General Wrestling Discussion -

Old Man Mario

The ladies used to call me Jumpman
kiwifarms.net
Zack had a PPV back in April where he got himself over and a few of his friends. This was also the last event Boulder was at and was in a No DQ match. This is probably the only way Braun will be able to stay in wrestling, make his own promotion and put himself at the top.
Matt Cardona is the heavyweight wrestling grifting champion of the world. Better buy the newest MWFP merch he has released limited to 1,500!

Old Man Mario

kiwifarms.net
But how's his BBQ sauce? I can't trust a man who can make a good BBQ sauce.
I'm sure he will have some out to the market soon if he doesn't die in a deathmatch. He says he's a ECW vet but what we should say is he is a WWECW vet. If Nick doesn't kill him the crowd will. He has real heat for being a fucking nerd. That's coming from a fellow wrestling collector as well.

Chaos Theorist

It would be spiteful To put jellyfish in a trifle
kiwifarms.net
ohnonono.png

Oh no no no wookiebros we got too cocky

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
According to WON, Omega has been badly dinged up recently and the idea of calling it a day is looking more appealing to him.

I'd say him quitting full time wrestling after the Belt Collector arc finished would be the best idea. AEW could still use him a few times a year as a big deal.
He'd still be considered one of the best in the world if he did wrestling part time and focus on video games. He has something else now to focus on so he wouldn't be one of those guys always itching to get back in. People would also care about his matches again if he was part time and not on TV almost every week.
Also
He's known Tony for several years, talks about what he wants to do for the company. A lot of it was what he's been doing for free for the WWE. Now he what's to get paid.

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
Samoa Joe is supposedly returning to nxt and he was at the PC. WWE did brought back 90% of the employees of wwe agents (angle didn't return due to his protein business and heath decline the paycut.) So alister and Joe will be returning if black doesn't accept aew's offer.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Samoa Joe is supposedly returning to nxt and he was at the PC. WWE did brought back 90% of the employees of wwe agents (angle didn't return due to his protein business and heath decline the paycut.) So alister and Joe will be returning if black doesn't accept aew's offer.
I'd rather see Tommy End back in ROH (he'd work out pretty well with the current storylines) and go to Japan. Dragonsgate needs the talent, so does All Japan. Hell maybe if All Japan can get some stars on their brand we can have a interpromotional feud again with NJPW and team up with NWA like the good ol days.

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
I mean, on one hand that sucks for him, but on the other hand at least he’s smart enough to know when to walk away. Sure, it’s Wrestling and between Funk and Flair retirement is an empty word, but I’ll give him credit for having his priorities straight.
Does he have a backup plan? The dude is 24/25, so hopefully he can go to school or something.
Benoit, and Hart kids,
Mostly had to do with Martha not wanting her kids even be involve with wrestling/david and megan were almost preteens and once the stuff start coming out they erased any mention of beniot.
and go to Japan. Dragonsgate needs the talent, so does All Japan.
I think Japan could work with his fighting style but he is seems to be story-driven wrestler (like bray) and Japan doesn't do the weekly package/promos like in America I believe.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Does he have a backup plan? The dude is 24/25, so hopefully he can go to school or something.

Mostly had to do with Martha not wanting her kids even be involve with wrestling/david and megan were almost preteens and once the stuff start coming out they erased any mention of beniot.

I think Japan could work with his fighting style but he is seems to be story-driven wrestler (like bray) and Japan doesn't do the weekly package/promos like in America I believe.
All Japan and Dragons Gate sort of do, NJPW doesn't. They prefer making making their wrestling shows seem more like professional sports. All Japan used to have a partnership with NWA back when they first started and in the early 2000's they did a interpromotional feud with NJPW so I think All Japan would be the better choice to go to promotion to promotion. Right now though they don't have any foreign wrestlers. Dragons Gate would give him more wrestlers with personality to play off of (again, no foreigners on the roster though). Would be nice if Dragons Gate USA would come back.

If he wanted to do something with his wife if she doesn't head back to WWE, TNA would be the better choice for that I think, or ROH.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
If I'm not mistaken he is working on producing a record so...no plan.

