General Wrestling Discussion -

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
The whole Inner Circle/Pinnacle storyline is written...weird. Typically you have the babyfaces return, get a little heat back, but not utterly trash the heel. Jericho's promo was good, a little smarky at times, but good overall. The problem was they built this out of order. It should have been Jericho getting jumped (so the heels regain heat), Tyson coming in for the save, then the promo. Jericho burying the Pinnacle verbally after burying them physically doesn't make me think Pinnacle is a threat, and doesn't make me think that the Inner Circle are going to be in any kind of danger.

If it matters, Tyson was there to bolster pop ratings and likely wasn't a booking decision as much a network decision. They announced his appearance the day prior, so there was no buildup whatsoever.
I think they're going for NWO VS. NWO Wolfpack thing, except Jerico's crew is the cooler Wolf Pack and MJF is the hasbeen NWO. The Pinnacle is about as threatening as Bray Wyatt and his crew. Sure they look threatening, they can win matches but in the grand scheme of things they're there to fill TV time. Nothing they do means anything. Even worse when they've already been buried twice. Any more and they'll be in China doing matches in OWE jobbing to Team O, Team W and Team E.

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
Jericho burying the Pinnacle verbally after burying them physically doesn't make me think Pinnacle is a threat, and doesn't make me think that the Inner Circle are going to be in any kind of danger.
The Pinnacle will be dead in a few months, the booking for the inner circle is trash, why isn't Sammy or jake in the tnt title picture? Has pride and powerful even had a tag team title shot? I can't really take inner circle as a dominant faction when the only title holder was jericho the rest had 1 major feud and regulated as henchmen.

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
The Pinnacle will be dead in a few months, the booking for the inner circle is trash, why isn't Sammy or jake in the tnt title picture? Has pride and powerful even had a tag team title shot? I can't really take inner circle as a dominant faction when the only title holder was jericho the rest had 1 major feud and regulated as henchmen.
I feels like we're stuck in a holding period, especially as Bucks have the tag titles. Sooner they lose them, the poor breathing room and life can be added to the product.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
The Pinnacle is about as threatening as Bray Wyatt and his crew. Sure they look threatening, they can win matches but in the grand scheme of things they're there to fill TV time. Nothing they do means anything. Even worse when they've already been buried twice.
It seems like these angles are just on autopilot when they could be so much more. Sammy should have been the one to one-up MJF, since it was MJF pushing Sammy out of the group. Instead we're getting Jericho Heisman-ing the story while everyone else in the Inner Circle are his goons.

I'm looking back at Jericho's promo and realizing it wasn't as good as I imagined it to be. He buries the heels, doesn't let anyone else have mic time, and the payofis is he challenges them to a match, but we don't see them accept it or, as a heel should, up the ante. "Fine, we'll accept to a blood and guts match, but if you lose Jericho will have to step down as the leader of the Inner Circle. If we lose...we'll give you Shawn Spears".

Make your fans interested in your product.

trent

kiwifarms.net
I like Kenny but the Bullet Club angle isn't working without them having access to the NJPW bits of the faction. What is in AEW at the moment is The Elite and Friends and it's very much over-promising and under-delivering.

I know Kenny is saying that his best years are numbered but they could have give him a handy run in-ring this year to let him focus on the womens division and then do a full fat Bullet Club angle as a capstone to his full time career when things open up.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Enjoyed last night's episode overall. Despite the fact that I think the Inner Circle works much better as heels than faces, I am really looking forward to War Games. Bucks turning on Mox was predictable but I am a total mark for heel factions that double cross babyfaces constantly nWo-style, so I love this shit. I don't like having too many titles, but I think they almost need a six-man title to give some of the factions they have something to do. They easily have enough factions and three-man groups to support a healthy six-man division.

Fucking lol at this though:
bucks.jpg
Imagine Hulk Hogan saying that after Bash at the Beach 1996. Jesus christ guys, get off social media if you're going to turn heel and you can't take catching shit.

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
I don't like having too many titles, but I think they almost need a six-man title to give some of the factions they have something to do. They easily have enough factions and three-man groups to support a healthy six-man division.
I loath six man titles, as you ultimately dilute your roster's mid-card in an effort to chase it. AEW can barely fit five matches a show as is. ROH, AAA and even NJPW have shown what happens to those belts in due time, they become background noise to bigger goals. Ideally they need something smaller, to give each faction a goal to determine the structure per-group.

