Generation Z - Is there something different about this generation?

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
Considering this is my own demographic after all, I noticed that they aren't really as SJWy as Millenials. There's even reports suggesting that they think "more Conservative" than Millenials. On the other hand, they're also more "glued" to mobile devices. What's up on your guys' minds?
Edit: There's also the study that Gen Zs are less likely to get into risky behavior and are more financial aware.

Last edited:

StraightShooter

Short, sweet, and to the point
kiwifarms.net
Well they've grown up in the era of social media and web 2.0, where there are far more options for news and information than there were in the millennial generation where most mainstream media is either liberal-leaning, or at least 'pro-establishment' (which includes Fox and most talk radio).

So it wouldn't surprise me if there's a more diversity of views, and less of a hivemind.

For what it's worth, I'd say the 'militant' social justice warriors really don't comprise a significant percentage of millenials, and don't have much real pretense outside of fringe public campus classes or social media such as Twitter

Unfortunately the MSM which leans progressive tends to give them an illusion of relevance which they don't have in real life; and I think in most day-to-day social situations, identifying as a SJW is about as cool as identifying as the Southern Baptist kid who wears a purity ring and spends his spring breaks at Jesus Camp.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately the MSM which leans progressive tends to give them an illusion of relevance which they don't have in real life; and I think in most day-to-day social situations, identifying as a SJW is about as cool as identifying as the Southern Baptist kid who wears a purity ring and spends his spring breaks at Jesus Camp.
Remember also that our media has all devolved to the level of Maury Povich, Jerry Springer, and Morton Downey, Jr., if anyone still remembers him. A bunch of speds screeching autistically at each other just gets more eyes than actual news, so they're given unwarranted prominence, which feeds their pre-existing unwarranted self-importance.

If the zeds are less SJW-y than their forebears, it's probably because SJWs are annoying as fuck and nobody likes them who isn't one.

StraightShooter

Short, sweet, and to the point
kiwifarms.net
Remember also that our media has all devolved to the level of Maury Povich, Jerry Springer, and Morton Downey, Jr., if anyone still remembers him. A bunch of speds screeching autistically at each other just gets more eyes than actual news, so they're given unwarranted prominence, which feeds their pre-existing unwarranted self-importance.

If the zeds are less SJW-y than their forebears, it's probably because SJWs are annoying as fuck and nobody likes them who isn't one.
True, and for that matter, most of the actual news is pretty much just the equivalent of Maury Povich, the saddest part is that Americans who get most of their information from the news actually think they're informed just because they here bits and pieces about the rest of the world, when they're actually a laughing stock who have about as much knowledge about anything as a weeboo who gets all his knowledge from bad anime has about actual Japanese culture.

Thing is though, I think that TV news and entertainment is falling out of style among the newer generation, and they're being immersed more in the internet and alternative media which provides a higher diversity of views. At the same time though they're growing up in an ADHD generation where texting is replacing actual communication.

I think that Gen Z has potential, in fact I think Baby Boomers are the worst generation, and the worst aspects of millenials are simply those they inherited from their selfish, spoiled baby boomer parents; in fact the entire SJW movement is just the result of aging baby boomers who never emotionally developed past their "hippie" phase trying to spread their nonsense to the next generation. Pretty much every person I've known who was a straight up worthless scumbag was either a baby boomer, or had a parent who was a baby boomer Maury Povich trash.

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
While it's encouraging to think that Generation Z might be conservative, I've heard people say that it's only because of Muslims having a bunch of kids who are socially conservative but will still vote Democrat *sigh*
Muslims still don't make up a statistically significant amount of the population in the USA to swing generational politics like that, even if they're having kids at a 5 to 1 ratio to non-Muslims. The fact that the establishment during their teenage years is left-wing PC dogma is more likely driving it, for the same reason that Christian Democrats and the Evangelical Right clutching pearls throughout the 80's-2000's made Millennials so liberal.

Plus, Generation Z is the first generation born entirely after the internet, and nothing is more irreverent and anti-PC than internet culture.

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Generation Z are born typically between the early 1990s (about 94) with a rough cut off date likely to be 2015.

Millenials and Z's overlap slightly due to the rapid adoption of technology by the latter while the former are still not as open to having tech every second of the day.

Gen Zees are more conservative leaning, and financially risk adverse as noted. They drink less, they have less unprotected sex, lower teenage pregnancy rates etc etc. This is in stark contrast to the overlapping "millenial" generation in which all these stats were shockingly high.

A thing to note with humanity is always "cycles" the preceding Georgians were bawdy drunken louts shagging everything, taking just about anything wether it would outright kill you instantly or not. They were succeeded by the Victorians, who were incredibly austere and diligent in comparison.

Signs are that "Alpha Generation" (who are again, overlapping with Zees right now) are even more diligent and insanely self disciplined.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I disagree. I think the fact they're native to the Internet is promising. They're much more self-aware than the dipshit millennials who have been drooling up the Internet with their stupidity lately.

