kiwifarms.net
Saints Row
Syphon Filter
Army Men
Empire Earth
Warlords Battlecry
Dino Crisis
Darkstalkers

I'd also like to see Time Crisis and CarnEvil make a comeback, but I'd reboot them into different genres since arcades are dead in America and console light gun games are almost impossible in a post-CRT world.

A remake of CarnEvil would work very well as a survival horror/horror comedy game on the RE Engine used by the recent Resident Evil 2 remake. While CarnEvil is a Midway IP, I honestly think Capcom or some other company could probably buy the rights off of Netherrealm Studios for the right price.

I'd also like to see a reboot of Time Crisis, either as a single-player FPS or maybe some sort of action-adventure or RPG game. Personally, I'd go all out and play the 80's and 90's action movie tropes to the hilt and do so completely straight without any hint of irony. Have it be a love letter to the glory days of action flicks.

Hell, I'd be fine with a Time Crisis reboot being an open-world game with the VSSE agents doing saboteur and counter-revolutionary work in strange locales. Sort of like Just Cause, but with a different style and better gameplay.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
A remake of CarnEvil would work very well as a survival horror/horror comedy game on the RE Engine used by the recent Resident Evil 2 remake. While CarnEvil is a Midway IP, I honestly think Capcom or some other company could probably buy the rights off of Netherrealm Studios for the right price.
If anything I think another carnevil game would be a sequel with the same kid from the first given how the ending of one went with him going for another round.

• Winner
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Overcast

Perfection has no age
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I suppose games with fixed camera angles? Playing stuff like Haunting Ground, Fatal Frame, and Silent Hill 2, it does give the games kind of a cinematic feel. It highlights environmental details and gives players certain impressions due to the way the camera is angled in certain areas.

Plus there is a feeling of tension and panic from entering a new place and not knowing exactly where to go due to the camera angles. I'd imagine it's pretty difficult doing that without it being a major hindrance to gameplay and I applaud those who actually did that sort of thing right.

Marco Fucko

Psychedelic Fascist
kiwifarms.net
FPS games with power gimmicks. I'm thinking like Jedi Knight or Dark Messiah. Being able to use either special powers or the environment to kill people in interesting ways is really cool and I'd like to see more of it.

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net
RTS/FPS Hybrids with a focus on multiplayer.
C&C Renegade (sort of, lacked any kind of ability to build)
Battle Zone Combat Commander / Battle Zone 2 for the PC were awesome examples of this
Savage 1 / Savage 2 (S2 Games, the creators of this was run rather poorly)
Natural Selection 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Tags
None