Genndy Tartovkosky's Primal - New show from the Creator of Dexter's Lab, Clone Wars, Samurai Jack, and Sym-Biotic Titan

FatFuckFrank

Goddamn Sexual Tyrannosaurus
kiwifarms.net
I have a feeling that this may be too artsy for the Adult Swim crowd.

It sounds like he's not going to speak for the entire series outside some reactionary grunts.

I dunno how many people would be interested in a TV series that's nothing but a character study.
L U M B E R J A C K
U
M
B
E
R
J
A
C
K

Sexy Times Hitler

WELL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It sounds like he's not going to speak for the entire series outside some reactionary grunts.

I dunno how many people would be interested in a TV series that's nothing but a character study.
>implying Samurai Jack wasn't like that at all.

Xandius Maximus

Just another creature
kiwifarms.net
Considering the direction Samurai Jack Season 5 went, I'm not holding my breath that this'll be anything spectacular. Because as amazing a creator Genndy is, Adult Swim has a track record of being very stingy with their show budgets, especially considering their dwindling ratings. Now, while the art style and animation appears to be of a higher quality than what is generally aired on Adult Swim, I have a gut feeling that these are just some of the "best moments." and that a lot of corners have already been cut in some capacity.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
kiwifarms.net

I'm surprised the usual suspects aren't attempting to strangle it to death before it can get off the ground.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

kiwifarms.net
Considering the direction Samurai Jack Season 5 went, I'm not holding my breath that this'll be anything spectacular. Because as amazing a creator Genndy is, Adult Swim has a track record of being very stingy with their show budgets, especially considering their dwindling ratings. Now, while the art style and animation appears to be of a higher quality than what is generally aired on Adult Swim, I have a gut feeling that these are just some of the "best moments." and that a lot of corners have already been cut in some capacity.
There's already lots of corner cutting in these "best moments" actually. The 'blur' effect they used for the caveman's fist while he's stabbing the dino at the end looks like this.

The squiggly shading doesn't even fit to the squiggly lines right. Strangely enough, this looks like more work than just drafting a standard fist and throwing a vertical blur effect on it. I feel like I'm looking at a high school student's comic book scribble art done in class as fast as possible to avoid getting reprimanded by the teacher.

• Informative
Reactions: Xandius Maximus

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
There's already lots of corner cutting in these "best moments" actually. The 'blur' effect they used for the caveman's fist while he's stabbing the dino at the end looks like this.
View attachment 759553
The squiggly shading doesn't even fit to the squiggly lines right. Strangely enough, this looks like more work than just drafting a standard fist and throwing a vertical blur effect on it. I feel like I'm looking at a high school student's comic book scribble art done in class as fast as possible to avoid getting reprimanded by the teacher.
Still looks good overall because it’s fucking Genndy

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
I'm really pumped for this, the art style and animation alone will make it worth it if you ask me. Super glad it looks a little more detailed and less flat compared to what I've come to expect from Tartokovsky, and I love the stretches, smears and impact used to make the movement so expressive and visceral. Oh, and the backgrounds and landscape is also beautifully drawn and colored!

Part of me hopes there's not gonna be a lot of dialogue in it, if any.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Looks the caveman that discovered fire from an episode of Dexter’s Lab.
It's a sequel to Dexter's Lab after Dexter gets Steve Jobs level rich and accidentally blows up the world and Dinosaurs now apparently live with humans.

That's probably going to be it, it's post apocalyptic like Xenozoic Tales and the twist is that everything in this series is actually the future.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

kiwifarms.net
It's a sequel to Dexter's Lab after Dexter gets Steve Jobs level rich and accidentally blows up the world and Dinosaurs now apparently live with humans.

That's probably going to be it, it's post apocalyptic like Xenozoic Tales and the twist is that everything in this series is actually the future.
Huh... what if Genndy Tartovkosky teamed up with Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon for a season of Rick and Morty?
:thinking:
He'd probably get radiation poisoning and die.

• Feels
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
You already have MUH FEATHERS spergs hating the series because he made raptors human sized and gave them no feathers. Now while some dromeosaurs had quill spikes instead of avian flight feathers that many furries and globohomos scientists show them as, we now know for certain that T-Rex did not have feathers.

And to be double extra cynical what are the chances that a "woke" message about global warming gets thrown into the series? This is Turner after all and they made Captain Planet.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino