General Wrestling Discussion -

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Tessa Blanchard is the TNA Worlds Champion so that's a non point. I'm more worried about how green Rose still is to be in the position they're in. All they're going to do is hurt everyone in the Women's Division because of that. Rose is just Nia Jax 2.0. Rose has been wrestling since at least 2013 and they certainly don't look like it.

Reactions: beautiful person

Hucklejo

kiwifarms.net
Tessa Blanchard is the TNA Worlds Champion so that's a non point. I'm more worried about how green Rose still is to be in the position they're in. All they're going to do is hurt everyone in the Women's Division because of that. Rose is just Nia Jax 2.0. Rose has been wrestling since at least 2013 and they certainly don't look like it.
He's Nia Jax maybe 0.5, he's worse in the ring. Has a worse gimmick, and worse connection with fans (especially women.) For all her problems, Nia Jax was actually over. Sure the overwhelming beckbeard army made it seem like she wasn't after she popped Becky.

Reactions: Heckler1

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
He's Nia Jax maybe 0.5, he's worse in the ring. Has a worse gimmick, and worse connection with fans (especially women.) For all her problems, Nia Jax was actually over. Sure the overwhelming beckbeard army made it seem like she wasn't after she popped Becky.
Nia was rarely over with fans, all she was known for was injuring anyone who stepped into the ring with her because she can't work. She almost ended Bliss's career. When there was news Nia may quit wrestling there was probably a sigh of relief from the whole locker room.

Hucklejo

kiwifarms.net
Nia was rarely over with fans, all she was known for was injuring anyone who stepped into the ring with her because she can't work. She almost ended Bliss's career. When there was news Nia may quit wrestling there was probably a sigh of relief from the whole locker room.
Alexa was hurt by Ronda not Nia. The Nia injury was a work, she was wrestling days after it.

Nia was over as a face in the mania fued with Alexa. Over again as a heel after popping Becky. But then they just had Becky punk her out, killed her heat and then she got hurt. Won't argue she's had some sketchy moments, but I'd pick her 10/10 times over Rose.

trent

kiwifarms.net
Nia and Nyla are both equally bad/green but Nyla has far more potential to hurt people due to her being stronger.

The way she throws people around the place is scary looking sometimes. It won't surprise me if she ends up badly injuring one of the smaller joshis at some stage.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Alexa was hurt by Ronda not Nia. The Nia injury was a work, she was wrestling days after it.

Nia was over as a face in the mania fued with Alexa. Over again as a heel after popping Becky. But then they just had Becky punk her out, killed her heat and then she got hurt. Won't argue she's had some sketchy moments, but I'd pick her 10/10 times over Rose.
That wasn't the only time Bliss has suffered concussions, First few times was with Nia, then it was with Ronda. Though with Ronda it was two of them in very short amount of time.
Nia and Nyla are both equally bad/green but Nyla has far more potential to hurt people due to her being stronger.

The way she throws people around the place is scary looking sometimes. It won't surprise me if she ends up badly injuring one of the smaller joshis at some stage.
Nyla shouldn't be green at all given they've been wrestling for seven years. It just shows that either they're too lazy to work with the people in the ring or don't care, that or they were trained to wrestle like men and not like women.

Nyla would probably kill Shoko Nakajima.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
nyla rose man voice is awful
How you can't tell Nyla is a man is beyond me.

Luckily AEW had three good matches tonight. Battle Royal (though anything with Orange Cassidy is great lets be honest), Tag team match with Kenny and Paige vs the Lucha Bros even though the Lucha Bros still can't figure out how to use a damn tag rope, and the steal cage match was decent, I like the design of their cage but looks flimsy as fuck. Too much give in my opinion, like you could squeeze between the middle and get out of it, that's how much give there is. Statlander had a pretty bad match, but I figure that's her opponents fault as Kris is a great wrestler. Jeff Cobbs didn't put on a good showing, first match on national television and loses with a roll up. Who would want to get him to sign a contract after that showing?

That's more than what WWE was able to do so far this week. The whole Monday Night Messiah thing is arguably worse than both cuck storylines from last year. Luckily Jeff has been written off television for good so he can go to other promotions like AEW he hinted at in a tweet. Haven't watched NXT yet, been waiting to watch Takeover first.

I think there's also some NJPW I have to catch up on and some ROH too.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
reminder that Mamba not only is an alphabet soup person, is talented in the ring, and runs a promotion, but Mamba also speaks English
Cody has the freak show Nyla because that's what he wants.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
reminder that Mamba not only is an alphabet soup person, is talented in the ring, and runs a promotion, but Mamba also speaks English
Cody has the freak show Nyla because that's what he wants.
It's more like it's what Brandi wanted. After all, she wanted her little Nightmare Collective until she was told by Khan it wasn't working and to can it. She also get's the first female action figure for the company because why not? The woman desperately wants to be Stephanie.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's more like it's what Brandi wanted. After all, she wanted her little Nightmare Collective until she was told by Khan it wasn't working and to can it. She also get's the first female action figure for the company because why not? The woman desperately wants to be Stephanie.
I figured it was like the old carnie styles of the freak show being "educational" but it's "empowering" instead, like knowing you're there to stare and point but this way everybody can feel good about themselves.

Reactions: Martys_not_smarty

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
I figured it was like the old carnie styles of the freak show being "educational" but it's "empowering" instead, like knowing you're there to stare and point but this way everybody can feel good about themselves.
No, that's what Cornette wants AEW to do. Play off of the fact their champion is trans for cheap heat. AEW seems to want to play off the fact that they're more inclusive company than any other, even though what are the chances they'll ever get another trans wrestler? They'll just get LGB wrestlers. I swear Nyla is supposed to be the Sonny Kiss for the women's division.

I don't get why they couldn't get a woman from Mexico with some star power like they did with the Lucha Bros. Their women's division is devoid of any names. At least they have some characters and interesting people like Kris Statlander (an alien), Big Swole (who has an interesting story behind becoming a wrestler which should help her get over), Yuka Sakazaki (A magical girl), Shoko Nakajima (a kaiju).

Then they have people like Bea Priestley, great look, no charisma. Mel (Melanie Cruise), could easily be the monster heel in the women's division, used poorly (why did she have to shave her head?). Hikaru Shida, great wrestler, could have gotten the women's division over, only used to put over other women. Penelope Ford, girl friend for anyone feuding so they fight over her like she's some sort of trophy. Currently used for the Joey/ Kip feud due to her actually dating Kip now (feels like a rehash of the Matt/ Edge storyline). Brit Baker, "I'm a dentist!", she's "NXT's Champions girlfriend".

They're really hit or miss in that division.

Also, Nyla is billed at 5'9", Kris is billed at 5'9 1/4 yet Kris looked to be at least an inch and a half taller.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, that's what Cornette wants AEW to do. Play off of the fact their champion is trans for cheap heat. AEW seems to want to play off the fact that they're more inclusive company than any other, even though what are the chances they'll ever get another trans wrestler? They'll just get LGB wrestlers. I swear Nyla is supposed to be the Sonny Kiss for the women's division.
Sonny Kiss can go at least decent in the ring.
But no I mean like, although the sign in front says educlusive, the carnie in the back is still expecting the person flipping channels to see the freak and stop to gawk.
That's why Mamba wouldn't have worked. People fall for Mamba's trap all the time.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Sonny Kiss can go at least decent in the ring.
But no I mean like, although the sign in front says educlusive, the carnie in the back is still expecting the person flipping channels to see the freak and stop to gawk.
That's why Mamba wouldn't have worked. People fall for Mamba's trap all the time.
Is Mamba trans? I thought he just went drag as part of his character, like how Maximo isn't really gay.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is Mamba trans? I thought he just went drag as part of his character, like how Maximo isn't really gay.
I think if we're splitting hairs Mamba is a gay man doing drag? But yeah at the very least as far as I know Mamba's shoot gay.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
I think if we're splitting hairs Mamba is a gay man doing drag? But yeah at the very least as far as I know Mamba's shoot gay.
That's the same guy TNA was going to bring in around 2009 but decided against it for some reason, and they had Orlando Jordan at the time right?