General Wrestling Discussion -

Never Scored

kiwifarms.net
Bring on the disagree ratings, but I still don't understand why people in the business give Meltzer any information whatsoever, assuming he's not making stories out of whole cloth.
Because he puts over his sources hardcore and he never trashes them. When was the last time your heard Meltzer say anything bad about Heyman, who I'm pretty sure is a source, for example?

Another one is Terry Taylor. It's been an open secret that he was supplying Dave with backstage shit throughout the 1990s when he bounced back and fourth between WWF and WCW a half dozen times. Dave puts him over every time he comes up.

Just listen for the non wrestlers that Dave just gushes over every time they're mentioned. Those are his sources.

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: MidUSA

Dang Woodchucks!

PE⬇️ KO↘️ PE➡️ KO⬆️ PE⬆️ KO⬇️
kiwifarms.net
Bring on the disagree ratings, but I still don't understand why people in the business give Meltzer any information whatsoever, assuming he's not making stories out of whole cloth.
Already answered, but really people are just marks for themselves.
They are actually operating on a tight budget and running as a business. The goal is profitability and stability, and Khan has said he will say no to any unreasonable money demands in the interest of avoiding the things that have killed other promotions.

Shahd Khan only agreed to invest when he went over Tony’s business plan and saw it wasn’t going to be just an expensive hobby.
Maybe they're not sucking as much blood as the NWO guys did back in WCW, but let's not pretend Cody and the Bucks (mostly Cody, at least the Bucks aren't putting themselves over even when they lose) are only earning as "talents".

A tight budget doesn't make All Elite Wrestling any less of a money mark venture. The entertaining wrestling is just a side effect.

Sexyphobe

kiwifarms.net
Already answered, but really people are just marks for themselves.

Maybe they're not sucking as much blood as the NWO guys did back in WCW, but let's not pretend Cody and the Bucks (mostly Cody, at least the Bucks aren't putting themselves over even when they lose) are only earning as "talents".

A tight budget doesn't make All Elite Wrestling any less of a money mark venture. The entertaining wrestling is just a side effect.
Probably not considering they're EVPs, so they'd be making more while at the same time having more responsibilities. How well they're doing financially is probably good, as they signed a new deal with TNT and got the greenlight for a second telly show.

I also can't imagine anyone in the NWO agreeing to get the kind of beatdown Brodie Lee gave Cody, so that's neat.

TurdEthics

#ANALRIPS
kiwifarms.net
Someone needs to do a thread on "journalist" & podcaster David Bixenspan. He gets ripped apart on the latest Jim Cornette Experience.

So Retribution, the anarchistic group who want to tear down WWE, have signed a contract that allows them to tear down WWE, then lose their first match. The Rollins Mysterio feud is somehow still going, Andrade and Angel are back together, Zelina Vega has a title shot despite barely even wrestling over the last few years and Akira Tozawa got eaten by a shark.

We're in dying days WCW levels of bollocks here.

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
So Retribution, the anarchistic group who want to tear down WWE, have signed a contract that allows them to tear down WWE, then lose their first match. The Rollins Mysterio feud is somehow still going, Andrade and Angel are back together, Zelina Vega has a title shot despite barely even wrestling over the last few years and Akira Tozawa got eaten by a shark.

Wait a minute, a wrestler got devoured by a shark! Did WWE have a Bash at the Beach special tonight?

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
Someone needs to do a thread on "journalist" & podcaster David Bixenspan. He gets ripped apart on the latest Jim Cornette Experience.
They're both lolcows in the pro wrestling community.
I didn't even know Bix was a podcaster, but I did find this old reddit thread mocking him.

Giving Bix a thread here is giving him more attention than he deserves, at least from my perspective.

Higgins

What up, my nigga?/!!!!
kiwifarms.net

Wrestling dorks have been saying this same shit for 15 years and they keep growing and expanding.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Retribution is what happens when you let your 8 year old brother get ahold of your CAWs from 2k.

Fuck this shit.

EDIT: It's good to see 90's rapper Mase is back in the spotlight. It's all about the bemjamins baby!

Reactions: Heckler1

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
Retribution is what happens when you let your 8 year old brother get ahold of your CAWs from 2k.

Fuck this shit.
They'll be released within 2 years once the ANTIFA gimmick fails. How any of them will be able to recover from it I have no clue. Sort of stink will follow you even into the indies, especially in smark heavy areas.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Heckler1

Never Scored

kiwifarms.net
Wrestling dorks have been saying this same shit for 15 years and they keep growing and expanding.
They couldn't have predicted that so many soy-filled bugmen would prioritize watching fake fighting over having children. They have less fans, but they're making more per fan because in CURRENT YEAR 30 year-old-men spend more on Sasha Banks t-shirts and action figures than they do on groceries. Johnny Gargano is their king:

johnny-gargano-43884.jpg