George Ouzounian v. Asterios Kokkinos (2018) -

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
In the last episode of "The Worst Lawsuit in the Universe" ....

George Ouzounian / Maddox of "The Best Page in the Universe" fame, with the help of a drunk driving dogbite lawyer named Kevin Landau, attempted to sue several people, their employers, and random employees associated with their company for $20 million dollars.

Unable to state a claim (i.e. base their legal demand for compensation with real torts/laws/case law), the case was dismissed without the ability to refile in New York, except for Asterios Kokkinos, a long-term fan of co-defendant Dick Masterson's podcast "The Dick Show".

Kevin Landau wanted to continue the lawsuit in California, but Maddox backed down. Citing 'irreconcilable differences', Kevin Landau is requesting the courts force Maddox to pay him the full amount for his work at $750/hr instead of the alternative arrangements that Maddox and he had agreed on before.

Despite this trouble, Maddox has lawyered up with a different attorney and is refiling against Asterios Kokkinos in New York.

To clarify, Asterios did some trolling stuff involving Maddox, which is why he is the sole exception. I think he photoshopped a billboard with an anti-Maddox ad and claimed he bought it, but I don't know if he ever actually did. IIRC, he also contacted some of Maddox's sponsors and bullied them into pulling.
The exception is because there's actually personal jurisdiction over him as a resident of New York. The other defendants couldn't be sued because not only was there no jurisdiction, but there was no claim against them under a New York law which only protects New York citizens.

So there has never been a decision on the "merits" of the case against Kokkinos as such. Everything the judge said indicates there aren't any merits, but Maddox is free to drive up the sanctions against himself by continuing to litigate frivolously, as is his incompetent lawyer.
Null said: "I think he photoshopped a billboard with an anti-Maddox ad and claimed he bought it, but I don't know if he ever actually did. IIRC, he also contacted some of Maddox's sponsors and bullied them into pulling."

I never did either of those things!

All I did was record a parody album where I called Maddox a cuck, hundreds of times, to the tune of various royalty free christmas carols I stole from a christian website, resulting in a three week reign on the Billboard comedy charts and archival inclusion in the Library of Congress.

Screenshot_20180830-100133__01.jpg screenshot-twitter.com-2018.08.30-10-20-31.png

(Discussion about the Landau filings against Maddox go in the old thread.

Last edited:

Henry Bemis

just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm shocked that he still wants to sue. Walking away with what little dignity he has left just isn't something he wants to do I guess.

Does he have a snowball's chance in hell of winning against Asterios?
He's asked for an extension on re-filing. Let's clear that hurdle first.

That said, this won't go well for Asterios. And this won't end well for Maddox.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's asked for an extension on re-filing. Let's clear that hurdle first.

That said, this won't go well for Asterios. And this won't end well for Maddox.

Is he trying to sue him for 320 million? I would think if the amount is somewhat low (around the $50K range) I wouldn't be surprised if internet heroes started a Go Fund Me for Asterios if Maddox somehow won.

break these cuffs

retarded oper8or warning
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is he trying to sue him for 320 million? I would think if the amount is somewhat low (around the $50K range) I wouldn't be surprised if internet heroes started a Go Fund Me for Asterios if Maddox somehow won.
Asterios already has a gofundme and isn't even close to what he needs. Google or search one of the other threads for it. The previous lawsuit put him in $25k+ debt paying his attorney fees and Weber Shandwick fired him once the suit was dismissed. He's also using the money to counter sue. I'm sure it's one of the reasons why Saddcux is doing this. We can only speculate on how much his finances are fucked, but he knows how much Asterios' are. It seems like Asterios is ride or die on putting the screws to that Armenian rat. Good on him. I don't know how big Dick's podcast is, but hopefully fans and the man himself start stepping up. The gofundme is currently sitting at 174 contributors and a bit under $7k.

thebonesauce

The North American Jape
kiwifarms.net
What in the holy fuck is he thinking? Can’t afford one lawyer and proceeds to hire a second lawyer? Is he agreeing to work pro-Bono or is this an Edgar Snyder situation where, “they won’t get anything unless they make money for you!”

Does he genuinely think it’s going to go well? Or is this an instance of the rat going down with a sinking ship so he’s gonna try to bring someone down with him?