Generation Z - Is there something different about this generation?

xenomorph

I've got more demons where that came from.
kiwifarms.net
I am just glad I grew up with good TV and video games and knew what the world was like before the internet, played outside with friends and used my imagination. I find it sad kids coming up today are indoctrinated into the internet fairly early on, kids with Facebooks and Instagrams when they arent old enough to drive. A peer of mine bought her 3 year old child an ipad. Why? What in the fuck does a child that small need with a 600 buck piece of equipment?
Let the kid play and learn basic skills and use their imaginations.. its sad when they make them use shit like that so young.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
I am just glad I grew up with good TV and video games and knew what the world was like before the internet, played outside with friends and used my imagination. I find it sad kids coming up today are indoctrinated into the internet fairly early on, kids with Facebooks and Instagrams when they arent old enough to drive. A peer of mine bought her 3 year old child an ipad. Why? What in the fuck does a child that small need with a 600 buck piece of equipment?
Let the kid play and learn basic skills and use their imaginations.. its sad when they make them use shit like that so young.
I still fondly remember my favorite pieces of sticks when I was like 7. At one moment, the stick was a dragon. A few seconds later, it became a lazer sword. Fun times. Sorry for the pure, unbribled :autism:

xenomorph

kiwifarms.net
I still fondly remember my favorite pieces of sticks when I was like 7. At one moment, the stick was a dragon. A few seconds later, it became a lazer sword. Fun times. Sorry for the pure, unbribled :autism:
I think most of us did that, you could turn anything into a damn toy if you wanted to. Now kids get very bored, very fast.

_____

average internet faggot
kiwifarms.net
Hasn't there always been the "GOD DAMN KIDS RUINING THE WORLD" mentality? People endlessly go at it, but at the end of the day this set of kids is probably not going to be better nor worse than those that came before them. I mean, it at least appears to be that way, but who knows?

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From what I see it's often more for the parents so they can get some peace in the same way 90's parents used TV and video games to babysit their kids.

xenomorph

kiwifarms.net
From what I see it's often more for the parents so they can get some peace in the same way 90's parents used TV and video games to babysit their kids.
Yeah, I agree with you. Hell PBS was a saving grace to a lot of parents back in the day. But, with the internet and the exposure to other people so young, I mean what does a 9 year old need with social media (and a lot of them have it, sadly) do for them besides lure pedos and stir up shit?

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I agree with you. Hell PBS was a saving grace to a lot of parents back in the day. But, with the internet and the exposure to other people so young, I mean what does a 9 year old need with social media (and a lot of them have it, sadly) do for them besides lure pedos and stir up shit?
Peer pressure from fellow kids to get on social media?

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
Friend of mines kid, taking selfies with duckface and her Mother sees nothing wrong with it. Kid is like 8. Either people are way too naive about the internet or they just dont care so long as the kid is quiet.
Speaking of kids using social media, I remember at middle school where some girl was bawling over a teacher taking her smartphone away from her. The teacher responded, "You're acting like a kid! Grow up!"

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel like every other generation is shit recently
Silent generation = cool
Baby boomers = shit
Gen X = generally cool
Millenials = shit
Gen Z = theoretically cool?
Of course that is a ridiculously microscopic view of the history of humanity and I'm not sure how solid the concept of generations really is.
Idk I'm optimistic but I don't know many kids/gen z, the ones I do know are more obsessed with vidya than social media stuff. Which isn't too different from my generation.

Gym Leader Elesa

The Luna Liege Lord
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Millenials were better than most generations. When you really work it down, they were less snotty and entitled, there was just a bigger spotlight to shine on the ones that were. I'm definitely glad they replaced whatever the fuck you call the actual 90's kids, I mean the ones who came of age in the nineties. Not the weird millenials who wanted to be them for some reason.

Assuming it does go in a cycle, we can probably assume then that Gen-Z will be shit but best of luck to them, anyway.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino