Getting deep with Dom Cruise -

• Downtime due to DDoS attacks still. I'm waiting on different providers to give me what I need to deal with it long-term.

Yotsubaaa

And I will love you 💗
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wake up, wake up before it's too late, like I did, because the time is near.
You promised you'd stop doomerposting. 😡

By shit they see and say on the internet, internet echo chambers and hateful internet talk can, when taken to an extreme, influence someone's IRL behavior.
Yes. For example, you could mistake all of this SJW/Internet nonsense for actual problems that matter and affect real (non-clown) people, and then come to the conclusion that the 'world is ending!' because some of the Twitter women with crayon-colored hair are making loud noises.

For real man, take a break.

so I'm going to cool off and calm down for a while.
Probably wise.

Dom Cruise

Happy summer, everybody!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You promised you'd stop doomerposting. 😡

Yes. For example, you could mistake all of this SJW/Internet nonsense for actual problems that matter and affect real (non-clown) people, and then come to the conclusion that the 'world is ending!' because some of the Twitter women with crayon-colored hair are making loud noises.

For real man, take a break.

Probably wise.
It's the polar opposite of doomerposting if I'm offering a message of salvation though, doomerposting would be saying everything is hopeless and thankfully it's not.

I don't know for sure what exactly is going to happen in the future, but whatever happens, happens and either way one should always hold on to hope.

I am going to take a break from the real heavy posting for a while though.

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree with you about atheism but you're doing a disservice by conflating religion with the Christian god.

All people need a religion. If they don't have one then they mangle some unrelated concept into a religion. Fanboyism, politics, even software, whatever. People will inevitably either forge a god out of something or follow others who have.
Everyone needs a religion. Don't tell them to specifically follow your religion or else they're fucked. Tell them how they're destroying themselves with ritualistic obssessions over what other people do or don't like, tell them that no matter how "smart" we become, we're still hard-wired to worship something just like we have to eat and shit. There's religions out there that teach compassion and understanding without the fluff of "also you go to hell if you don't listen to me DEUS VULT", otherwise you're going to make even more politics-obssessed atheists who feel the need to ritualistically burn anyone they don't like.

Dom Cruise

Happy summer, everybody!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree with you about atheism but you're doing a disservice by conflating religion with the Christian god.

All people need a religion. If they don't have one then they mangle some unrelated concept into a religion. Fanboyism, politics, even software, whatever. People will inevitably either forge a god out of something or follow others who have.
Everyone needs a religion. Don't tell them to specifically follow your religion or else they're fucked. Tell them how they're destroying themselves with ritualistic obssessions over what other people do or don't like, tell them that no matter how "smart" we become, we're still hard-wired to worship something just like we have to eat and shit. There's religions out there that teach compassion and understanding without the fluff of "also you go to hell if you don't listen to me DEUS VULT", otherwise you're going to make even more politics-obssessed atheists who feel the need to ritualistically burn anyone they don't like.
That's kind of what I've been saying though.

I defended world Religions like Buddhism, Hinduism and Shintoism, I made a specific stand for Christianity and I do think ultimately someone does have to accept Christ into their heart to achieve salvation, but God also judges us by our hearts, if through circumstances of fate someone followed some other Religion but they were genuine in their faith and they tried to be a good person, perhaps there's something like Purgatory where after you die you are given a second chance to accept the ultimate truth, which is Jesus Christ.

You're right though that everyone should follow some kind of actual Religion at least, because like you said if you don't something is going to take it's place and if it's purely idolatry like fanboyism or politics it's going to result in a person who is in some way warped.

That's what the hardcore atheists in the 2000s didn't understand and that's why, even if I didn't fully understand why at the time, I didn't like it then and don't like it now.

On a side note, when it comes to something like Buddhism, if you remember Paul wanted to go the east to spread the Gospel there and God specifically told him not to, so there must be some reason why God wanted Asia to be it's own culture and I'm sure God wouldn't condemn good hearted Asian people to Hell just because of fate.

knobslobbin

survivorship bias
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can we get back to talking about the coming civil war and/or economic collapse already? Oh sorry I confuse this thread with the other doomposter spergouts sometimes.

The Last Stand

What is this fool saying?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I think you're confusing religion with faith. Or purpose.

Punished Benis

Buttshroom
kiwifarms.net
I'd post something from the "shit on the floor, clean it up jannies" folder, but I think that would actually improve this thread.

I think you're confusing religion with faith. Or purpose.
I really don't think he is. People with the latter two, but lacking the former, seem to invariably twist them into, if not religion, something with all the trappings of such. Social strictures, dogma, painting opposition as some sin or heresy analogue, etc etc. Look at anything from social justice, to politics, environmentalism, animal rights, hell, even vidya. You will find people who have formed dogmatic behaviors around it, who use it to fill the very same hole people traditionally used religion to fill. And they inevitably start trying to impose their beliefs on those around them.

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's kind of what I've been saying though.

I defended world Religions like Buddhism, Hinduism and Shintoism, I made a specific stand for Christianity and I do think ultimately someone does have to accept Christ into their heart to achieve salvation, but God also judges us by our hearts, if through circumstances of fate someone followed some other Religion but they were genuine in their faith and they tried to be a good person, perhaps there's something like Purgatory where after you die you are given a second chance to accept the ultimate truth, which is Jesus Christ.

You're right though that everyone should follow some kind of actual Religion at least, because like you said if you don't something is going to take it's place and if it's purely idolatry like fanboyism or politics it's going to result in a person who is in some way warped.

That's what the hardcore atheists in the 2000s didn't understand and that's why, even if I didn't fully understand why at the time, I didn't like it then and don't like it now.

On a side note, when it comes to something like Buddhism, if you remember Paul wanted to go the east to spread the Gospel there and God specifically told him not to, so there must be some reason why God wanted Asia to be it's own culture and I'm sure God wouldn't condemn good hearted Asian people to Hell just because of fate.

No intention to offend you or your beliefs, but the greatest tragedy is a self-aware Christian. Fully understanding and willing to question the asinine, demanding, unforgiving, judgmental nature of their religion, but being unwilling to question it in fear of a cosmic punishment ingrained into them.
This is pretty much exclusive to Christianity, too. Hinduism is the same, but that spawned an entire sect of Buddhism in retaliation to it and scares away followers every day. Christianity is perfectly engineered to make you afraid to question it but it doesn't inconvenience you too much to really rebel against it - Pascal's wager and all. Aside from not really preaching much in the way of personal development, the worst it does it just tells you that your heathen friends and family don't believe you so they'll go to hell so you may as well just avoid them or alienate them by preaching too much.

You're totally right, Christianity should be more forgiving, having a concept of "you got it wrong, but you can try again in the next life". But then it wouldn't be Christianity.