Leader - World Title
Second in command - TNT
Tag Team - Tag Team, obviously

The lower-end guys need something too, besides aimless wins on Dark. Problem is the naming scheme for this new belt. If you go for something traditional like the "AEW United States Champion" than many fans will assume it's higher in "hierarchy" than TNT. Go for something like the "Pure" or "NEVER" title, than you are locked into a gimmick. TNT title diminishing in status wouldn't upset me, but I doubt the suits at Warner would be happy.

Last edited:

Leaf Wage Slave

kiwifarms.net
I loath six man titles, as you ultimately dilute your roster's mid-card in an effort to chase it. AEW can barely fit five matches a show as is. ROH, AAA and even NJPW have shown what happens to those belts in due time, they become background noise to bigger goals. Ideally they need something smaller, to give each faction a goal to determine the structure per-group.

Leader - World Title
Second in command - TNT

The lower-end guys need something too, besides aimless wins on Dark. Problem is the naming scheme for this new belt. If you go for something traditional like the "AEW United States Champion" than many fans will assume it's higher in "hierarchy" than TNT. Go for something like the "Pure" or "NEVER" title, than you are locked into a gimmick. TNT title diminishing in status wouldn't upset me, but I doubt the suits at Warner would be happy.
I know some of my IRL friends have brought this up, but they have the FTW Title there already - if they’re actually planning to have Brian Cage go face, they could make that their fourth title. Maybe even lean into its past/Taz’s promos and have it be the Hardcore Title equivalent.

And hey, at least the belt is already there, they wouldn’t have to shell out for a new design.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Leader - World Title
Second in command - TNT

How would you feel about a secondary tag title, like a TV tag title type of situation? If the tag titles are considered main event titles in AEW, it would make sense they have a title under them to establish a progression similar to the TNT Title/World Title, would it not?

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
I know some of my IRL friends have brought this up, but they have the FTW Title there already - if they’re actually planning to have Brian Cage go face, they could make that their fourth title. Maybe even lean into its past/Taz’s promos and have it be the Hardcore Title equivalent.

And hey, at least the belt is already there, they wouldn’t have to shell out for a new design.
Good idea! Least something to hold over AEW's lowercard until management decides the next steps for the titles.

Jr. Tag Titles would be a pretty good idea to build up some of the newer teams and give them direction/storylines.
Wouldn't that trigger the Young Bucks? Part of why they left NJPW no?

Dang Woodchucks!

It's Taz!
kiwifarms.net
Fucking lol at this though:
View attachment 2069755
Imagine Hulk Hogan saying that after Bash at the Beach 1996. Jesus christ guys, get off social media if you're going to turn heel and you can't take catching shit.
I remember when seeing a post by the Bucks like this was a shitpost/ them taking shots at some jabroni taking himself too seriously.

The marks really are in the ring, and they have executive positions and the tag titles.

Anchors-Away

kiwifarms.net
Maybe dynamite championship? But that sounds like a 24/7 title so who knows, Nj have their own intercontinental championship.
Cody and Tony are both marks for wrestling legacy/history. Do remember that Cody paid out of pocket to redesign the Intercontinental title during his "Dashing" run with the belt. However he's also got a love affair for NWA/WCW. I am sure he'd take delight in having Arn Anderson present some sort of US/North American title. Frankly Hangman Page would be a great first champion, considering the gimmick. Being the first holder of it would tide him over until he finally dethrones Omega too.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
I'd say make a Jr. Heavyweight title, but then that would only leave like....5 guys to go after the Heavyweight one.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
It seems like these angles are just on autopilot when they could be so much more. Sammy should have been the one to one-up MJF, since it was MJF pushing Sammy out of the group. Instead we're getting Jericho Heisman-ing the story while everyone else in the Inner Circle are his goons.

I'm looking back at Jericho's promo and realizing it wasn't as good as I imagined it to be. He buries the heels, doesn't let anyone else have mic time, and the payofis is he challenges them to a match, but we don't see them accept it or, as a heel should, up the ante. "Fine, we'll accept to a blood and guts match, but if you lose Jericho will have to step down as the leader of the Inner Circle. If we lose...we'll give you Shawn Spears".

Make your fans interested in your product.
I was hoping for a face turn for Sammy and he could be a Tweener. He makes for a good babyface in the indies and he seems to legit like his fans for the support they've given him.

I do agree with the Promo, good promo but everyone except Hager can cut a promo.. Let them talk. Hopefully they'll have their time to do so as we still got what? Three weeks?

I also want to know how much that door was that they broke down. The Dark Order broke a table and that was $800.