General Wrestling Discussion -

Twitter Hate Mob

Actual size
kiwifarms.net
The Product has been stale and shit for years, they haven't cultivated a real top tier star in how long now?
That's the biggest reason why Network subs are falling - sure, you care watch the archives, but once you've done that, why bother? All that's left is a succession of "they're going to make X a star, just look!" and then three weeks later they lose interest and fuck it up.

Braun Strowman was probably the most sure-fire hit during his "I'm going to murder Roman Reigns and fuck ambulances" phase and yet he's still just a guy instead of Stone Cold with gigantism. Not to look at the wasted years they've had with CM Punk, Daniel Bryan et al.

When Jon Moxley is giving interviews saying "I can't believe they're going to make me walk away from all this money" because of how badly he knows creative will fuck it up, it becomes apparent that a full restructure is mandatory if they want to change anything

I think the worst part is they completely abandoned real Gimmicks.

Sure "MAGICAL ZOMBIE VOODOO MAN UNDERTAKER!" is cheesy as fuck, but god damn everybody is just a roided up bald guy or a long haired pretty boy at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Eh...I doubt it. Wagner would come back for a retirement match or at least a run-in against Rush at TripleMania if they asked.
speculation seems to be Wagner saw those fat stacks AAA threw at Rush and wants in on it, also Wagner seems to be making inroads with Hijo del Santo who isn't on good terms with either of the majors

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
That's the biggest reason why Network subs are falling - sure, you care watch the archives, but once you've done that, why bother? All that's left is a succession of "they're going to make X a star, just look!" and then three weeks later they lose interest and fuck it up.

Braun Strowman was probably the most sure-fire hit during his "I'm going to murder Roman Reigns and fuck ambulances" phase and yet he's still just a guy instead of Stone Cold with gigantism. Not to look at the wasted years they've had with CM Punk, Daniel Bryan et al.

When Jon Moxley is giving interviews saying "I can't believe they're going to make me walk away from all this money" because of how badly he knows creative will fuck it up, it becomes apparent that a full restructure is mandatory if they want to change anything
Vince’s combination of ego and paranoia that has led to him deciding he won’t let anyone get bigger than the brand is killing the brand.

Where will they be once all the legends from the late 90s-early 2000s timeframe can’t come back anymore to pop the crowd?

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
That's the issue with writing. Vince outright passes on people who are fans of wrestling to work as writers.

The reasoning behind this is ultimately they are producing a TV show, not a wrestling show (if you do want a wrestling show, check out NWA POWERRR. Top stuff there). The second reason behind not hiring wrestling fans as writers is because the guy getting the push at that point is your guy getting the push, not what makes sense (with story or merch sales).

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I don't get why Becky Lynch is still champion. she's no longer over with the crowd, her matches are terrible and even Kana can't bring her to a good match. I honestly believe that she's only champion because of Seth Rolins at this point. Tonight's angle with Shayna was stupid too. She's coming off weaker and weaker as time progresses. I think Nia should come back and just beat her senseless and I can't stand the Queen of Botches. Pretty soon AEW is going to have a better women's division than the WWE.

I just noticed that when Drew does a headbutt he'll put his hand up in front. I'm guessing that's not only to protect both people but to also get a good sound.

I thought the whole cuck storylines RAW had for the past six months or so were pretty bad, but this whole Monday Night Messiah garbage is worse. At least there were proper finishes to matches.

Last edited:

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
I just noticed that when Drew does a headbutt he'll put his hand up in front. I'm guessing that's not only to protect both people but to also get a good sound.

I thought the whole cuck storylines RAW had for the past six months or so were pretty bad, but this whole Monday Night Messiah garbage is worse. At least there were proper finishes to matches.
Two things:

1. Yeah, you headbutt your thumb. It protects both you and the opponent from concussion.

2. The Monday Night Messiah gimmick is actually deep lore and slow burn writing involving Bray Wyatt. Each wrestler that's had a match against The Fiend has had a pretty drastic gimmick change immediately following it. Finn Balor goes from an all-inclusive babyface to his old Prince Devitt persona. Daniel Bryan shaves his hair and beard and goes from eco-warrior and someone who loves his wife and kid to someone who loves loves wrestling and being beat on a little "too much". Seth turns into an actual cult leader and is the most drastic of changes.

It all revolves around The Fiend.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
that would mean WWE can still do long term booking. This isn't the 80-90s anymore.
seriously this
Bray's Stupid Clown Mask is just a shitty ripoff of Psycho Clown like all the other shit lolWWE has been stealing from AAA
it's more plausible that it's really a magic ghost or whatever than "lolwwe has a long-term vision other than 'DAMMIT PAUL WHERE'S MY COCAINE'"

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
When it comes to Seth, they just needed him to be a heel because that's all he's good at. He's AJ Styles from 2005-2011 but the opposite, poor baby face the fans don't get behind and don't believe as a baby face. AJ Styles was a bad heel the fans wanted to get behind because of how good he was in the ring. Maybe in five more years Seth will "get" how to be a baby face, for now it's best to keep him heel. It's just sad that he can't be heel without some faction. It's always up to others to get heat for him.

People who think all these changes in baby faces because of their matches with Bray watch way too much WrestleTalk.

Reactions: MsStevieMarie

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
People who think all these changes in baby faces because of their matches with Bray watch way too much WrestleTalk.
They literally said it on Smackdown last week when bringing up Goldberg calling out the Fiend.

That being said: How the hell are they going to do this match without ruining either one? Can't have Goldberg get squashed, can't have Fiend lose to keep the gimmick strong, can't have Fiend eat spears because it'll make Goldberg look weak.

How can you salvage this?

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
So recently on the Bump, DH Smith appears and the original incarnation of the Hart Dynasty is together.

Could this possibly be a return of Smith in WWE?

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
They literally said it on Smackdown last week when bringing up Goldberg calling out the Fiend.

That being said: How the hell are they going to do this match without ruining either one? Can't have Goldberg get squashed, can't have Fiend lose to keep the gimmick strong, can't have Fiend eat spears because it'll make Goldberg look weak.

How can you salvage this?
Instead of the Fiend showing up you get Bray Wyatt instead. That or the typical DQ finish that "keeps both people over".

That being said, I think I'm done watching AEW while Jericho is champion. I'm just not feeling it. He's built pretty strongly in NJPW, but over in the Mainland, he's just your typical cowardly heel who needs a half dozen people to help him win a match. Also, they put the women's title on a man so that's belt is over.

Hopefully the whole Dark Order thing with their leader turns out to be Adam Page just due to how losses affect him and the whole thing about the Dark Order and wins/ loses.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
News of another Hart family member:

Court documents state Hart was charged with possession of a schedule III narcotic, and possession with intent to sell or distribute. Schedule III drugs include codeine, anabolic steroids, and hydrocodone. He faces up to a year in jail and up to a $2500 fine for misdemeanor possession. The intent charge could lead to 1 - 10 years in prison and a similar fine.

He’s scheduled to appear in court on April 23.