General Wrestling Discussion -

AGreatDipAtAFairPrice

kiwifarms.net
RAW and Smackdown suck and NXT and AEW are cannibalizing each other on a 1.4/1.5 million tops audience.
Now the big thing they've got planned is Randy Orton being champ in 2020, when WWE, Impact and Ring of Honor have spent the last
6 years going down the tubes. United States wrestling is just, its so fucked. Its not even funny anymore. Under 3 million was funny.
1.4 million for hardcore matches and title matches on RAW is just, fuck. Make it stop already.
:stress:

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
RAW and Smackdown suck and NXT and AEW are cannibalizing each other on a 1.4/1.5 million tops audience.
Now the big thing they've got planned is Randy Orton being champ in 2020, when WWE, Impact and Ring of Honor have spent the last
6 years going down the tubes. United States wrestling is just, its so fucked. Its not even funny anymore. Under 3 million was funny.
1.4 million for hardcore matches and title matches on RAW is just, fuck. Make it stop already.
Just be thankful WWE hasn't shot the gun with Otis cashing in his MITB case and becoming champion. If you think WWE is a joke now, imagine a fatter, hairier version of Chris Farley as your champion.

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
I'm listening to someone's upload of the latest wrestling observer radio.
Lmao, that clip of Excalibur calling Human Tornado a "nigger" got spread on social media and now there's rumors that he got taken off AEW Dynamite's commentary this week for that reason. Meltzer only knows that Excalibur made the trip to the show, but wasn't used. Thanks to this WOR episode, I finally know who got called a nigger on that old PWG segment I posted earlier in the thread. Apparently, Human Tornado had asked to be called a nigger, too.

Kevin Owens was the second person to say "nigger" in that clip. I didn't even notice that when I first saw the clip.
Here's the clip, btw.
I found a couple of clips I was looking for. Excalibur dropping a hard n bomb and Sami Zayn's ancient "blackest man in Nebraska" gimmick. EDIT: Kevin Owens dropped the second N bomb, lol

AGreatDipAtAFairPrice

kiwifarms.net
That clip is so fucking ancient. I remember people whining about it when Kevin Steen signed to WWE and came into NXT as Kevin Owens 5 or 6 years ago at this point. That happened very soon in PWG, close to PWG's founding. That's got to be like 15 or 16 years old.

Easy Peasy

Not llama killer John "snowy" shaw
kiwifarms.net
Is anyone catching talkin shop a mania tonight? It's on fite, and only $15. It cant be worse than extreme rules was

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Is anyone catching talkin shop a mania tonight? It's on fite, and only $15. It cant be worse than extreme rules was
It was certainly entertaining, but I did expect there to be more actual wrestling on the show. Though I suppose it's a parody wrestling PPV, so the matches themselves were less important than the goofy setups and finishes to the matches. I wish it would've been longer, which probably is a good sign; much better than thinking it was too long.

Reactions: Easy Peasy

AGreatDipAtAFairPrice

kiwifarms.net
There is a huge power struggle still going on in CMLL following Paco Alonso's death. AAA is talking about making plays to buy out interested parties from CMLL or just get everybody to say fuck it and walk away somehow. That'd be wild. That's WWF buying WCW stuff.
Anybody who follows luchador wrestling well know how valid this could be? Because my understanding was AAA is the junior brother in that rivalry right now.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is a huge power struggle still going on in CMLL following Paco Alonso's death. AAA is talking about making plays to buy out interested parties from CMLL or just get everybody to say fuck it and walk away somehow. That'd be wild. That's WWF buying WCW stuff.
Anybody who follows luchador wrestling well know how valid this could be? Because my understanding was AAA is the junior brother in that rivalry right now.
lolno / 10
Cubsfan has a good rundown of the hows and whys of lolno
first - this info has MLW in the food chain
second - this info has MLW in the food chain

CMLL is basically a small subdivision of the holdings of the family. They own land including the historic Arena Mexico, and when they're not booking other stuff like boxing they run the wrasslin and the money from that is basically gravy.
Exactly what IP is owned by CMLL seems to be something of a mystery, so unless AAA has the funds to buy a real estate property that would be rivaled in value by Madison Square Garden they would probably "buy" a few trademarks, a partial claim on a tape library, and a handful of contracts.
It's certainly not _impossible_ that the family has decided that CMLL just isn't worth the trouble and wants to dump all of it, especially with coof keeping crowds out of Arena Mexico, but it would be a very drastic change from existing things.

