General Wrestling Discussion -

Eh...I doubt it. Wagner would come back for a retirement match or at least a run-in against Rush at TripleMania if they asked.

As for PPVs, the best case scenario is them going to Amazon or Hulu and selling individual PPVs in a "on demand" type format at a drastically lower price when compared to the past when Wrestlemanias were $80. Pay $10 for any of the big four, and $5 for any other PPV.

The worst case scenario comes if they go back to a high priced PPV format on cable boxes and removed PPVs from the network entirely. Don't get me wrong, as a wrestler I'd still subscribe to the network, as it is an amazing tool for wrestlers, but as a fan that format wouldn't appeal to me.

In the age of streaming and torrents they'd be crazy to move back to the old PPV model. Due to the time difference I can't watch them until Monday evening, by which time it's already invariably been spoiled, so I wouldn't pay any extra even for the big four. NXT's delayed network slot is annoying as well, since I have to wait until Friday evening to watch it fully.

• Agree
Reactions: MsStevieMarie
WWE is running their matches into the ground moreso than usual. Its odd how in their financial reports they always crow about their enormous roster of over 300 wrestlers, and you see the same 60 or 70 people between RAW, Smackdown and NXT.
I saw somebody make a post about 60 wrestlers that hadn't been on RAW, Smackdown or NXT at all in the past 60 days and any wrestling promoter in the world could have taken that and made a good wrestling show out of it. They are paying hundreds of people 6 figures to sit in the back and eat baloney sandwiches, its wild to me.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of a quote from the RBR wrestling podcast some years ago when they were talking about Teddy Hart and Jack Evans:
"They have careers in Mexico!"
"SO?! DRUG DEALERS HAVE CAREERS IN MEXICO!"
I need to dig up that video of Jack Evans's cartel story.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
WWE is running their matches into the ground moreso than usual. Its odd how in their financial reports they always crow about their enormous roster of over 300 wrestlers, and you see the same 60 or 70 people between RAW, Smackdown and NXT.
I saw somebody make a post about 60 wrestlers that hadn't been on RAW, Smackdown or NXT at all in the past 60 days and any wrestling promoter in the world could have taken that and made a good wrestling show out of it. They are paying hundreds of people 6 figures to sit in the back and eat baloney sandwiches, its wild to me.
It's so that the talent doesn't go to the "competition". The problem with that is WWE has said no one is competition for them and another problem is that they're right, WWE is their own little world outside of professional wrestling because Vince refuses to market themselves as wrestling because being the idiot that he is now days doesn't like the word. He doesn't get that the reason why so many promotions do so well know is because they have characters. All he has is a brand name, an old man that may wrestle once or twice a year baring how his hip and head is that year, and a guy in a mask. What else is there? "I'm Mexican", "I'm Big", "I'm beefy", "I try my hardest", "I'm a coward" aren't characters, they're just tropes.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
It's so that the talent doesn't go to the "competition". The problem with that is WWE has said no one is competition for them and another problem is that they're right, WWE is their own little world outside of professional wrestling because Vince refuses to market themselves as wrestling because being the idiot that he is now days doesn't like the word. He doesn't get that the reason why so many promotions do so well know is because they have characters. All he has is a brand name, an old man that may wrestle once or twice a year baring how his hip and head is that year, and a guy in a mask. What else is there? "I'm Mexican", "I'm Big", "I'm beefy", "I try my hardest", "I'm a coward" aren't characters, they're just tropes.
I totally agree with you. Vince is afraid of the paper tiger that is AEW, and that's why he easily let go Harper, The Acension, and Sin Cara. Hell, Sin Cara didn't even go back to his old gimmick of Mistico de Juarez, opting to go with Cintra de Oro (which actually screwed over Cintra de Oro Jr., as he now has to unmask or use a entirely new gimmick...long story).

Vince should actually let The Revival go. After the feud with the Young Bucks goes stale and blows off, who would they wrestle in a 5-star feud? Jack Evans and Angelico? Please.

Reactions: beautiful person

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If AEW really cared they'd have gotten Mamba instead of that talentless freakshow.

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
I was neutral on her before (it's a worked sport so gender shit doesn't matter) but she just seems like a dead set fuckwit.
If anything, it's more dangerous if one is an unsafe worker. Most legit sports rarely involve competitors in contact with one another, let alone having to entrust their safety to someone who could injure them accidentally or not due to the size difference.

Last edited:
I think it'd be cool if nyla rose was so apparently a deluded, 6 foot tall pervert like that rugby player, "Hannah" Mouncey, that looks like Rob Gronkowski in a sun dress and after every game, 3 opposing mangled bio-women need to be airlifted to a hospital. Its no fun that "she" is 5'5'' and needs to be in a match with a 90 pound woman to look like a monster and can't even powerbomb her rival through a gimmicked table. Nyla Rose is the drizzling shits in all regards, hands down AEW's worst signing, and this is a company with librarian characters, Marko Stunt, Michael Nakazawa, Brendan Cutler, Joey Janela, Jimmy Havoc, QT Marshall, Shawn Spears, a dude with his hands in his pockets and a "luchasaurus"

They should have never even bothered with women if it was going to be this crummy.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I'd go as far as not being a woman, but not much further.
it's impressive how Nyla is equally bad at passing as a woman and as an athlete
Leas they improved over the course of two years. Nia Jax hasn't in over six.

AEW wanted to put a belt on Nyla since its inception. The only reason they didn't was because of their shit performance at Double or Nothing. Now AEW can fly around the "We'Re InClUsIvE" flag. Honestly, Candy Lee from New Zeland is a far better trans wrestler and can put on convincing matches against other women.
They always went with the inclusive shit from the beginning, even going so far as claiming they didn't know Rose was a man.
Also, Visage is more convincing woman than Rose.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
It didn't help that the last time he got criticism he said this:

View attachment 1145918
View attachment 1145919
Since deleted that tweet and apologized but still...that THIS was the first thing he responded with...
In fairness, Nyla is a heel and that is a heelish thing to say. Probably a little farther than AEW would be comfortable with, but still kinda in character.

Edit:
You know, the more I think about it, the weirder this whole thing is. AEW is trying to balance between having the brave, strong transwoman breaking barriers and a big, scary transwoman beating the shit out of tiny Japanese waifus. I kinda wonder how they're going to make that work long term, cuz lord knows Nyla ain't gonna be working as a face looking and wrestling like that.

Last edited:

MidUSA

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As long as they keep Nyla Rose pure heel and don't try to tard cum the trans-status to a uncomfortable degree, I can deal with *her* being champ and in the company.

If AEW starts to put out a bunch of stunning-and-brave-trans-woman vingettes and start attacking fans over their reactions, then it may sadly spiral fast into "get woke go broke" territory.

As of this moment they have barely brought up Nylas trans-status and that's how preferrably the whole trans-business would work. You want to transition, you do, and then you live your life as whatever you transitioned into. It's the crazy trans-grifters who want to live in a constant stage of transitioning, apparently not having any goal of transisioning to anything but just wish to have the trans-label in order to be treated as the nu-nobility it gets treated as in leftist circles and anywhere those vultures have influence.

My main problem ATM with Nyla is that she's a pretty crap wrestler and promo. And seem to work pretty unsafe despite having a male frame and a huge weight advantage.

I saw someone theorize that the reason for Kylie Rae's mysterious departure from AEW was that she was unwilling to jeapordize her health to getting fucked up by a Nyla botch, but obviously couldn't go official with that from fear of getting hounded for 'transphobia'.