Generation Z - Is there something different about this generation?

Trilby

Hello kiwi lovers!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of people I know my age are far more technology accepting and novelty accepting than older people that I know, so that assessment is fairly accurate.
Like my dad who keeps asking me to help pay his bills online because he can't figure it out (he's in his 70's so that is understandable).

• Agree
Reactions: Jack Haywood

Steve Mayers

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
kiwifarms.net
millennials were raised with the (fake) idea of the American dream that Boomers enjoyed and hit the reality wall way to hard. Gen Z have seen that crash since day one and is planing for a better future earlier. so maybe there is hope.
Gen Z will likely live with family through much of young adulthood if housing costs continue to be unaffordable for people on starter salaries in many cities. In my city in some neighborhoods the cost of a basic one bedroom apartment as doubled in some neighborhoods. If housing costs continue to raise home ownership maybe nothing but a dream for Gen Z. Multi-generational housing is the norm for most of the world and America is an exception to the norm of young adults living separate from family.

lordoftheflies

I eat shit
kiwifarms.net
Gen Z will likely live with family through much of young adulthood if housing costs continue to be unaffordable for people on starter salaries in many cities. In my city in some neighborhoods the cost of a basic one bedroom apartment as doubled in some neighborhoods. If housing costs continue to raise home ownership maybe nothing but a dream for Gen Z. Multi-generational housing is the norm for most of the world and America is an exception to the norm of young adults living separate from family.
that is likely to be the outcome, my own father left home at 17 making a good salary at an airport, on the other I still live with my whole family, sure could leave alone on a 1-1 but will cost me more than half my month payment just on fucking RENT, not even a mortgage, RENT that accumulates to a whooping nothing for the future.
even high urban areas with booming expansion you would expect the increase in offer would drive prices down, but after the 2006 fiasco, bank are a bitch now to help you finance a home

Steve Mayers

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
kiwifarms.net
that is likely to be the outcome, my own father left home at 17 making a good salary at an airport, on the other I still live with my whole family, sure could leave alone on a 1-1 but will cost me more than half my month payment just on fucking RENT, not even a mortgage, RENT that accumulates to a whooping nothing for the future.
even high urban areas with booming expansion you would expect the increase in offer would drive prices down, but after the 2006 fiasco, bank are a bitch now to help you finance a home
Not to mention in many cities the trend for new housing/apartments is targeted at the high end. Lots of new high end apartments are being build in my city but nothing for the middle/lower class. In coastal cities gentrification has reached the point where you have to make close to $100k a year to "afford" housing.

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not to mention in many cities the trend for new housing/apartments is targeted at the high end. Lots of new high end apartments are being build in my city but nothing for the middle/lower class. In coastal cities gentrification has reached the point where you have to make close to $100k a year to "afford" housing.
The cheapest I can find is €150k for small apartments, like seriously 2-3 rooms (including the living room). Have fun saving up money for five years to be able to afford that shit even with a mortgage.

I have a friend who claims that instead of threatening to beat each other up, Gen Z boys intimidate each other by sending pictures of their dicks to each other.

Is this true?

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
I think a lot of this thread is making this way too complicated. Every kid loves to ask "why" to pretty much everything. When your answer to "why" is always "OMG FUCK YOU EBIL RACIST," kids are likely going to look for answers in other places.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
Dunno, I'm strangely optimistic about this next generation. Sure you have the Jake Paul fans but overall they seem to be frugal, modest, tolerant (while still also happy to laugh at exceptional people on youtube) and chaste.

The current housing crisis is that nobody wants the Boomer generations Mcmansions. They were shoddily made and gaudy even at the times of their constuction and require an enormous amount of maintenance that nobody wants to deal with. Boomers and millennial are fighting over the same small affordable housing and cities are raising taxes (via insane fines) to maintain abandoned infrastructure and growing social expenditure that is likely unsustainable.

The age old tradition of kicking the kids out at 18 will likely disappear and we'll probably see the US economy suffer as less ambitious people aren't forced to get off their ass and do something genius. The insufferable nature of the millenials may drive GenZ out but only time will tell.

I can't say I see this as a bad thing. The Boomer generations autistic Jihad has ended with mass divorce, horrible nursing homes and suicide via cruises.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

betterbullocks

Clifford is a kaiju
kiwifarms.net
Gen Z will dodge many of the mistakes made by all prior generations, more than usual "learning from history," but suicide will fucking skyrocket. I'm calling it right now. What we see now is gonna look like child's play compared to mass suicides in the future, chains even. Rather than getting yellow fever and spreading it to your family, Gen Z will spread their suicides to the immediate surrounding. We aren't even close to the exponential uptick.

Also, you know the old stereotype about Russians and Vodka? That'll be America and opioids (already kind of is).

Syaoran Li

Totally Radical Dude
kiwifarms.net
Gen Z will dodge many of the mistakes made by all prior generations, more than usual "learning from history," but suicide will fucking skyrocket. I'm calling it right now. What we see now is gonna look like child's play compared to mass suicides in the future, chains even. Rather than getting yellow fever and spreading it to your family, Gen Z will spread their suicides to the immediate surrounding. We aren't even close to the exponential uptick.

Also, you know the old stereotype about Russians and Vodka? That'll be America and opioids (already kind of is).
Eh, I think you're kind of right about skyrocketing suicide rates but I don't think that will be a Gen Z thing, but rather it will happen to the Millennials once they start entering their late 30's, 40's, and early 50's. The Millennials will grow old and disillusioned and many will commit suicide. If anything, the 2010's opioid crisis could be an early warning sign of what's in store for the Millennial generation.

Chances are that the bulk of the Millennial suicide statistic in the 2020's and 2030's will be from former SJW's and other burnouts of a similar demographic (regretful transtrenders and dangerhairs who aged into being depressed cat ladies) with the non-SJW Millennial suicides being either incels or the more "typical" profile of those afflicted with certain forms of mental illness (bipolar disorder, clinical depression, etc.)

In many ways, Millennials in the 2010's are a lot like how the Boomers were in the 1960's and 1970's, but without the strong post-WWII economy that the Boomers inherited.

The Boomer-driven New Left of the 60's and 70's died out when it became overburdened with extremism and many of its adherents growing up and becoming cynical and disillusioned by the beginning of the 1980's. The result was that so many of these Boomers abandoned leftism, either by going neoliberal or defecting to the Religious Right/Neocons in the 80's and early 90's. Hippie to Yuppie, Greed is Good, and all that jazz.

That was the result of the unique economic conditions of the 80's and 90's, which are long gone.

The Great Recession has been over for nearly a decade but it fucked over too many Millennials, both financially and psychologically, leading to the SJW zeitgeist, lower rates of sex and pregnancy, and more rates of living at home.

If anything, Gen Z won't make as many mistakes as the Millennials because not only will they have learned from the mistakes of the past generations, but it's very likely that the Millennial population will be greatly reduced due to higher suicide rates in the near future, along with current health crises such as the opioid epidemic and high rates of obesity.

The main reason why the Boomers did so much damage was because they were both large in number and long-lived. Gen X couldn't compete due to lack of manpower and the Boomers retiring later than every other generation before them (and having higher average incomes as well) so neither Generation X nor the Millennials could get a proper foot in the door in terms of economic and political power.

Gen X was able to recover somewhat when they reached middle age, but again they are outnumbered by both the Baby Boomers and the Millennials.

While the Millennials currently outnumber every other generation right now, they aren't having nearly as many children as either the Boomers or Gen X (in fact, most Gen Z kids have Gen X parents) and they don't have as much spending power as the Boomers did at the same age and while they have more education, most of them have degrees that are worthless, especially in the case of SJW Millennials.

The Boomers have a lot of disproportionate sociopolitical and cultural influence for their age, but I doubt the Millennials will get that chance.