Pentex

kiwifarms.net
I didn't watch RAW, just got clips, but WTF is this show now?

Montez Ford gets 'poisoned' before a match.

WWE puts on some weak 'RAW Underground' gimmick with 10,000 jump cuts because their guys can't throw a shoot punch, let alone a working punch.

Dolph Ziggler comes out dressed as Portland: the Person.

Sloppy. Shop.

Sloppy.jpeg

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net

WWE puts on some weak 'RAW Underground' gimmick with 10,000 jump cuts because their guys can't throw a shoot punch, let alone a working punch.

Sloppy. Shop.

View attachment 1493889
I'll quote someone on Twitter. I think it sums it all up nicely:
Its like Shane McMahon and Bruce Pritchard did a fuckton of coke and watched a couple of GCW PPVS.

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net

Sloppy. Shop.

View attachment 1493889
I'll quote someone on Twitter. I think it sums it all up nicely:
Its like Shane McMahon and Bruce Pritchard did a fuckton of coke and watched a couple of GCW PPVS.
Fuck! I thought you two were lying because I don't follow what happens in wrestling unless Jim Cornette reports on it, and well, I feel Roman Reigns reign as a WWE Champion as less painful than this mess:

• Dislike
Reactions: UnKillFill

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Fuck! I thought you two were lying because I don't follow what happens in wrestling unless Jim Cornette reports on it, and well, I feel Roman Reigns reign as a WWE Champion as less painful than this mess:
Oh god, I honestly can't wait for Cornette to tear this shit to ribbons. Raw took the best parts of Josh Barnett's Bloodsport (no ropes, KO or submission wins only) and Lucha Underground (goofy as fuck storylines thrown in with great wrestling) and somehow fucked it all up.

• Agree
Reactions: Tootsie Bear

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Shockingly enough, the Raw Underground is now making sense and fits a storyline.

Back in 2009, Shane tried to convince Vince to buy the UFC from Dana White. Shane even went so far as to try and buy it himself, cashing in $50 million in stock options and resigning from all WWE positions. A deal couldn't be reached and Vince pretty much pushed Shane out of the picture until his recent return.

Flash forward: Shane, now with a fuckton of cash still left over decides to start his own underground fight club that he could be proud of: with strippers and a ratty old ring with no ropes. THAT'LL SHOW THOSE UFC BASTARDS!

This is cannon lore gents.

Sexyphobe

kiwifarms.net
As long as AEW continues to build and maintain itself, it'll be good. Wednesday night's shows combined getting about the same viewers as Raw/Smackdown is pretty good for both of them... And very bad for Raw and Smackdown.

I'm listening to someone's upload of the latest wrestling observer radio.
Lmao, that clip of Excalibur calling Human Tornado a "nigger" got spread on social media and now there's rumors that he got taken off AEW Dynamite's commentary this week for that reason. Meltzer only knows that Excalibur made the trip to the show, but wasn't used. Thanks to this WOR episode, I finally know who got called a nigger on that old PWG segment I posted earlier in the thread. Apparently, Human Tornado had asked to be called a nigger, too.

Kevin Owens was the second person to say "nigger" in that clip. I didn't even notice that when I first saw the clip.
Here's the clip, btw.
I'll bet r/SCJ loved the news getting bigger attention.

littlearmalite

-and despair.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't believe I'm saying this but I genuinely enjoy IMPACT more than WWE now, especially now that they're possibly taking Dominik Dijakovic, the Garganos, and possibly the UE out of NXT. AEW I never enjoyed because I've just found it cartoonishly campy on its best day, but IMPACT is genuinely enjoyable to me now.

Heath Slater being a Big Deal, The MCMG being back, The North actually being on the back end of a feud for once, a pretty decent women's division, the Good Brothers... can't wait to see how Impact cocks it up this time.