Genndy Tartovkosky's Primal - New show from the Creator of Dexter's Lab, Clone Wars, Samurai Jack, and Sym-Biotic Titan

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Are there any people reacting negatively to the show's premise that involves a caveman and dinosaurs, since humans and dinosaur never met?
That's why I think it's going to have a post apocalyptic twist. It's clear that this is a labor of love and a ton of thought has gone into it that it can't be an intentional oversight.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
That's why I think it's going to have a post apocalyptic twist. It's clear that this is a labor of love and a ton of thought has gone into it that it can't be an intentional oversight.
I was thinking more of a weird ass alternate universe like Turok

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
kiwifarms.net
You already have MUH FEATHERS spergs hating the series because he made raptors human sized and gave them no feathers. Now while some dromeosaurs had quill spikes instead of avian flight feathers that many furries and globohomos scientists show them as, we now know for certain that T-Rex did not have feathers.

And to be double extra cynical what are the chances that a "woke" message about global warming gets thrown into the series? This is Turner after all and they made Captain Planet.
Genndy doesn't seem like the type for moral messages in his cartoons, even Samurai Jack in season 5 was pretty clean of it. Closest thing any work of his has to moral messages is Symbionic Titan's recurring "we gotta trust one another" theme and Hotel Transylvania 2's blatant racism/autism allegory but that was mostly Robert Smigel's doing.

Are there any people reacting negatively to the show's premise that involves a caveman and dinosaurs, since humans and dinosaur never met?
None that I can see. I've only seen like one comment bitching and sperging about the lack of feathers on dinosaurs, and about 5 or so saying that this is probably like Thundarr the Barbarian meets Korgoth of Barbaria. Also there's plenty of media that's done this concept before and ignored the inconsistency for the sake of entertainment.

not william stenchever

Mr. Popo does not fuck
kiwifarms.net
If anyone wants befeathered dinosaurs there is the Destroyermen series of books. A fictional OTL USN destroyer, USS Walker (a Fletcher from WWI) gets sent back in time from 1941 due to a spoopy storm (and a Japanese battlecruiser chasing them through). They end up in an alternate universe where dinosaurs survived and one of the major factions are sentient feathered raptors.

Allosaurs made relatively small by living on islands are not fun to encounter, just so you know. The only way to ensure the survival of the individuals in the shore party is to turn a 20mm antiaircraft cannon into a breechloading monster-slayer rifle.

Star Galactics

The 100% halal Orc, Resident Schizo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sneak peak was shown at Comic-Con

This looks absolutely brutal.
When you're not having to use robots to get around gore filters, you have a lot more freedom. He's always wanted to do stuff like this, just CN wouldn't let him do it through the medium of Samurai Jack. Not to mention the last season was so rushed because well... How far can you go with only a 13 (Was it 13?) episodic season for what is known as one of your epics. I hope this doesn't flop because he's given artistic freedom for once.

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When you're not having to use robots to get around gore filters, you have a lot more freedom. He's always wanted to do stuff like this, just CN wouldn't let him do it through the medium of Samurai Jack. Not to mention the last season was so rushed because well... How far can you go with only a 13 (Was it 13?) episodic season for what is known as one of your epics. I hope this doesn't flop because he's given artistic freedom for once.
I think it looks great but sometimes too much artistic freedom can be a bad thing. Remember what happened to Metal Gear once Kojima no no longer had anyone to tell him no?

Star Galactics

The 100% halal Orc, Resident Schizo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it looks great but sometimes too much artistic freedom can be a bad thing. Remember what happened to Metal Gear once Kojima no no longer had anyone to tell him no?
This is true. There's a level of reign you have to have on some artists. But look back to Clone Wars that Genny did. A medium that had all it's lore mangled and it's own problems- But he made that flourish. Genny has never once proven himself to be bad as an artist, so I'm not expecting him to suddenly pull something dumb. It's just that we can't expect him to pull a complete epic on the levels of Samurai Jack either.

I'm gonna be cautious but optimistic going into this one when I get around to it.

N

NN 401

kiwifarms.net
Are they actually going to let him finish this project this time?

I’m still salty about what happened with symbionic titan.

The emo git from the new Voltron was a complete rip off of Lance without any of his charming qualities and kindness.

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
Tartakovsky is not like Kojimbo, he's more like Seth MacFarlane. By that I mean that he cares about making entertaining shows with interesting worlds and characters that people will love, not just "look at how smrt and 2deep4U I am".

Fred Flintstone ain't fucking around
It's weird that they're rebooting The Flintstones and it's made by Elizabeth Banks for some reason.

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
Please tell me you're joking.
I wish I was kidding.
When I heard about the reboot it made me sad because this (like a Star Trek spin-off) was Seth MacFarlane's dream project. When he was working on the project in the early 2010 he wanted to bring the show and the cast back (some of them got a cameo on Family Guy). Now, it's Elizabeth Banks' company that is doing it, even though she has no background in animation.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino