General Wrestling Discussion -

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This may have been exaggerated, but apparently Brock and Hennig were very close to busting through the plane door and getting everyone blasted out into the stratosphere.
yeah iirc that's partially out of Hogan's version, but yes, they were fucking around near the emergency, but no, that's not how emergency exits on planes work. not even brock lesnar could open an emergency door mid-flight
that said, however, big dudes smashing each other into the walls is probably not something that helps keep the plane in the air

Old Man Mario

The ladies used to call me Jumpman
kiwifarms.net
Dustin iirc was on the in-cabin microphone singing cheesy love songs to her.
Nobody likes being reminded of shit they did to try and get their baby momma back.

I know Dustin doesn't like to talk about his stint as Seven due to bad memories and drug abuse.

Could be worse, you could be married to Brandi and have your balls in her purse. All while you chase non-wrestling fame because you think you're better than your Daddy.
yeah iirc that's partially out of Hogan's version, but yes, they were fucking around near the emergency, but no, that's not how emergency exits on planes work. not even brock lesnar could open an emergency door mid-flight
that said, however, big dudes smashing each other into the walls is probably not something that helps keep the plane in the air
I'm sure it didn't help anyone's nerves. You think their slinging around the cabin caused the plane to bounce or shift? Freaky thought for me.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Nobody likes being reminded of shit they did to try and get their baby momma back.

I know Dustin doesn't like to talk about his stint as Seven due to bad memories and drug abuse.

Could be worse, you could be married to Brandi and have your balls in her purse. All while you chase non-wrestling fame because you think you're better than your Daddy.

I'm sure it didn't help anyone's nerves. You think their slinging around the cabin caused the plane to bounce or shift? Freaky thought for me.
It's Black Reign he doesn't like talking about. Mentioning it on Twitter to him is a good way to get you blocked.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ayo what the fuck?

I really thought he was signed through the fall. Well, over/under 50% chance he appears at Blood & Guts tonight?
I could be wrong, but I don't see him burning his bridges with WWE in that way. I think he does a tour where he works a big CMLL show and a big New Japan Show, maybe PWG, does some shit he wants to do like that, then does a retirement run in WWE where he puts someone he really likes over before becoming a trainer.

Then again if you told me Jericho would be in another US promotion besides WWE in 2018, I would have thought you were nuts, so who knows?

Last edited:

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Ayo what the fuck?

I really thought he was signed through the fall. Well, over/under 50% chance he appears at Blood & Guts tonight?
He want's less work since his body is just to broken to even allow his daughter on his shoulder. He also wants to make a impact outside of WWE before he retires. He can't do that with WWE. Only reason why I see him staying since he doesn't seem to care about money at all is if he think's they'll punish his wife.

Dang Woodchucks!

Ancient Geek Philosopher
kiwifarms.net
Cliff notes of the event

- Brock and Curt Hening got in a fight and Triple H, finlay and heyman had to break it up. (This resulted in Curt being fired.)

- Dustin tried to get back with His ex Terri who divorced in 1999 which Jim Ross had to step in which resulted in his inveitable release after his team up with booker T (I can see why Dustin is worried now)

-Ric Flair flashed himself and made 2 stewardess touch his crotch. (Lawsuit was filed and Settled out of court)

- Scott hall was acting inappropriate with stewardess after being pilled off his mind (resulted in his firing and lawsuit that wwe settled out of court)

- Xpac got tired of Michael Haye's shit and cut his ponytail due to burying him in meetings after jbl and hayes got into a fight.

- Kurt and Vince wrestled in the plane.
Ironically this sounds better than what WWE has aired since the last decade.
iirc the story goes that Curt was out of his gourd on substance, and was like "lol bro. hey bro. bro. bro. ur ncaa too bro. lol bro. let's go. cmon bro. cmon cmon cmon" and Brock's like "dude we're in a fucking plane" "bro bro bro bro bro bro cmon cmon cmon" and then it went roughly as well as Bob Holly's attempt to sandbag Brock
I recall that Hogan has a version where he saved the day

Dustin iirc was on the in-cabin microphone singing cheesy love songs to her.

also I recall a version on Flair that said he was STYLIN! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! AND PROFILING!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO! wearing only the robe which was totally open in the front
There was also Undertaker, who in his infinite autism, thought Kurt Angle was legit trying to attack Vince, so he jumped into the melee to save his husbando. Keep in mind, Vince initiated his roughhousing with Angle because he thought Brock and Hennig were having fun and didn't want to be left out.

