt (420chan mod) made a video and showed it to everyone during the commercial break. Sadly, I did not manage to grab the link because the part at the end genuinely shocked me, but it was a compilation of moments involving AJ Styles, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn that would get them "cancelled" on social media.

You guys probably already know the ones with AJ Styles, he says "faggot" and yadda, yadda.
  • There's a really old clip with Sami Zayn, likely prior to being El Generico since he was unmasked, where he's pretending to be a black guy complaining about racism. He said he's not seeing one brotha in the area, with the stereotypical accent and all.
  • The infamous clip where an indie guy was doing a parody of the Austin 3:16 promo where AJ Styles got shoot mad and interrupted him because he thought the guy was mocking the bible.
  • A clip with AJ Styles calling Kevin Owens (Steen, back then) a faggot, and then Steen awkwardly laughs, pretending to be friends with Styles. I mean, that's totally the gimmick, Styles insults Owens, his tag team partner, and Owens pretends that was banter, like a geek. As I type this, I realize that Owens got off easy with this montage.
  • The final clip actually had Excalibur along with Kevin Owens and some other guy, cutting a promo on a black guy in the ring who is teaming with El Generico. Excalibur says something like "You're not replacing us with a SPIC, and a NIGGER." He repeated "nigger" to capitalize on the moment because the crowd was genuinely surprised. Looks like this was at an old PWG show, and someone in the chat quickly pointed out that this clip was scrubbed (possibly along with the whole match), and it's not on any streaming service.

They certainly seem to be in panic mode now, still of the belief that more Roman = more ratings. Take two of the most talented teams around and get them to feud over back shaving. After work I have about 4 hours before bed, so I'm not spending 3 of those watching Raw

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net

Going by the YouTube comments, they’re laying on the Waylon Mercy references thick. A possible return to TV for Dan Spivey, maybe?

He did help with the Bray Wyatt character.

So I've been catching up on the Crochett Cup and my god some of this was terrible. They thought putting Jim Cornette on commentary was a good idea so having to watch a wrestling PPV muted isn't a good time but luckily I can't listen to it anyways where I'm at unless the volumes low anyways.

Who's ever idea it was for the Briscoe's to have a match against the Rock N' Roll Express should never be given the chance to book another match ever. All these old timers could do was bleed in the ring. And the women's match? Oh god don't get me started on that. At least it's good to see Crimson improve in the ring. All in all, four hours and they only managed to have a few matches that were good and that was the Villain Enterprises matches.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino