Genius.com Forums - Where shitty music taste and autism compose a cacophony of retardation

More gems from the forums. You can probably guess how old all of these users are by their posts.
1610629979199.png

Some user (who's apparently a freshman in high school) made a Q&A page for herself, and the questions people asked (and the responses) are either fucked or hilarious depending on your perspective.

1610630371021.png
1610630428259.png
1610630478057.png
1610630533110.png
1610630664211.png
1610630688026.png

Keep in mind that the Q&A section on song pages is supposed to be used for questions such as, "What did the artist say about this song?", not for teenage girls to divulge their sexual exploits. Her profile also somehow received "verified" status, which is usually reserved for actual artists who make an account on the site.

The corresponding report page in the moderation forum is also slightly autistic.
1610630935167.png

Boris Blank's glass eye

And just for you I have a spoon
More gems from the forums. You can probably guess how old all of these users are by their posts.
View attachment 1846934

Some user (who's apparently a freshman in high school) made a Q&A page for herself, and the questions people asked (and the responses) are either fucked or hilarious depending on your perspective.

View attachment 1846937View attachment 1846938View attachment 1846942View attachment 1846945View attachment 1846948View attachment 1846949
Keep in mind that the Q&A section on song pages is supposed to be used for questions such as, "What did the artist say about this song?", not for teenage girls to divulge their sexual exploits. Her profile also somehow received "verified" status, which is usually reserved for actual artists who make an account on the site.

The corresponding report page in the moderation forum is also slightly autistic.
View attachment 1846956
There's more pure, unadultered 'tism under DA HOOD than I ever thought.
Wonderful, wonderful site with a community just as great. /mu/ meets the malformed bastard child of Reddit and Tumblr.

Especially exceptional users like to make their own "music" as well, which usually only contain lyrics and unfortunately no actual audio. Interestingly, many of these don't get deleted by mods or editors since they don't technically break any rules since users are allowed to create personal pages.
(link; archive)
1610635213854.png

(link; archive)

1610635296726.png

This user below has dozens of songs and several albums like this, by the way.
(link; archive)

1610635260911.png

(link; archive)
1610635529720.png

albert chan

Don’t Tread On Tintin
True & Honest Fan
More examples of quality community-created content are "cyphers," which are basically themed raps where each member writes a verse. This one has two verse 2's for some reason.
(link; archive)
View attachment 1848386View attachment 1848388View attachment 1848391View attachment 1848394

Here's another one about - what else - BLM:
(link; archive)
View attachment 1848399View attachment 1848400
> bippity boppity, this needs to stoppity
:suffering:
I can sense the cringe coming from the bold red and green annotations

I can sense the cringe coming from the bold red and green annotations
The red annotations are unreviewed by an editor or a moderator, but you can only see them if you're logged in and have one of those roles. The green annotations are written by the artist(s) of the song.
1610719866870.png

TIL George Floyd died due to gun violence :story:
1610719963029.png

1610720256324.png

> quarntine
> vacine

1610720475482.png

For some reason she decides to start writing about her fanfiction in the middle of the annotation. Thankfully, she was kind enough to link it for your viewing pleasure :lol:
(link; archive)
1610720927498.png

there's 31 chapters of this shit

albert chan

Don’t Tread On Tintin
True & Honest Fan

Genius is just like us, guys. They love the idea of VR.

And in just the last few weeks alone, this has over 900k + views.

The 8 Of Spades

Head of PR For The Horror of Inexorable Entropy
True & Honest Fan
More examples of quality community-created content are "cyphers," which are basically themed raps where each member writes a verse. This one has two verse 2's for some reason.
(link; archive)
View attachment 1848386View attachment 1848388View attachment 1848391View attachment 1848394

Here's another one about - what else - BLM:
(link; archive)
View attachment 1848399View attachment 1848400
> bippity boppity, this needs to stoppity
:suffering:
Thanks a lot, I've retroactively lost all my street cred from reading this.

So one of my acquaintances on the site is a mod, and he was recently chewed out by a staff member due to his banner image - a blue lives matter flag. Note that the banner image only appears if you click on someone's profile; you don't see it anywhere else. He was threatened to be de-modded and banned if he didn't change it within 48 hours.
1611254753430.png

Here's an excerpt from the messages he was sent.
H8sioO_LI.jpg
0BuQDm_LI (2).jpg

This guy has been a mod for two years and - as far as I've seen - seems like a pretty levelheaded and dedicated member of the site. Staff demonstrating that they're willing to axe someone like him over a banner image that doesn't quite line up with their brand of political correctness shows that Genius's perennial wokeness truly knows no bounds.

The 8 Of Spades

Head of PR For The Horror of Inexorable Entropy
True & Honest Fan
So one of my acquaintances on the site is a mod, and he was recently chewed out by a staff member due to his banner image - a blue lives matter flag. Note that the banner image only appears if you click on someone's profile; you don't see it anywhere else. He was threatened to be de-modded and banned if he didn't change it within 48 hours.
View attachment 1862336
Here's an excerpt from the messages he was sent.
View attachment 1862342View attachment 1862343
This guy has been a mod for two years and - as far as I've seen - seems like a pretty levelheaded and dedicated member of the site. Staff demonstrating that they're willing to axe someone like him over a banner image that doesn't quite line up with their brand of political correctness shows that Genius's perennial wokeness truly knows no bounds.
I've seen some USI in my day, but wow. It's a fucking lyric website and they're out here acting like they set social policy lol.

Boris Blank's glass eye

And just for you I have a spoon
I've seen some USI in my day, but wow. It's a fucking lyric website and they're out here acting like they set social policy lol.
Isn't this the whole SocJus movement in a nutshell? Busybodies and snitches all over the fucking internet and real life forcing ultra-progressive TOS, codes of conduct, and internal policies on otherwise apolitical communities? Atheism+, the Occupy Wall Street movement, the capture of entertainment industries, etc?

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
Isn't this the whole SocJus movement in a nutshell? Busybodies and snitches all over the fucking internet and real life forcing ultra-progressive TOS, codes of conduct, and internal policies on otherwise apolitical communities? Atheism+, the Occupy Wall Street movement, the capture of entertainment industries, etc?
In political science circles this is called "Distributed Totalitarianism." Instead of a nanny state watching your every move, it's a system that incentivizes an entire class of people to act as hall monitors and enforce the elite consensus on society for free.

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
IME 99.9% of ALL online communities are autistic. I'm not sure normal people know how to register for forums lmao.

Tennis forums are the most autistic on the entire internet, worse than MyLittlePony forums. It would even be worth a write-up tbh. Members on there are like deranged borderline women who had a son with a tranny man, and holds in pee as a fetish while fantasizing about her underage son (who she shares a bed with) and sister. That is an actual member I'm describing.

Tennis forum autism and fucked-up-ness is INSANE.
I need links to this sort of Tennis forum perversion you are describing and I need it stat!