Containment Giving Chris Money Debate Thread - it's about ethics in giving exceptional individuals money

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RADICALGOBLIN

I PUT THAT 'MON IN A CAMEL CLUTCH, MAKE HIM HUMBLE
kiwifarms.net
Because people like to see others mad.
Chris gets mad when he doesn't get all the money he wants
and tryhards will get mad because they're tryhards.

Medley

kiwifarms.net
I think it has to do with just the number of people who are aware of him. Even if only 0.1% of them are willing to give him money, that could still be 50+ people. 50 people throwing 5 bucks at a guy on his command is more than enough to crowd fund someones life style. Remember that him and his mother also get welfare so bills are all taken care of one way or another. The chandlers get by very very comfortably. They just play up the financial problems to sucker people into giving them money

Last edited:

BadaBadaBoom

This is The End, beautiful friend.
kiwifarms.net
It's like, you know when you are on Bandcamp or something and they offer the album for free but you can donate something to the artist? It's like that. Chris' comedy of errors has kept people genuinely entertained for over a decade and sometimes you just wanna toss a little something his way. I've spent money on less interesting things TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.