General Wrestling Discussion -

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
Some stuff from /wooo/'s dirtsheet thread
Kelly Klein, who was essentially let go when her contract expired at the end of last year and complained about concussion protocols, complained this past week regarding Jay Lethal, and Lethal responded. Taelor Hendrix complained about Lethal in 2018, an investigation was done and nothing happened from there and he was cleared. Klein on Twitter wrote, “When J-Rocc harassed a female member of ROH’s locker room, he was told to leave and was not welcome back. Multiple women brought complaints & evidence of sexual misconduct/harassment by Jay Lethal. ROH ignored/covered it up. They only take action when convenient.
Jay Lethal's response:

Lethal responded by writing, “It has always been my choice to use silence to keep my dignity, refrain from publicly attacking people I’m not fond of, and relying on who I have been as a person to speak for itself. I’ve also never wanted to use my platform to boost or give attention to any negativity. I do however know and realize that some people will sadly take my silence to mean something else. The #speakingout movement has given me hope that the industry that I’ve chosen to give my life to will become a better place. I’ve wanted to stand in support of all those brave enough to share their painful stories. Unfortunately I was afraid to due to the lies that are being said about me. I have never and would never sexually harass, sexually assault, rape or force myself on anyone. I would never use my status to deny anyone opportunities. Even now, it pains me to know that defending myself might somehow tarnish an important movement and cast doubt on real, troubling experiences.
J-Rocc's take
J-Rocc responded to Klein’s remark saying, “Anybody who knows me knows who and what I am. I’ve made plenty of mistakes. Never ever maliciously. Lessons were learned. Professionally and personally. I would never upset or hurt anyone intentionally, and work every single day to be better than yesterday. And that continues. Easy for cyberbullies to use their clout with half-truths and agendas. One person’s `harass’ is someone else’s misunderstanding. But then again when you’re a bad human being yourself, you always assume the worst of anybody first. I made a bunch of mistakes there, but not that. And in case that wasn’t direct enough: I did not harass anyone. I did not even have an inappropriate conversation. Period. Believe what you will from there.
Seems like people are over the initial wave of #SpeakingOut stories. Also, this looks like the second time airing dirty laundry backfired on Kelly Klein. The first time was when she got concussed in 2019 and her "friend" Joey Matthews leaked a bunch of texts...the problems here were that Joey seemed like he was high as fuck when tweeting shit. Like, he tried to be cute and vague at times, but it just made his tweets hard to read. And at the start of this year, BJ Whitmer revealed that he was getting divorced from Kelly Klein, because she cheated on him. We can only assume she ran off with Joey.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Looks like NJPW is slowly solving their 'two belt' problem by taking them off someone incredibly over in Naito, putting on someone pretty much inconsequential in EVIL, and then have Takahashi say he's going after one of the two belts (most likely the IC belt). Polish it off with EVIL losing the world belt to either Okada or Naito at WK.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Looks like NJPW is slowly solving their 'two belt' problem by taking them off someone incredibly over in Naito, putting on someone pretty much inconsequential in EVIL, and then have Takahashi say he's going after one of the two belts (most likely the IC belt). Polish it off with EVIL losing the world belt to either Okada or Naito at WK.
All part of Gedo's master plan, I'm sure.

Really though, while I like EVIL and all, I'm left wondering: 1) was it really necessary for Naito to lose the world title in his first defense; and 2) they had a whole tournament where they could pick literally anyone in there to take the title, and EVIL was the one they picked? Again, nothing against EVIL, he's a decent enough tag guy and midcarder, but I never really saw him as being a main event level guy.

Granted, he's almost certainly a transitional champ, but still. Strange choice.

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net

Really though, while I like EVIL and all, I'm left wondering: 1) was it really necessary for Naito to lose the world title in his first defense; and 2) they had a whole tournament where they could pick literally anyone in there to take the title, and EVIL was the one they picked? Again, nothing against EVIL, he's a decent enough tag guy and midcarder, but I never really saw him as being a main event level guy.

Evil’s engaged to Io Shirai! If that doesn’t deserve a world title, what would?

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net

Booking it doesnt make a whole lot of sense. You have a big guy in EVIL, going through an entire tournament, beating Okada in a 30+ min match, for him to be wrestling Naito the next night, and then have him beat the champ (even with outside interference)? That's Hogan-style booking.

I would have had EVIL turn during the championship match, with Bullet Club coming down to surround the ring. EVIL turns on Naito, gets a DQ loss, then goes into a long program to hold over until WK.

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
Is the Bullet Club still a merch magnet in the West? Surely having EVIL win and with recent faction additions, they are almost sabotaging the Western appeal of the faction? Los also losing member/s isn't wise either, unless a new group is to form? It's very confusing

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Is the Bullet Club still a merch magnet in the West? Surely having EVIL win and with recent faction additions, they are almost sabotaging the Western appeal of the faction? Los also losing member/s isn't wise either, unless a new group is to form? It's very confusing
1. BC isn't driving merch and was losing ground as far as storyline. Plus...the group full of gaijin can't be a threat if they can't get into the country to begin with, can they? EVIL joining is a means to help bolster numbers and still seem like a threat until everyone can finally come back.

2. LIJ are essentially Naito, Takahashi, and maybe Shingo since he's getting a decent push. No one gives a shit about Bushi, and EVIL was going nowhere.

EDIT: I also forgot Sanada was in LIJ, but that should say a lot also about his spot on the roster.

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
1. BC isn't driving merch and was losing ground as far as storyline. Plus...the group full of gaijin can't be a threat if they can't get into the country to begin with, can they? EVIL joining is a means to help bolster numbers and still seem like a threat until everyone can finally come back.
True, the virus has caused issues with the gaijin aspect. I still think a new faction should form, purely to freshen up the scene within NJPW. It's almost predictable who joins what group

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
even more shocking than "lolwwe nerd cries about wwe, still spends money on it"
there's some lucha promotions that aren't observing safety regulations!

Reactions: MidUSA