Would be nice if Dragons Gate USA would come back.
Yeah, but DGUSA was a massive money pit. Running a show costs money, pay the boys, and then on top of that pay for several Japanese talent (flights, entertainment visas, hotels, food, their payment for the show) for what is in all aspects an indie show. Gabe made no money off DGUSA, and created EVOLVE as a cost cutting measure.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
I think they could do it now if they can find some promotions to team with. Lots of people looking for jobs after all of the metoo bullshit killed off a few promotions. Just find some wrestlers in Japan willing to get visa's to work in the USA for several shows a year. Keep to the bi-weekly shows to save costs. NJPW doesn't seem to want to work with too many promotions while trying to set up shop in California and it's hurting their expansion. At least Dragons Gate should know what can and cannot succeed after failing the first time.

Lucas Silva #4903141

kiwifarms.net
Eh...schizophrenia isn't anything to really hinder a wrestling career. If you take the medication and monitor your shit, you'll be fine.

Maria being with Teddy Hart, however, probably set her back in regards to mental health. The dude is the manifestation of toxicity in human form.
I got further into the video and a familiar story popped up.
"I don't want to get medicated because it changes my personality"
Hmm.

Anyways, dirtsheets are saying Braun Strowman wants 5 figures for indie bookings. Mike Johnson says it's 20-25k dollars for a "three hour appearance," Meltzer is reporting that it's 10k per appearance.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Hmm.

Anyways, dirtsheets are saying Braun Strowman wants 5 figures for indie bookings. Mike Johnson says it's 20-25k dollars for a "three hour appearance," Meltzer is reporting that it's 10k per appearance.
I'd go with what Dave says on this one. $25k is what gets you Ric Flair (with one his HoF rings and an additional $20k for each ring). $10k seems about right.

The hour appearance thing is also pretty typical of meet-and-greet shit, meaning that he shows up, gets in the ring for a promo or two, then sits his happy ass at the merch booth for the rest of the show. The Rock and Hogan do this shit. 50k for Hogan, half a mil for Dwayne.

Heckler1

This is a good cat picture
kiwifarms.net
Thought Miro vs Uno was pretty good. It gave me an idea, that I am sure they will not do. Miro should work his way through the entire Dark Order, as a monster until finally losing the belt to John Silver. This gives time to reignite Silver after his injury and it would be cool.

Old Man Mario

kiwifarms.net
He'd still be considered one of the best in the world if he did wrestling part time and focus on video games. He has something else now to focus on so he wouldn't be one of those guys always itching to get back in. People would also care about his matches again if he was part time and not on TV almost every week.
After seeing his Japanese stuff outside of New Japan and knowing what I did about his incident at Harley Race's school, I am still baffled why anyone considers him the best in the world. I kept thinking "Oh, maybe he's just taking it easy in AEW since hes over and an EVP." I was wrong.

He talked about wanting to be out of wrestling within 5 years during an interview in either 19 or 20. I'm fine with him leaving soon. There's plenty of talent that's been being held down by the EVPs and their vanity. Cody should be out soon if he has his Hollywood dreams come true. Now, if the Bucks could get the fuck out, we might see some wrestling.

If Tony wises up and gets some booking help, they've got talent. Cut the boys who are on payroll as a favor to the EVPs and get shit where it needs to be.
Hmm.

Strowman is denying talking to anyone. We will see if he's fibbing to avoid getting laughed at over that price. Speaking of prices.
IMG_20210612_133928.jpg
Alexa Bliss mentioned on her Twitter she's sold 6 out of 10 that are available.
I'm just impressed that Nia Jax is that expensive.

Has anyone checked Natty' s price? Is it a dollar?

trent

kiwifarms.net
After seeing his Japanese stuff outside of New Japan and knowing what I did about his incident at Harley Race's school, I am still baffled why anyone considers him the best in the world. I kept thinking "Oh, maybe he's just taking it easy in AEW since hes over and an EVP." I was wrong.

You should probably stop listening to Jim Cornette because he hasn't really been relevant to wrestling since the 90s and he only criticises Omega because he is top guy in recent times and the business left Corny behind more than 2 decades ago.

I'm sure he has some interesting stories about Mantaur or whatever but the type of wrestling he likes is long dead and most guys who are working currently don't even know who he is.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Bit of a slowpoke here, but Otis Dozovic has shaved.
Ethan Ralph would be proud of his current look.
Thanks for pointing this out, I should start trying to keep up better with AAA week-to-week as they get closer to crowds again.
Is anybody keeping up with the Marvel Lucha thing to track the character, the wrestlers using the gimmick, and the corresponding Marvel character?
I miss the AAA Twitch English team. Adrian and the other guy, I think they're the Mas Lucha guys?