General Wrestling Discussion -

TSWM

kiwifarms.net
Stardom's Hana Kimura, dead of apparent suicide. Apparently a lot of people hated her on some reality show.

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
Hana Kimura is dead. 22 years old.

Earlier today, she had posted 4 pictures of arms with a lot of cuts from razors. After checking with /asp/, I got the impression that 3 of the pics were from other people. Pics you may have seen before on /b/. The one on the top left that Hana posted looked like Hana's arm. And it just so happened to have the deepest cuts of the bunch.

There were also tweets from her that implied suicide, but those also got deleted. Apparently, it stemmed from some drama from her being in a reality TV show. A popular one in Japan. She blew up at a fan favorite for ruining her wrestling gear, shrinking it. Fans of said reality show got pissed at her, told her to kill herself. She may have had to be on that show in order to get any income (other than merch sales) during the quarantine.

This really sucks. She was a major rising star at Stardom. In fact, supposedly, their plans for this year were to get Hana Kimura and Giulia firmly established as top stars. I'm kind of blanking on personal details regarding Hana. I know her mother was a wrestler, and that despite being very attractive and quirky, Hana appeared to not have much going outside of wrestling. For some people, this shitty business is all they have. I vaguely remember some doc (maybe the one Vice did on Stardom) where Hana would talk about having trouble meeting men. She would also lie about her occupation to people outside the wrestling business, iirc. Perhaps she was really introverted. Maybe depressed? Hopefully, I can get the details cleared up.

Anyways, I remember seeing /asp/ make memes about this earlier today, and I laughed, but then they posted pics of the cut wrists. And then the real news hit on twitter, and anons realized she really died. Just an awful situation all around.

JMike

Which came first, ranch or cool ranch?
kiwifarms.net
I’ve always thought deep down that joshi is a pretty scummy business and that ninety percent of people who watched it are pedophiles, and I think with this incident people are getting that much closer to realizing it. I know that wasn’t the root of the problems but I still think it can open eyes. Can’t say I’ve ever watched a Hana Kimura match but I wish her family and friends well.

UnKillFill

How come he don't want me man?
kiwifarms.net
I'm watching the dark side of the ring about Owen Hart, and yeah Vince fucked up a lot... But I think the biggest problem is Canada.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
I'm watching the dark side of the ring about Owen Hart, and yeah Vince fucked up a lot... But I think the biggest problem is Canada.
I can't remember the source but back around 2003-2006 message boards made this comment about wrestling:

“WRESTLING…. In Canada, it’s a Tradition… in Mexico, it’s a Religion…. in Japan, it’s a Sport… in America…. It’s a Joke.”

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
Hana Kimura details are grim, another hot prospect lost with strong western appeal. Maho Kurone of TJPW was another popular and upcoming name that also quit due to anxiety and depression.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net

Earlier today, she had posted 4 pictures of arms with a lot of cuts from razors. After checking with /asp/, I got the impression that 3 of the pics were from other people. Pics you may have seen before on /b/. The one on the top left that Hana posted looked like Hana's arm. And it just so happened to have the deepest cuts of the bunch.

There were also tweets from her that implied suicide, but those also got deleted. Apparently, it stemmed from some drama from her being in a reality TV show. A popular one in Japan. She blew up at a fan favorite for ruining her wrestling gear, shrinking it. Fans of said reality show got pissed at her, told her to kill herself. She may have had to be on that show in order to get any income (other than merch sales) during the quarantine.
The wrestling gear he shrunk was her Wrestle Kingdom outfit...you know...the one that was the first woman's match featured on a NJPW card?

Her death reveals the scummy side of reality TV more than wrestling, because checking Twitter, there's an immense outpouring of wrestlers and fans genuinely upset by this. Hell, even Pewdiepie said he was upset by it.

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
The wrestling gear he shrunk was her Wrestle Kingdom outfit...you know...the one that was the first woman's match featured on a NJPW card?

Her death reveals the scummy side of reality TV more than wrestling, because checking Twitter, there's an immense outpouring of wrestlers and fans genuinely upset by this. Hell, even Pewdiepie said he was upset by it.
Yeah, I heard about that.
Here's some more context from a /wooo/ user. Seems like the incident with her wrestling gear was portrayed in a one sided manner that went totally against her. For the sake of DRAMA and getting people on a bandwagon to chit chat about the show. Another detail I heard was that she got so mad at the guy who ruined her gear that she smacked the hat off his head. Which, when you don't know how much Wrestle Kingdom means to a wrestler, it will probably just seem like "wow, what a bitch" - and again, you add in the fact that the guy she smacked was a fan favorite...you end up with a big ol' hate bandwagon.

Kairi Sane just chimed in on twitter saying she tried to get help, having seen the wrist cut images. Made some calls. It was too late.

EDIT: BBC just picked up on this story.

Attachments

• Informative
Reactions: beautiful person

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net

This really sucks. She was a major rising star at Stardom. In fact, supposedly, their plans for this year were to get Hana Kimura and Giulia firmly established as top stars. I'm kind of blanking on personal details regarding Hana. I know her mother was a wrestler, and that despite being very attractive and quirky, Hana appeared to not have much going outside of wrestling. For some people, this shitty business is all they have. I vaguely remember some doc (maybe the one Vice did on Stardom) where Hana would talk about having trouble meeting men. She would also lie about her occupation to people outside the wrestling business, iirc. Perhaps she was really introverted. Maybe depressed? Hopefully, I can get the details cleared up.

Anyways, I remember seeing /asp/ make memes about this earlier today, and I laughed, but then they posted pics of the cut wrists. And then the real news hit on twitter, and anons realized she really died. Just an awful situation all around.
First woman to wrestle in NJPW too I believe along with Iwatani, Pretty huge deal. This is a good reason why social media needs to die off.

wolfpac92

*Natural Born Killaz plays in the distance*
kiwifarms.net
I guess I'll be the heartless bastard to ask if anybody has an archive of her last tweets including the suicide photos.
1590254878510.jpg
From what I've read, 3 of those images aren't hers but one of them (the top left) is unsourced and could be hers

• Informative
Reactions: A Pox

trent

kiwifarms.net
Apparently Asuka called before she was cutting and checked in, promising to go out drinking when she was in Japan again. Apparently a few people called nut no one stopped by to check in on her until it was too late.

If you know someone's in trouble, get someone to them ASAP.
In an even more depressing development, Kairi Saine and Io Shirai apparently saw the suicidal tweets because it was the middle of the afternoon in the US vs. after midnight in Japan when they happened.

They both called other joshis that they knew lived near Hana to go check on her but they arrived too late.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Apparently Asuka called before she was cutting and checked in, promising to go out drinking when she was in Japan again. Apparently a few people called nut no one stopped by to check in on her until it was too late.

If you know someone's in trouble, get someone to them ASAP.
Hard to do that when everyone is treating the sniffles like the damn apocalypse. Some places will still try and fine you for going out. Sadly, she's not the only case of bullying there. https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...ngs-outbreaks-of-bullying-ostracism-1.4932762
It's pretty sickening.

People can complain about all of the bullying they see in Western culture, it has nothing on Asian's. Expect to see even more suicides in Japan in the coming years.

On a happier note. (Somewhat)
Cody vs Lance Hoyt I swear has Dustin's finger prints all over it. His daddy would be proud of that booking.