Ghost and True Capitalist Radio General Thread -

Orkeosaurus

kiwifarms.net
I don't see Ghost coming back in any meaningful way if he stays on that boomer vaughn.live site.
Is there any point messing with him nowadays?
Like, he's obviously playing it up now and is just making money off the speds still doing it.

Pooptickler variants will always make me laugh though.
as far as im aware Ghost has completely monetized his trolls. The more money a troll sends him to play a meme song the "madder" he'll get.

Elaine Benes

I'm queen of the castle!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't see Ghost coming back in any meaningful way if he stays on that boomer vaughn.live site.

as far as im aware Ghost has completely monetized his trolls. The more money a troll sends him to play a meme song the "madder" he'll get.
He has reached peak capitalism.

On ICR (which is basically a TonyTalk pre-show that covers BTR shows, as well as Ghost) we listen to Ghost clips once in a while to educate those who may not have listened regularly in previous years.

• Informative
Reactions: rotollo

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ghost just claimed on the show tonight that @Null created this site because of him, and that Moot made /pol/ because of him.

He's back on Youtube now and no longer doing video requests.
He's a confused old boomer. He's mistaking the creation of the now defunct TCR subforum here for the entire site.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I checked up on Ghost early this year to see what'd become of him since we lost interest and our TCR subforum was retired. Reading up again now I'm not shocked to learn that he's sunk to the level of the Twitch streamers he bit his shekel farming methods from (MediaShare, TTS, etc.).

The funny part is that nowadays those people are pulling in multiples of Ghost's remaining viewership. I don't know what Ghost's peak audience was during the golden age in 2011 - 2012, but he was ahead of his time by turning TCR into a cheap reality show at a time when Twitch was still getting on its feet, YT streaming didn't exist yet and the genre of emotionally unbalanced streamers doing the same wouldn't explode with Ice Poseidon et al until years later and become a permanent fixture of streaming culture.

There's a tragedy there. Maybe Ghost is like the first caveman who discovered fire only to be eaten by a predator and leave the next guy to take credit for his discovery. Now that's comedy!

Elaine Benes

I'm queen of the castle!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Regarding his peak audience, we looked up his old Twitter (@ghostpolitics) on the Wayback Machine a while back and he had thousands of followers even in 2012.

Before he left BTR, he mentioned that he was regularly pulling in upwards of 50,000 live listeners a show, though we doubted him at the time.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Before he left BTR, he mentioned that he was regularly pulling in upwards of 50,000 live listeners a show, though we doubted him at the time.
I remember that and I believe it given the explosive popularity of Ghost-related shit on Youtube during the golden age. What makes that staggering is at that time, the only other English language streamer who came close to those numbers was a speedrunner named Siglemic who capped out at 15,000 - 20,000 during a potential world record run.

Even today, 50,000 viewers would make you the #1 streamer and nobody can pull that regularly besides PewDiePie.

Mr. Duck

kiwifarms.net
When you question him about the numbers he goes on about his imaginary relays on shithole countries and counts those as part of the "thousands" listening to him.

millais

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When you question him about the numbers he goes on about his imaginary relays on shithole countries and counts those as part of the "thousands" listening to him.
There were only ever 2-3, maybe 4 relay channels (if you count Discord-type chat rooms and the days when this site's front page would restream his broadcast) at any given time. And the biggest restreaming channels would average maybe 100-200 viewers during the Markets and News Soliloquy segments, then peak at maybe 500 viewers during shoutouts and RG

Elaine Benes

I'm queen of the castle!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Regarding countries, I do know that some IC members were South African and that the Arab Prince was indeed from the UAE. He wasn't a prince though, just some guy Ghost and his buddies coaxed into blowing obscene amounts of money on autographs when Ghost was trying to kill RG.

millais

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Regarding countries, I do know that some IC members were South African and that the Arab Prince was indeed from the UAE. He wasn't a prince though, just some guy Ghost and his buddies coaxed into blowing obscene amounts of money on autographs when Ghost was trying to kill RG.
And there's the outsized Australian/Britbong contingent he seems to attract, dating all the way back to the TCR days.

cans.wav

Shooting Pearls.
kiwifarms.net
What a shitty episode Monday, all he did was get mad at donations then left early. It's obvious he only wants the money now.

Elaine Benes

I'm queen of the castle!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even today, 50,000 viewers would make you the #1 streamer and nobody can pull that regularly besides PewDiePie.
I remember him quoting those numbers during 2017, not long before his weird independent phase, so it seems that leaving BTR was the decision that killed the show in the end.

It's not uncommon for some BTR shows to pull those figures. The most recent episode of Inner Circle Radio had 13,000 live listeners at one point.

cans.wav

Shooting Pearls.
kiwifarms.net
Someone sat on a calculator and counted how much Ghost made lade last night and he made over 1200 dollars, not counting money "trolls" spent on donating to Bjorn and Onlyusemeblade while ghost was watching them.
Can't blame ghost for keeping going and screwing with these people when it's so damn profitable for him.

• Feels
Reactions: millais

millais

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone sat on a calculator and counted how much Ghost made lade last night and he made over 1200 dollars, not counting money "trolls" spent on donating to Bjorn and Onlyusemeblade while ghost was watching them.
Can't blame ghost for keeping going and screwing with these people when it's so damn profitable for him.
He has never made any secret about his primary life goal of being a capitalist shekel goblin. For all the disdain he has for other streamers and e-beggers, he has accrued a very strong paypig fanbase of autists and failtrolls who will keep showering him with money in exchange for attention or a reaction.

All the way back to when he started accepting TTS and video donations, he has managed to attract all kinds people to his show with more disposable income than common sense. At least back in the days of the autographs and merch, people were getting a piece of TCR history.

• Agree
Reactions: Orkeosaurus

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even being well aware of the obscene amount of money that TTS/Mediashare can rake in, I'm surprised that Ghost still is popular enough to be pulling in that much.

But then again he always had a core of autistic newfags who either unironically agreed with his politics or believed they could buy their way into star trolldom.

cans.wav

Shooting Pearls.
kiwifarms.net
Even being well aware of the obscene amount of money that TTS/Mediashare can rake in, I'm surprised that Ghost still is popular enough to be pulling in that much.

But then again he always had a core of autistic newfags who either unironically agreed with his politics or believed they could buy their way into star trolldom.
Well considering he raised media share to $20.20, pretends he "doesn't want them" and only reacts with cans to shit like shock videos, you can see how it suckers people who think they're "trolling" in and gives Ghost lots of money