Ghost of Tsushima : Muh "Nationalism" - Asian-Americans and soy cucks whine about Nationalism in a fucking game. Japanese Gamers Love It.

heathercho

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Ghost of Tsushima

I loved playing Sony’s new exclusive, Ghost of Tsushima, debuting worldwide today on the PlayStation 4. It is a beautiful game — not quite as well written as The Last of Us Part II, but moving nevertheless. I enjoyed going back in time and living in a world full of Japanese traditions. But I felt aware that the game was a small slice of history, placed during a time when Japan could rightly claim it was the victim of foreign invaders.
One of the mechanics in the game is the Divine Wind, which sounds a lot more ominous when you consider that in Japanese, that’s “kamikaze.” The wind guides you in the game, and it evokes the spirit of the hero’s fallen father. The wind and the storms it produced took out the Mongol fleets on a couple of occasions during the real history, and that contributed to Japan’s spirit of invincibility. That attitude continued until World War II, and it led to Japan’s downfall. As an American, I would be worried about this wind, but the wind has no negative connotations in the game at all.
Some reviewers criticized the game for representing an American view of Japan, as development studio Sucker Punch is a Seattle-based company. That view of inserting a colonialist attitude of ancient Japan, before its colonial days, is something that Westerners might do. But Sucker Punch didn’t do this and didn’t make a lot of mistakes, beyond having some poor dialogue. And it turns out that Japanese gamer reviewers love the game. Famitsu gave it 100-out-of-100 and said, “There is no sense of discomfort in this foreign-made Japanese world.”
If an American company made American mistakes and imposed an American world view on Japan, then you can be pretty sure Japanese gamer reviewers wouldn’t like that. In other words, it looks like Sucker Punch succeeded in taking us back to Japan in the 13th century and making us feel like we were there. That’s a fine achievement, and a good way to judge the game.
I haven’t looked closely at Spiketrap’s data about Tsushima, but I do know that the vast majority of it so far is positive. I don’t think the fact that Americans made the game is going to hurt its sales. As much as I am sensitive to the fact that people should tell their own stories, in this case I would hope that people judge this game for what it is, rather than who made it.

---------

TL;DR :
Asian-American/Korean-American 교포 pissbabies and soycucks whine about Japanese Nationalism in a video game.
Japanese gamers don't care, rate the game good.

Peep Plops

kiwifarms.net
So it plays like Nioh?
Ah shit I forgot that one was also exclusive for some reason. No Nioh is way different, I was mainly comparing it to god of war/uncharted/last of us and the like with a healthy smattering of assassins creed and the arkham games thrown in the mix. For my money the game is a failure since it has nothing new to offer besides arguably the setting (being more realistic than Niohs magical yokai japan or Sekiro).

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Ah shit I forgot that one was also exclusive for some reason. No Nioh is way different, I was mainly comparing it to god of war/uncharted/last of us and the like with a healthy smattering of assassins creed and the arkham games thrown in the mix. For my money the game is a failure since it has nothing new to offer besides arguably the setting (being more realistic than Niohs magical yokai japan or Sekiro).
Sounds like it's mostly a re-skin of their Infamous games. Is that close to the mark?

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Is it fun or another boring Sony movie game? Cause I'm interested in it but been burned by Sony too many times...
Would you enjoy an open world game where you can be a samurai and a ninja who walks around the rural japanese countryside exploring and doing whatever the fuck you want while killing mongolians?

Because that's the game. It's more open than Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War, mostly because vertical exploration and movement are part of the game. It doesn't play like them either because jumping and stealth attacks are built into the combat.

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
Based on streams, it looks fun and good. It's beautiful, but almost every AAA game is. Open world, you get to choose if you want to play it stealthy or run in and be a take all comers Samurai, although the game is clearly designed that you are meant to do both at different times. There are ways around that from what I've seen so whether that's a positive or negative is up to you.

Combat looks good, I've yet to see a streamer actually come close to mastering it yet, almost all are using some light cheese to get through some of it. One said the combat was more complex than The Witcher, but not as intricate as For Honor if that means anything to you. Imo the sword play is a little less intricate than a souls game.

It is long, and because it's open world with a shit ton of sidequests that are mostly optional some, appear to be in your best interest to do, it looks like it will end up being repetitive. Idk how big a deal that is since all games are repetitive but ymmv

Tags
None