General Wrestling Discussion -

Dang Woodchucks!

https://youtu.be/kH6-_rix-L4
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to give Cena the benefit of the doubt on this one. Cena's concept was if they ALL have barnstormers and give Cena a run for his money, they'd all be viable threats.

Remember that road agents make the matches backstage, and Vince, seeing the next Hulk Hogan, wanted an unstoppable money machine.
You're the first person I see reach that conclusion and seeing how Cena handled walking away from the spotlight with a grace we would be hard pressed to see from older superstars, from using the US TItle to put over the likes of Sami Zayn and Cesaro, passing the torch as "the guy" to Roman (growing pains notwithstanding) to finally taking the Wrestlemania "L" against the Fiend (independent from the fact his work putting Wyatt over was then thrown into the trash immediately afterwards) I'm inclined to agree with what you say.

A lot of people seemed to conflate Cena's status as his era's Hogan with thinking he had Hogan's ego and attitude about getting himself over "cause they just ain't ready, brother", where the easier and more likely scenario was that Vince, lunatic that he is, would never put guy that are "rookies" anywhere near Cena's actual level, not even for the sake that he could have built at the least (not counting Tarver who got himself fired and Otunga who transitioned away from the ring) six main eventers. (Even if Heath and D-Young eventually would be in tag teams and not singles, but who knows if The Nexus angle had gone like Cena hoped, their careers would have changed accordingly as well.)

ETA: Yeah, his putting over of Cesaro and Sami didn't stick for long either. Again, that's on the room full of monkeys on typewriters and Vince that fail to capitalize on them.

Last edited:

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to give Cena the benefit of the doubt on this one. Cena's concept was if they ALL have barnstormers and give Cena a run for his money, they'd all be viable threats.

Remember that road agents make the matches backstage, and Vince, seeing the next Hulk Hogan, wanted an unstoppable money machine.
Road agents don't make storylines though, Arn at the time only told Barrett and the others that John was going over and how the finish was going to be. John told Vince to put him over. Neither Chris Jericho or Edge liked the idea as it would hurt Wade Barrett.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1361205
saw this on cubsfan, AAA featuring videos of making food with Nutri Deli (big AAA sponsor) lunch meat, apparently it's going to be a regular thing with rotating talent. This time a ref and Lady Shani.
looks like it's down now
if somebody desperately needs to know how to put nonunion mexican equivalent Oscar Meyer in a hollowed out pineapple I downloaded the video, but it's a hundred megs
Piero is back with more wrasslesnacks, this time he's with Dave The Clown one of the indie lucha clowns who made it big in AAA.

Attachments

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
LU was the wrasslin promotion I used to et my gf into wrestling. She was immensely disappointment when she learned SS was a huge piece of shit.
I still wonder what horrifically gruesome sex acts are even physically possible to accommodate her being that lazy and bad yet still hired.

Heckler1

Fuck you He-Man!
kiwifarms.net
I still wonder what horrifically gruesome sex acts are even physically possible to accommodate her being that lazy and bad yet still hired.
Was the thing with Rosemary just the first time people noticed her being a cuntthot? Or were there other incidets before that? I ask because I think of you as the resident Lucha guy.

Reactions: XYZpdq

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was the thing with Rosemary just the first time people noticed her being a cuntthot? Or were there other incidets before that? I ask because I think of you as the resident Lucha guy.
I recall her being generally regarded as "ehh" at best and basically refused to job under many circumstances.
But yeah her stiffing Rosemary (the one gal in the match who _didn't_ stiff Sexy Star) was where Sexy Star showed up more on the general wrassle radar.