General Wrestling Discussion -

Roman Reigns self-quarantined. Rumors are that matches that some matches that were supposed to be shot today and tomorrow are off, too, due to other wrestlers refusing to work.
3 other names that are said to be no-shows are Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens and Goldberg.
WM is such a fucking fiasco right now.

Can't blame him for that. Health is far more important than any wrestling match.

• Agree
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

beautiful person

kiwifarms.net
I doubt anyone here cares about being spoiled about Wrestlemania, but just in case
For his WWE-simping on Twitter, Braun Strowman has been rewarded with a main event match with Goldberg at Wrestlemania. They're going try to explain this into storyline on Smackdown tonight.

Because they're still trying to make that happen. Despite everything continuing to fall apart around them.

This replacement is due to Leukemia-weakened Reigns pulling out from the match. Apparently Miz is sick - and now also out of the show - which freaked the Usos out, or some shit.

(source) (archive)

Also, Andrade's out too now, lol.
(a)

Probably would've been better to just postpone at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
I doubt anyone here cares about being spoiled about Wrestlemania, but just in case
For his WWE-simping on Twitter, Braun Strowman has been rewarded with a main event match with Goldberg at Wrestlemania. They're going try to explain this into storyline on Smackdown tonight.

Because they're still trying to make that happen. Despite everything continuing to fall apart around them.

This replacement is due to Leukemia-weakened Reigns pulling out from the match. Apparently Miz is sick - and now also out of the show - which freaked the Usos out, or some shit.

(source) (archive)

Also, Andrade's out too now, lol.
(a)

Probably would've been better to just postpone at this point.
This is getting close to train wreck territory, almost making me want to check it out due to morbid curiosity. Then I remember WWE’s headache-inducing production and decide I won’t bother.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Given that all their talent had to cancel or is in quarantine, I am proud to announce here that WWE has contacted me to wrestle at Wrestlemania! My opponent will be a broom they found backstage in a 7 hour Ironman match. No title on the line because that would be just plain silly.

Twitter Hate Mob

Actual size
kiwifarms.net
This is getting close to train wreck territory, almost making me want to check it out due to morbid curiosity. Then I remember WWE’s headache-inducing production and decide I won’t bother.
Yeah, but it'll be a Wrestlemania without obnoxious shots of idiots in the crowd trying to get themselves over, that alone makes it more watchable than a lot of the shows in recent years.

AGreatDipAtAFairPrice

kiwifarms.net
"Getting close?" They are running an event that typically gets tens of thousands of people in their gym with no fans present and the heavyweight title match is already off.
This is going to be hysterical in shoot interviews down the line.
WWE had no good answer. They do it this way, and its a fiasco, if they postpone it, its a fiasco. A postponed WM might not have even happened for months. What if local or federal governments wouldn't even let them do what they are doing now, no wrestling for months, and WM is on the shelf through the summer and into when they normally do SummerSlam? I think doing it now is the least bad option. There weren't any good options in this.

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
"Getting close?" They are running an event that typically gets tens of thousands of people in their gym with no fans present and the heavyweight title match is already off.
This is going to be hysterical in shoot interviews down the line.
WWE had no good answer. They do it this way, and its a fiasco, if they postpone it, its a fiasco. A postponed WM might not have even happened for months. What if local or federal governments wouldn't even let them do what they are doing now, no wrestling for months, and WM is on the shelf through the summer and into when they normally do SummerSlam? I think doing it now is the least bad option. There weren't any good options in this.
Postponement would have been the best for public perception. There are plenty of people who find WWE doing even this much to salvage what is traditionally a huge event to be callous and offensive. The fact that Vince McMahon didn’t cancel it voluntarily until the county officials said they’d cancel it if he didn’t was not looked well upon by many when major sports leagues and travelling shows like Cirque du Soleil and Disney on Ice had already suspended operations, in some cases jeopardizing their business’ future.

If their “creative” wasn’t handcuffed to the one-month build cycle, they could easily put it off for months if needed, but their product extrusion mechanism only knows how to operate one way, so here they find themselves. Trapped with trying to make an extravaganza in mom’s garage.

Reactions: Twitter Hate Mob

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Given that all their talent had to cancel or is in quarantine, I am proud to announce here that WWE has contacted me to wrestle at Wrestlemania! My opponent will be a broom they found backstage in a 7 hour Ironman match. No title on the line because that would be just plain silly.
Be careful, that broom may have won the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship, you never know since WWE was going on a hiring sperg last year.

Magic Sun Daddy

Get on the ball, bitch.
kiwifarms.net

Brock got into it with Vince for being a greedy asshole and not postponing Wrestlemania. Given how anti-social and cold he is, Lesnar still cares about his coworkers and their health.

beautiful person

kiwifarms.net

Brock got into it with Vince for being a greedy asshole and not postponing Wrestlemania. Given how anti-social and cold he is, Lesnar still cares about his coworkers and their health.
Let's be real, he was just pissy because he didn't get to stay holed up in his Saskatchewan cabin with Sable. According to this report, he was trying to jump ahead in line and get his match filmed first so he could go right back home. That doesn't really indicate interest in coworkers' wellbeing.