General Wrestling Discussion -

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

Leaf Wage Slave

kiwifarms.net
FINALLY, Archer got a Big Win. Considering next week he’s already scheduled to defend that title against one of Meng’s kids (the one that isn’t in G.o.D, still in the shambling bloated corpse of the Bullet Club, his name escapes me), I’m already just going to assume he’s going to be a transitional champion and NJPW wants their belt back, but until then I’m just going to be happy a guy I like actually managed to win a title.

Last edited:

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
FINALLY, Archer got a Big Win. Considering next week he’s already scheduled to defend that title against one of Meng’s kids (the one that isn’t in G.o.D, still in the shambling bloated corpse of the Bullet Club, his name escapes me), I’m already just going to assume he’s going to be a transitional champion and NJPW wants their belt back, but until then I’m just going to be happy a guy I like actually managed to win a title.
They could've gotten their title back when nagata came over.

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
Would have been nice if Punk showed up in another company without damaging his brand.

But he participated in what can best be described as an ill advised MMA run, in which he got humiliated.

Then he went back to WWE by being a commentator on a C-tier magazine show that got cancelled. Yeah he can say he technically worked for Fox, but get real. His first wrestling appearance after leaving wrestling and scorching the bridge with WWE was on a WWE program. It really cut into the "rebel" image he had carved for himself.

If AEW got him, they'd score a buyrate with it, sure, but his image has been tarnished and its not going to be the game changer that people want.

Also, Punk is kind of a prick, so have fun dealing with that.

Ironically, the best way he could redeem himself would be in WWE.

Cena's current beef with Roman turns out to be a build-up for Cena FINALLY going heel and becoming Romans' partner in crime (perhaps even repeating the fingerpoke of doom where Cena lays down for Roman and Roman pins him with a finger) and then shitting on the crowd and basically going full mega heel for a week or two.... at which point Cult of Personality hits and Punk comes out and beats Cena up as Roman flees like a coward.

Punk then gives a mea culpa about his fall from grace and how he came back to redeem himself and finish the two things he left unresolved: ending John Cena (who won his feud against Punk) and ending Roman Reigns (who Punk blames for unleashing upon the WWE via Paul Heyman).

Punk beats Cena and sends Cena packing once and for all and then goes after Roman, who forces Punk to run a gauntlet before losing the belt to Punk at the 2022 Wrestlemania main event. Then give him a six-eight month title reign and then have him put over/lose the belt to Lashley to reunify the belts

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Daniel Bryan has signed with AEW.

EDIT: Not basing this off the bodyslam.net report that @blablabla posted, this is off of a few people I've worked with in the Florida and Georgia area with connections to WWE. Word out of there is that upper management are pissed because they couldn't negotiate the deal.

Double Edit: AEW also just opened up two more seating sections for Dynamite in Chicago. Seats are in a decent spot on the arena map, so it's more an indication that they're moving tickets.

Last edited:

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net

EDIT: Not basing this off the bodyslam.net report that @blablabla posted, this is off of a few people I've worked with in the Florida and Georgia area with connections to WWE. Word out of there is that upper management are pissed because they couldn't negotiate the deal.

Double Edit: AEW also just opened up two more seating sections for Dynamite in Chicago. Seats are in a decent spot on the arena map, so it's more an indication that they're moving tickets.
He's said to live quite frugally so I guess it all came down to working in New Japan, and with the pandemic as it is, the closest thing he can manage is work in a company that can fly their talent in every so often...and who knows how long that can go on. He'll probably be back in WWE in a couple of years.

Let's just hope he doesn't revert back to his indy style and become like Angle in TNA, less dates or not. He's already said he's had some problems picking up his daughter when playing so he should be careful.

Last edited:

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net

Good deal! Daniel Bryan is a great talent with a big personality who can easily work with AEW's current wrestlers. All AEW needs to do is sign CM Punk and Vince will have a heart attack!

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
He's said to live quite frugally so I guess it all came down to working in New Japan, and with the pandemic as it is, the closest thing he can manage is work in a company that can fly their talent in every so often...and who knows how long that can go on.
He signed on specifically to wrestle fewer matches and to work some Japan dates. Given that he wrestled only 19 matches this year and 38 last year, I'd say he's going to work a Brock Lesnar schedule. Do a couple Dynamite episodes, then fuck off to NJPW or NOAH for a couple shows.

He'll probably be back in WWE in a couple of years.
Given he's already 40 and broken down physically, doubtful.

A shorter schedule also means he's likely going to be hotshot for a belt. Wonderful. Meanwhile Christian Cage is there for less than 6 months and has been steady dumped into the midcard. Same with Andrade.

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
Given he's already 40 and broken down physically, doubtful.

A shorter schedule also means he's likely going to be hotshot for a belt. Wonderful. Meanwhile Christian Cage is there for less than 6 months and has been steady dumped into the midcard. Same with Andrade.
Oh, not as a wrestler. As a producer, which is something he's talked about. He's already got experience working on the Smackdown creative team.

Plus Laurenitis is his stepfather in law XD

Yeah....AEW is gonna have to prepare for the inevitability of spring cleaning and the reeeing online to make room for all these signings. Sure, their shows are selling out now, but they've spent a lot on big contracts this year plus being in the red for the videogame costs and announced they'd do a UK tour, which has its own set of problems during this time. Of course, it'll be the quieter 'we chose not to renew their contract' rather than 'we wish them the best in their future endeavors'...

Last edited:

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
Oh, not as a wrestler. As a producer, which is something he's talked about. He's already got experience working on the Smackdown creative team.

Plus Laurenitis is his stepfather in law XD

Yeah....AEW is gonna have to prepare for the inevitability of spring cleaning and the reeeing online to make room for all these signings. Sure, their shows are selling out now, but they've spent a lot on big contracts this year plus being in the red for the videogame costs and announced they'd do a UK tour, which has its own set of problems during this time. Of course, it'll be the quieter 'we chose not to renew their contract' rather than 'we wish them the best in their future endeavors'...
Which, from a business perspective, is absolute lunacy. You hit your downside guarantee and I don't have any obligations to you past me being a nice guy and allowing you on TV. Its like any other workplace: if you're not actively engaged in work when you're at work, go the fuck home. Otherwise you're eating up my bottom line and you're a liability to those who are working.

Hell, if Tony doesn't know how to properly fire someone I'll do it. Marko Stunt and Joey Janella, you hit your downside last month, right? Cool. Get the fuck out and don't take any salmon from catering when you go. That's for the real wrestlers.

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
Which, from a business perspective, is absolute lunacy. You hit your downside guarantee and I don't have any obligations to you past me being a nice guy and allowing you on TV. Its like any other workplace: if you're not actively engaged in work when you're at work, go the fuck home. Otherwise you're eating up my bottom line and you're a liability to those who are working.

Hell, if Tony doesn't know how to properly fire someone I'll do it. Marko Stunt and Joey Janella, you hit your downside last month, right? Cool. Get the fuck out and don't take any salmon from catering when you go. That's for the real wrestlers.
Consider poor Christian: Tony made a huge deal about his signing and that he was his favorite wrestler growing up...and now he's an afterthought once newer toys were available.