EDIT: MLW Fusion Season Finale, El Jefe (whoever it is) is supposed to show up. Oh and Lio Rush defends against Myron Reed, i guess that'll be cool too.

Last edited:

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
El Jefe (whoever it is) is supposed to show up
MLW Fusion 131 - Rush_Reed 2 _ El Jefe Arrives-NbFDHC_6bw8.mp4_snapshot_57.00_[2021.05.05_20.2...png

Leaf Wage Slave

kiwifarms.net
I saw, aew has a problem hyping up new match types just so the finish end up laughable, they should've had Sammy done the bump or used different camera angles instead of making it obvious he's going to fall on foam and cardboard.
AEW haven’t gone full LolTNA with overhype and underdeliver (or worse, needlessly swerve), but the more they do shit like this the closer they get to going full LolTNA. It’s not like Sammy hasn’t taken stupid bumps before - I’m honestly surprised they haven’t made a South Park style “Oh My God, You Killed Sammy!” shirt to hawk for him.

Outside of Blood and Guts - where you could tell they were trying so hard to not call it War Games on commentary all night - you could tell they built this as a one match show. Nakazawa ate a pin, Cody wins lul (and was bleeding from his eye for some reason, idk guess it’s a Rhodes thing), Britt had a match that was shorter than her entrance...

Oh, and Max Castor was once again the highlight of the show with his pre match rap - telling the Varsity Blondes that in 10 years they’ll be on Dark Side of the Ring, and actually saying the Young Cucks on National TV.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
The Blood and Guts Match was a wild and violent spectacle and a blast to watch.
The NXT War Games matches get an A for effort, but they had to work within unfortunate restrictions that kept them from living up to the legacy of War Games. You get great athletes doing flippy spots and shit...but there's no color and the intensity was usually lacking. They also had to rely heavily on a bunch of props to make up for the lack of violence. Also, War Games needs a roof. Sorry I'm not sorry. That's how it goes. Its like calling WCW's Thunderdome the Hell in a Cell. Its not the same and you know it!

And going even further back, you had TNA"s Lethal Lockdown which had the blood and some of that intensity, and also the roof, but not the second ring, which made the entire match feel claustrophobic. Maybe it would have worked down if they had shortened it down to 6 combatants instead of 8 or 10, but hey.

So this one from AEW better fit the bill. It had the roof. It had the blood, the two rings, and the structure looked great and the entire thing was a wild and violent brawl full of that team battle goodness I loved about the old War Games matches. My favorite War Games match of all time was Sting's Army Vs. The Dangerous Alliance from WrestleWar 92. Check that one out. Its War Games at its finest.

Anyways, what I liked about these two 5 man teams is how well they even up against each other. You have the motor mouth leaders, Jericho & MJF, the tag teams, PnP & FTR, the second tier overachievers, Sammy & Spears, & the two hosses, Hager & Wardlow. That allowed all the different pairings to go up against each other in nice little side ways and showing off what everyone can do, while also keeping the overall focus on the brutality and the violence. The whole thing was alot of fun. I also liked that they gave the heels the win to keep MJF's heat going, make his group look strong, & made him look like a total dick. Sammy gets the gold star for bumping around like mad and being the heart and soul for the face team, and FTR just bring that grounded and old school NWA style goodness which is perfect for matches like this. I enjoyed the brief hoss fight between Hager and Wardlow, and MJF playing dick head always makes for good fun.

And the finish was a cool reinvention of the finish to Fall Brawl 97's War Games match where the nWo threatened to slam the cage door and Flair's head if his team didn't surrender, and then when the Horsemen surrendered to save Flair, the nWo shut the door on his head anyway. Its a great heel ending. Here, we got the similar bit but with MJF threatening to throw Jericho off the top of the cage if the Inner Circle didn't surrender, and then he did it anyway when the win was his. Great stuff.