The kids are alright.

I reference other Who songs about generations, but I have a better feeling about this one than about any generation other than my own. And this is my opinion about my own.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
If Gen Z is actually as well off as you guys claim, there MIGHT be some hope for humanity after all.
Well for one thing, I noticed an increasing amount of my peers mocking the whole SJWs. It doesn't mean all of them are out of that "progressive" shell, but it does indicate a distaste for feelings over facts.

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Considering this is my own demographic after all, I noticed that they aren't really as SJWy as Millenials. There's even reports suggesting that they think "more Conservative" than Millenials. On the other hand, they're also more "glued" to mobile devices. What's up on your guys' minds?
Edit: There's also the study that Gen Zs are less likely to get into risky behavior and are more financial aware.
A lot of these people were born in the early 2000s and still know nothing about politics except that conservatives are evil and racist. This generation is not full on SJW, but I would argue that it's because a lot (not all) of them are addicted to watching reaction videos on youtube and playing Black Ops.
I think that each generation has its own dumb, liberal, rage against the nazis phase.

feedtheoctopus

kiwifarms.net
A lot of these people were born in the early 2000s and still know nothing about politics except that conservatives are evil and racist. This generation is not full on SJW, but I would argue that it's because a lot (not all) of them are addicted to watching reaction videos on youtube and playing Black Ops.
I think that each generation has its own dumb, liberal, rage against the nazis phase.
Making blanket statements about the politics of people who are literally children is stupid.

Let me put it this way, 18 years ago in a public school my teachers decided to do an "election" with their students. George Bush won that "election" by a margin of over 90%. Bushy was real popular with the kids right? No. What actually happened is that a bunch of 10 year olds have no fucking clue what they're talking about and they "voted" for whoever was on the news the most or who their parents liked.

When these kids get older things are going to change a lot. Well, assuming they get off the fucking internet anyway. Which they should.

Sergeant Politeness

Pitiful, laughable, once again silent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well for one thing, I noticed an increasing amount of my peers mocking the whole SJWs. It doesn't mean all of them are out of that "progressive" shell, but it does indicate a distaste for feelings over facts.
I wonder if this is just them drawing lines in the sand, though. I see a lot of "skeptic" channels lately that only exist to (badly) mock special snowflakes. They don't actually seem interested in looking at data or studies or anything, they just see a feminist and go "lol fucking cow kill yourself kek".

Anti-feminism is hot shit right now. I could just be talking out of my ass, I dunno, but are the kids really doing it because of free thought prevailing throughout the land, or is it just because everyone else is getting in on it?

Steve Mayers

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if this is just them drawing lines in the sand, though. I see a lot of "skeptic" channels lately that only exist to (badly) mock special snowflakes. They don't actually seem interested in looking at data or studies or anything, they just see a feminist and go "lol fucking cow kill yourself kek".

Anti-feminism is hot shit right now. I could just be talking out of my ass, I dunno, but are the kids really doing it because of free thought prevailing throughout the land, or is it just because everyone else is getting in on it?
Teenagers will do whatever makes them feel edgy. These days being anti-feminist and such is viewed as edgy.

Syaoran Li

Totally Radical Dude
kiwifarms.net
Power-Level Alert: I am a Millennial myself, born in the early 1990's, and I personally cannot stand most Millennials due to both the SJW's and the fact that we're the first generation fully immersed in internet culture while also being the last generation to grow up without widespread internet or internet culture, so we are addicted to technology.

Gen Z (or the Homelanders, as I have heard some people refer to them as) are also immersed in technology having grown up in the technology their entire lives. But unlike Millennials, they're a lot more skeptical and less hive-minded or entitled. Many of the older members of Gen Z are more conservative and financially more sound of mind, and part of this is probably a reaction to the excesses of the Millennials (and by the fact that the Boomers royally fucked over the US economy and are part of the reason why Millennials are so fucked up).

If the generation that won World War II was the Greatest Generation, then Boomers are the worst generation (though their music was good) and Millennials are the result of the Boomers' awfulness. Gen X is fairly decent though, they're more individualistic than Millennials as a rule, but nowhere near as self-centered as the typical Baby Boomer.

But the new generation of Gen Z gives me hope that the excesses of the Boomers and Millennials may be corrected or at least halted from getting worse.

As for when Gen Z begins, I'd say the start date would be around 1998-2001, with 2000 being the most commonly used start date. I don't know when the cutoff would be as many Gen Z kids are just now entering adulthood or are still teenagers.

As a general rule, these are the guidelines I use for the generations.

Baby Boomers: 1945-1963

Generation X: 1964-1984

Millennials: 1985-2000 at the absolute latest

Gen Z/Homelanders: 1998 at the earliest to 2008 at the latest

Last edited:

xenomorph

I've got more demons where that came from.
kiwifarms.net
Im Gen X, we dont care about anything, lol

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino