Generation Z - Is there something different about this generation?

Xenomorph

I'm back, FUCKERS!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am just glad I grew up with good TV and video games and knew what the world was like before the internet, played outside with friends and used my imagination. I find it sad kids coming up today are indoctrinated into the internet fairly early on, kids with Facebooks and Instagrams when they arent old enough to drive. A peer of mine bought her 3 year old child an ipad. Why? What in the fuck does a child that small need with a 600 buck piece of equipment?
Let the kid play and learn basic skills and use their imaginations.. its sad when they make them use shit like that so young.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
I am just glad I grew up with good TV and video games and knew what the world was like before the internet, played outside with friends and used my imagination. I find it sad kids coming up today are indoctrinated into the internet fairly early on, kids with Facebooks and Instagrams when they arent old enough to drive. A peer of mine bought her 3 year old child an ipad. Why? What in the fuck does a child that small need with a 600 buck piece of equipment?
Let the kid play and learn basic skills and use their imaginations.. its sad when they make them use shit like that so young.
I still fondly remember my favorite pieces of sticks when I was like 7. At one moment, the stick was a dragon. A few seconds later, it became a lazer sword. Fun times. Sorry for the pure, unbribled :autism:

Xenomorph

I'm back, FUCKERS!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still fondly remember my favorite pieces of sticks when I was like 7. At one moment, the stick was a dragon. A few seconds later, it became a lazer sword. Fun times. Sorry for the pure, unbribled :autism:
I think most of us did that, you could turn anything into a damn toy if you wanted to. Now kids get very bored, very fast.

_____

average internet faggot
kiwifarms.net
Hasn't there always been the "GOD DAMN KIDS RUINING THE WORLD" mentality? People endlessly go at it, but at the end of the day this set of kids is probably not going to be better nor worse than those that came before them. I mean, it at least appears to be that way, but who knows?

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From what I see it's often more for the parents so they can get some peace in the same way 90's parents used TV and video games to babysit their kids.

Xenomorph

I'm back, FUCKERS!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From what I see it's often more for the parents so they can get some peace in the same way 90's parents used TV and video games to babysit their kids.
Yeah, I agree with you. Hell PBS was a saving grace to a lot of parents back in the day. But, with the internet and the exposure to other people so young, I mean what does a 9 year old need with social media (and a lot of them have it, sadly) do for them besides lure pedos and stir up shit?

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I agree with you. Hell PBS was a saving grace to a lot of parents back in the day. But, with the internet and the exposure to other people so young, I mean what does a 9 year old need with social media (and a lot of them have it, sadly) do for them besides lure pedos and stir up shit?
Peer pressure from fellow kids to get on social media?

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
Friend of mines kid, taking selfies with duckface and her Mother sees nothing wrong with it. Kid is like 8. Either people are way too naive about the internet or they just dont care so long as the kid is quiet.
Speaking of kids using social media, I remember at middle school where some girl was bawling over a teacher taking her smartphone away from her. The teacher responded, "You're acting like a kid! Grow up!"

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel like every other generation is shit recently
Silent generation = cool
Baby boomers = shit
Gen X = generally cool
Millenials = shit
Gen Z = theoretically cool?
Of course that is a ridiculously microscopic view of the history of humanity and I'm not sure how solid the concept of generations really is.
Idk I'm optimistic but I don't know many kids/gen z, the ones I do know are more obsessed with vidya than social media stuff. Which isn't too different from my generation.