Knocks I have with the match?
1) A couple of blown spots = There was that awkward fall from Sammy early in the match, and a weird bit with Wardlow towards the end where it seemed like he was supposed to do something different from what Hager and the rest were expecting. It was odd. Botches don't always ruin a match, and it didn't ruin this one, but they were noticeable missteps.

2) The commercial breaks seemed poorly timed = One time, we come back from break and see that the ring mat has been torn up, and then the next break, we come back and see MJF has escaped the cage and climbed to the top of the cage with Jericho in pursuit. I'm all for having story developments happen during commercial breaks to keep us on our toes, but those are pretty big moments in the match to put during the commercials.

3) This is very very minor, because I prefer safety first mindset for spots like this, but Jericho's landing was clearly a crash pad and didn't look very convincing. It wasn't as scary as Foley getting thrown off the cell or Shane's dive off the cell (BTW, JR has really gotten old. Listen to him call the Jericho fall and compare it to his King of the Ring 98 commentary for the Cell match and its almost like a different guy is calling it), but that's because those spots were remarkably unsafe with plenty of chance to have something go wrong. Again, safety first as far as I'm concerned, and I'll take that over taking unnecessary risks, but there had to be a way to make that look better, right?

EDIT: And I just read that DARIO FUCKING CUETO is coming to MLW?!?!

I haven't watched any MLW since the pandemic started, so if they are somehow working Lucha Underground into it (I loved that show BTW), then maybe I should get back into it.

beautiful person

vaccinated
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw, aew has a problem hyping up new match types just so the finish end up laughable, they should've had Sammy done the bump or used different camera angles instead of making it obvious he's going to fall on foam and cardboard.
It's like the exploding barbed wire match where the meat of the match is great, plenty of blood, but then the end is so goofy and blatantly safe that it deflates your excitement. This instance wasn't as bad, but it's seeming like Khan doesn't get/care that the audience doesn't want to be reminded that what we're watching is fake. Especially in a 'hardcore' type match where unmasked safety elements are especially jarring.

Still not lolWWE bad tho

Oh, and Max Castor was once again the highlight of the show with his pre match rap - telling the Varsity Blondes that in 10 years they’ll be on Dark Side of the Ring, and actually saying the Young Cucks on National TV.
I actively look forward to his raps. Hopefully the Acclaimed get a decent push soon.

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
I actively look forward to his raps. Hopefully the Acclaimed get a decent push soon.
Maybe soon now they just doing early thugaonmics cena where they just freestyle on preshows.

but Jericho's landing was clearly a crash pad and didn't look very convincing. It wasn't as scary as Foley getting thrown off the cell or Shane's dive off the cell
Shane did got thrown on to the ring during his match with braun at mania, they should've gotten Sammy or pnp to do the falling spot if Jericho couldn't do it or switch the angles for when he crashed.

Leaf Wage Slave

kiwifarms.net
3) This is very very minor, because I prefer safety first mindset for spots like this, but Jericho's landing was clearly a crash pad and didn't look very convincing. It wasn't as scary as Foley getting thrown off the cell or Shane's dive off the cell (BTW, JR has really gotten old. Listen to him call the Jericho fall and compare it to his King of the Ring 98 commentary for the Cell match and its almost like a different guy is calling it), but that's because those spots were remarkably unsafe with plenty of chance to have something go wrong. Again, safety first as far as I'm concerned, and I'll take that over taking unnecessary risks, but there had to be a way to make that look better, right?
I don’t think there was a good angle they could’ve filmed that one from - maybe from above, where you wouldn’t be able to see the blatant cardboard - though if they want to use that for Nuclear Heat, they could use this to transition Jericho from being an in ring talent to being a colour commentator and let JR finally retire (yes I’m a broken record at this point), saying that that fall has ended his career. Jericho’s still big enough that it could work, MJF is already the default Biggest Heel in AEW anyway, and we can get someone on commentary that remembers peoples names in matches...