Geographic Distribution of Lolcows -

WarJams

kiwifarms.net
zeemaps used to be fun for making collaborative point-on map projects, but they went to a model a over a year ago where you would have to start paying once a certain amount of people accessed at the map.

Liber Pater

@Rat Speaker did nothing wrong. Lang Gang
kiwifarms.net
zeemaps used to be fun for making collaborative point-on map projects, but they went to a model a over a year ago where you would have to start paying once a certain amount of people accessed at the map.
geojson.io perhaps? Never used it, but I'm pretty sure it allows collaboration and is integrated with GitHub.

AnimeGirlConnoisseur

kiwifarms.net
Is there a geographic region that produces more lolcows than average? I personally think that the state of Virginia produces a lot of people that are bonafide low-cows or could at the very least be considered to be kinda weird.
Examples of Virginian lolcows:
Bona-fide lolcows:
1. Chris-Chan (Ruckersville)
2. The mountain-jews (Richmond)
3. Gorgeous George (Richmond)
Gray Area
1. Ethan Ralph (Richmond)
2. George Zimmerman (formally Manassas)
3. Stephen Rogata/ Trump Tower climber (Great Falls)
4. Seung-Hui Cho/ VT shooter (Fairfax/ Blacksburg)

contradiction of terns

A windmill will kill many bald eagles
kiwifarms.net
Someone beat me to saying Texas, so I'll add that a fair number seem to pass through Portland at the very least.

Edit: I believe Zoe Quinn lived in Portland for a while (or maybe still does). I admit to recently skimming her thread and then immediately trying to suppress most of it.

Last edited:

Justtocheck

Premature ejaculator
kiwifarms.net
Drug addiction I can understand, but what do retirees have to do with anything?

Usually, people who are raised and sheltered by retirees with little income (and no strong father figure) will end up with problems down the line. And the more retirees and drugs are in an area, the more chances that a whole family unit with no work will be around them. Which will result in lots of mental illness/lolcow breeding ground.

The ideal lolcow has been raised by their grandparents in an enviroment of drug addiction where the dad is dead/deadbeat/not strong or present and with little oportunity for social advancement and little meaningful work.

darkwingosonichugorl

Let me tell you the potential of my balls.
kiwifarms.net
I'd guess the Northwest US/Canada attracts the highest amount. Batshit progressive culture with many gamers and relevant e-begging content creators passing through there at some point.

Syaoran Li

I'm running this Monkey Farm now!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Arizona has Tommy Tooter and HamberLyn

Razorfist is also from Arizona, if I recall correctly.

I'd say the biggest concentration of lolcows in the United States tends to be the West Coast when you include those originally from there or they flock there from elsewhere like ADF and Zoe Quinn.

Portland is already infamous as it is, to say nothing of the vast number of furries in California and the Pacific Northwest.

Florida is surprisingly not as lolcow-heavy as you'd expect, but the northern states are way more lolcow-dense than I'd expect. A-Log was from NYC when he was at his peak lolcowdom, ADF is originally from New Jersey and lived in Philly before he went west. There's also MovieBob, Jake Alley, Brianna Wu, Styx, and Dobson all concentrated in New England.

I've noticed a lot of people tend to see Virginia as a lolcow haven, but I'd say more of that has to do with Chris-Chan's iconic status. The only other major lolcows I can think of who are from the Old Dominion state are Ethan Ralph and Shmorky and you've also got some minor lolcows from there like Akemi Mokoto but otherwise it's a state that's more about the quality of their lolcows than the quantity.

Lou’s Biggest Fan

All aboard the Diabetes Train! ChugaChuga WooWoo!!
kiwifarms.net
I hate maps like this because inevitably, even if you got every single person with a thread or even a mention on this site’s exact location and put it on a world map, all you’d do is end up with a population density map, the same with the furry map in the OP (aside for the fake locations done for memes).

They don’t show anything interesting.

AnimeGirlConnoisseur

kiwifarms.net
I hate maps like this because inevitably, even if you got every single person with a thread or even a mention on this site’s exact location and put it on a world map, all you’d do is end up with a population density map, the same with the furry map in the OP (aside for the fake locations done for memes).

They don’t show anything interesting.
Well you do have a point that lolcow density does correlate with population density, but if we did have a really good map of lolcow density and were able to compare it to population density, maybe we could find regions that have more or less lolcows then you would expect, given their population density.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Begemot

raritycat

kiwifarms.net
My personal theory about cows is that they are the product of a weird concoction of poverty and subcultures that enable deviant behavior.

Here are my two case studies:

I don't think its surprising that we see these places as the center of weird ass cults (Jonestown in Cali, Waco in Texas) and dumb trends like anti-vax. These places are blast furnaces for retardation.

I have a hard time listing cows from the east coast, midwest and prairies and I don't think that can be chalked up to population density.

You're not wrong about the poverty. If I had to guess, one of the biggest cow mechas in Canada would be Hamilton, ON due to how many bums live on ODSP there. There are two cows with threads based out of there that I know of - Chris Whiteman and Pokimane. It surprises me that there aren't more.

One place I'm surprised we don't see more cows from is Winnipeg, MB. Fucking shithole of a provincial capital probably has a few good ones.

Tags
None