TL;DR-Gen Z will be able to unfuck the current situation because the Boomers will be dead from old age and most of the Millennial SJW's will be dead by their own hand (either from suicide or drug abuse)

SmallTalk201

kiwifarms.net
Eh, I think you're kind of right about skyrocketing suicide rates but I don't think that will be a Gen Z thing, but rather it will happen to the Millennials once they start entering their late 30's, 40's, and early 50's. The Millennials will grow old and disillusioned and many will commit suicide. If anything, the 2010's opioid crisis could be an early warning sign of what's in store for the Millennial generation.

Chances are that the bulk of the Millennial suicide statistic in the 2020's and 2030's will be from former SJW's and other burnouts of a similar demographic (regretful transtrenders and dangerhairs who aged into being depressed cat ladies) with the non-SJW Millennial suicides being either incels or the more "typical" profile of those afflicted with certain forms of mental illness (bipolar disorder, clinical depression, etc.)
More likely due to having no savings, choosing unprofitable career paths and their neurotic tendencies finally blooming into full helter skelter rock bottom oh sh it mode or disillusionment due to realizing "follow your dreams" was a load of crap.

One reasons millennial are a mess is because they are unlearning a bunch of feel good crap pumped into their heads when they were kids. Each disaster they face as they grow older is an result of this unlearning process. Previous generations didn't have this problem cause the hard knocks of life were beat into them early on. The world war two generation is a great example of this. Those folks had no time to nurse delusions

Last edited:

Autocrat

Xenofascist
kiwifarms.net
I'd assume Gen Z is much more liberal. Look at the parkland kids. Across the country, highschoolers protested by skipping class for the walk of life or whatever that protest was called.

These are kids that don't remember a time when mainstream music didn't mean hip hop music. They're trained to be woke since childhood. They are the fortnite generation. The fidget spinner generation. The snapchat generation. They are killing themselves because of netflix documentaries. They are raised with a phone screen playing YouTube always within reach.

Capture.PNG

They are more depressed, less likely to work jobs as a teen, more likely to be trans or non-binary, raised on a constant entertainment drip.

Look at this 14 year old faggot's displeasure when a 27 year old model hits on him.

Capture1.PNG

When I was 14 a woman coming from a nearby bar leaned out of a car window and said "you're hot!'. That made my night.
Now days they would post it on social media to out the 'pedophile'.

Last edited:
  • Feels
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Apoth42 and Trilby

Trilby

Hello kiwi lovers!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd assume Gen Z is much more liberal. Look at the parkland kids. Across the country, highschoolers protested by skipping class for the walk of life or whatever that protest was called.

These are kids that don't remember a time when mainstream music didn't mean hip hop music. They're trained to be woke since childhood. They are the fortnite generation. The fidget spinner generation. The snapchat generation. They are killing themselves because of netflix documentaries. They are raised with a phone screen playing YouTube always within reach.

View attachment 875180

They are more depressed, less likely to work jobs as a teen, more likely to be trans or non-binary, raised on a constant entertainment drip.

Look at this 14 year old faggot's displeasure when a 27 year old hits on him.

View attachment 875184

When I was 14 a woman coming from a nearby bar leaned out of a car window and said "you're hot!'. That made my night.
Now days they would post it on social media to out the 'pedophile'.
Today's generation is just ruined.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Apoth42

Autocrat

Xenofascist
kiwifarms.net
They're not, like factually so. It's been proven they're much more conservative than millennials.
Like, cite your fucking sources if you're going to, like make a statement like that.

1564921273122.png

1564921388293.png

Last edited:

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Like, site your fucking sources if you're going to, like make a statement like that.

View attachment 875230
View attachment 875232
download.png

download (1).png

download (2).png

I mean, there's a lot of contradictory information out there, but this is how politics work every generation - the hippies were seen as smelly useless twats by their kids so conservatism became more popular. Then the religious right went crazy about Satanism and rock music and D&D and liberalism became more popular, and so forth. There's like a shift every decade. I can guarantee you that practically nobody from Gen Z respects the old media or SJWs, even if they might share some viewpoints.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino