Careercow Glinner / Graham Linehan - Disgraced Comedian, Mentally Ill to the point of worrying his Family, Hypocritical Misogynist, TERF ANTIFA Quasimodo Doppelganger w/ One Ball & Hateboner for GAMERS/Trump/Brexit/Count Dankula; #ThanksGraham

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

Calculus

kiwifarms.net
So what's in Glinner's box?

A lost Father Ted special? His aborted baby's remains? A t-shirt plastered with Glinner's face?

box.png

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's kinda sad that Father Ted and Black Books were written by such an awkward loser.
It wasn't just Black books and Father Ted, he also did the IT Crowd and Count Arthur Strong... He was always a bit of a dick, but the only arguement that can be made for him being a loser is that he refused to kowtow to a bunch of mentally ill troons for the sake of his career.

Pee Cola

Ghana's number one carbonated beverage
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It wasn't just Black books and Father Ted, he also did the IT Crowd and Count Arthur Strong...
I enjoyed The IT Crowd, even though it was basically Black Books 2.0 (albeit in different surroundings). I really liked BB, but rehashing the same formula so soon seemed a bit lazy to me.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I enjoyed The IT Crowd, even though it was basically Black Books 2.0 (albeit in different surroundings). I really liked BB, but rehashing the same formula so soon seemed a bit lazy to me.
I'm not sure the formula for Black Books and The IT Crowd were the same.

Black Books' comedy was centralised around Manny's happy go lucky personality clashing with the misanthropic Bernard, whereas IT Crowd was centred around Jen and the lads forming some weird social circle based around their strengths.

Trig.Point

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually quite liked the way Black Books was retired after 18 episodes.. The set ups are different though, he needed The IT Crowd to do a scene like this.

Chaos Theorist

It would be spiteful To put jellyfish in a trifle
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if Moran and Linehan got on during the filming of Black Books.

Pee Cola

Ghana's number one carbonated beverage
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually quite liked the way Black Books was retired after 18 episodes.. The set ups are different though, he needed The IT Crowd to do a scene like this.

That scene is a classic. It still doesn't alter the fact that the three protagonists were basically pulled straight from BB viz. surly Irishman, awkward dude, awkward chick but with a higher status than the other two. Although tbf Glinner did change the awkward chick's hair colour and made the awkward dude the Irishman's peer rather than his dogsbody, so there's that.

I'd go as far as to say that it was really the other regular characters (Denholm, Douglas and Richmond) that made the show rather than Bernard, Manny and Fran Roy, Moss and Jen.
I wonder if Moran and Linehan got on during the filming of Black Books.
Even if they did, it'd be impossible to tell as they both seem to be miserable feckers.

I used to think that Bernard Black was 100% Dylan, although now I'm leaning towards 70/30 Dylan/Glinner.

Last edited:

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
North Ireland? Did he piss off old members of the Real IRA, I'm sure their kids would be more than happy to prank call the police? Careful Linehan, New IRA is back to being active.
The IRA and its splinters are mostly pretty macho dudes, I doubt they give a flying fuck about trannies.

Clem Fandango

Can you hear me?
kiwifarms.net
He properly told them to fuck off. They can email him with any questions, and he can either ignore it outright or answer after advice from counsel, which will probably be to ignore it. Fucking pig cops.
I feel like only in the UK would the police try using politeness to get you to implicate yourself in a crime.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The IRA and its splinters are mostly pretty macho dudes, I doubt they give a flying fuck about trannies.
He could have pissed them off in some other way. He's a very unlikeable person.

I feel like only in the UK would the police try using politeness to get you to implicate yourself in a crime.
RCMP used to do that.

Trig.Point

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He properly told them to fuck off. They can email him with any questions, and he can either ignore it outright or answer after advice from counsel, which will probably be to ignore it. Fucking pig cops.
He really can't. The next step that the Police can take, and completely off their own bat is to arrest him and force him to attend an interview.

Unless he has a very good solicitor who'll attend out of hours then he'll have to sit through the interview only getting a phone call with the 'Duty Solicitor'. This is typically a solicitor that is completely beholding to the Police for his income.

There's no longer a right to remain silent in the UK. If he refuses to answer a question, and the CPS does decide to prosecute, they can ask the court that any statement he makes after that initial interview be ignored.

I think Glinner is financially hard up at the moment, if he had a good Solicitor... Then I suspect Glinner would have agreed to attend the interview with him in tow.

Last edited: