Gin - Mother's Ruin

OXZ

kiwifarms.net
Something else entirely: Fid Street, The Botanist
BEWARE. Anything plant/botanic will taste like 10 Christmas' and/or a chunk of plant. I haven't found anything that mixes well with it. Got any ideas?

Suntory has Roku Gin. It's inoffensive and goes great with just about any common mixer.
Bowling & Burch is made in Kentucky and has a bit of a regular liquor bite at the end. It's pretty good in my opinion. Kind of like gin and a little bit of vodka or maybe even moonshine. Pleasant but goes away very fast.

• Feels
Reactions: Pocket Dragoon

Pocket Dragoon

For one-tenth a soul, or a sexual favor.
kiwifarms.net
It may be heresy, but I've recently started mixing Tanqueray & strong Jamaican gingerbeer, with a splash of pinapple juice if I have it. It's a lot easier on my guts than Wild Turkey, and more appropriate for daydrinking.

Gin. For when you're so desperate for alcohol you start fermenting poisonous berries.
Seen, and raise you absinthe.

Now, THAT shit is deserving of a Farms thread, and I actually like the stuff (versinthe primarily); absinthe fags are riddled with autism, especially Stateside ones.

When you're ready to take the next step, import some Borovička juniper brandy from Eastern Europe it will put some hairs on your balls fam.
Can confirm; there's good reason that side of my family only breaks it out for special occasions. They stick to slivo or Pabst for the rest of the year.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

BOO.
kiwifarms.net
It may be heresy, but I've recently started mixing Tanqueray & strong Jamaican gingerbeer, with a splash of pinapple juice if I have it. It's a lot easier on my guts than Wild Turkey, and more appropriate for daydrinking.

Seen, and raise you absinthe.

Now, THAT shit is deserving of a Farms thread, and I actually like the stuff (versinthe primarily); absinthe fags are riddled with autism, especially Stateside ones.

Can confirm; there's good reason that side of my family only breaks it out for special occasions. They stick to slivo or Pabst for the rest of the year.
re: absinthe - it's a fucking meme. If you really want anise liquor you're better off with ouzo or yeniraki. I could see absinthe being worth trying at least once for shiggles, but beyond that? Meh.

OXZ

kiwifarms.net
re: absinthe - it's a fucking meme. If you really want anise liquor you're better off with ouzo or yeniraki. I could see absinthe being worth trying at least once for shiggles, but beyond that? Meh.
I've met people who unironically drink absinthe. They're about as weird as you might think.

I'll have to try that out. I don't really mess with any liquors outside of gin nowadays. It's just right for me.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

BOO.
kiwifarms.net
Also re: The Botanist - neat (like you said though, it's a hell of a ride), on the rocks, with a splash of lime and soda or tonic will all work. Botanist is way too expensive (for a gin) to really adulterate too heavily. Fid Street is very pleasant neat or on the rocks.

• Agree

cuÞbert

kiwifarms.net
Behold! For I bring good news. The most delicious gin ever made by man. However, perhaps I am a liar, as such a liquid could not come from man but only from the breast of Venus herself.

1751 Gin Lane Victorian Pink Gin
gin_lan6.jpg

Infused with bitters, mild and smooth. A gentle kiss in comparison to the harsh flavors of London Dry gins.

• Informative

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
I cant drink gin, but i like the European Variants of it. the dutch have a couple of super smoth ones, the german variant is realy Juniper heavy without beeing bitter and the eastern variants are less heavy...

a nice Jenever from a Clay bottle is always nice.

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
Gin? They used to give that to us in the workhouse...helps make is sleep.

Alternatively victory gin tastes like oil and hits like a blow to the back of the head. All for the good of the party Comrades

OXZ

kiwifarms.net
Ocean Spray has a martini recipes on some of their grapefruit juices. I tried the one with white grapefruit/gin and it made me pucker like Lahey (RIP).

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
Behold! For I bring good news. The most delicious gin ever made by man. However, perhaps I am a liar, as such a liquid could not come from man but only from the breast of Venus herself.

1751 Gin Lane Victorian Pink Gin
View attachment 1596299
Infused with bitters, mild and smooth. A gentle kiss in comparison to the harsh flavors of London Dry gins.
A guy I watch on Youtube for cocktail history videos says that smells like fish.

Tags
None