Global Supply Chain Crisis 2021: Megathread - A cozy thread for watching the supply chain fall apart just in time for the holidays

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

Should the title be re-worded to expand the scope of the thread?

• The US Trucking Crisis of 2021 works fine

Votes: 25 9.4%
  • The US Logistics Crisis of 2021

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • The US Transportation Crisis of 2021

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • The US Supply Chain Crisis of 2021

Votes: 35 13.1%
  • Global Supply Chain Crisis 2021

Votes: 206 77.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry David's Opera Cape

Some people call me Maurice
kiwifarms.net
Had to actually go inside Target today, first time in months. Oof. They've been hit hard. I had seen a lot of photos around the country from Targets and wondered if mine would be just as bad and it sure was. The grocery section (pretty sizeable in this location) was wiped. Milk case almost stripped entirely bare. Produce had just been very artfully arranged to cover a lot of bare space (I saw the employee leaving with his cart.) Frozen food had more empty slots than full ones, and a guy was out with a cart trying to spread out what was there to look better. Cereal, crackers, all that boxed stuff was pretty wiped too.

The toy section was looking really bad and the cold remedy aisle was out of almost every variety of meds. The only part of the store that looked normal was the clothing.

TheSkoomer

Ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah
kiwifarms.net
My local discount stores are out of many of the usual items.

Can't find bottled starbucks.
Can't find honey.
Can't find more than one or two types of soda.
Limited selection of canned meats.
Limited selection of canned beans.
Limited selections of concentrated liquid sodium canned soup.
When they're out of a few items, they just fill an entire aisle with something they have too much of. Leading to entire sections that are just one item.

Anyways.

I predict that as more normies *notice* that there are shortages, they will start hoarding too, which makes the shelves more bare, which makes more notice, which makes more start hoarding, which makes the shelves more bare, which makes more start to notice, and suddenly the feedback loop spirals out of control and it's as if they all notice at once; and then the true shopping/hoarding frenzy begins.

I hope to see absolute panic and chaos, while I sit in my anime masturbation basement and watch the show.

Not that there's anything wrong with hoarding, but do it when times are good, so you can pick and choose what you stock up on, and don't have to compete with the niggercattle who were too fucking stupid to prep.

HTTP Error 404

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Targets here have definitely seen better days. Also, for some bizarre reason, Target decided to remodel and reorganize a bunch of their stores just as the Coof was starting to hit. So now there's a bunch of these stores with half-assed remodels under way. it looks awful and isn't welcoming at all.
Does a great job of covering up stock shortages, though.

contradiction of terns

I have no egrets
kiwifarms.net
This is from a while back, but...

Local Deathfats on suicide watch.

shortages.jpg

FAQnews Correspondent

FAQnews: The Most Trusted Name in News
kiwifarms.net

Lorne Armstrong

Do you like my penis more, or my balls more? LOL
kiwifarms.net
My local discount stores are out of many of the usual items.

Can't find bottled starbucks.
Can't find honey.
Can't find more than one or two types of soda.
Limited selection of canned meats.
Limited selection of canned beans.
Limited selections of concentrated liquid sodium canned soup.
When they're out of a few items, they just fill an entire aisle with something they have too much of. Leading to entire sections that are just one item.

Anyways.

I predict that as more normies *notice* that there are shortages, they will start hoarding too, which makes the shelves more bare, which makes more notice, which makes more start hoarding, which makes the shelves more bare, which makes more start to notice, and suddenly the feedback loop spirals out of control and it's as if they all notice at once; and then the true shopping/hoarding frenzy begins.

I hope to see absolute panic and chaos, while I sit in my anime masturbation basement and watch the show.

Not that there's anything wrong with hoarding, but do it when times are good, so you can pick and choose what you stock up on, and don't have to compete with the niggercattle who were too fucking stupid to prep.
If you can’t find honey, try the local feed&seed, (seriously, mom&pop feed stores tend to carry locally-produced honey as well as fresh eggs).

JustSomeDong

My own dark side lower companion...
kiwifarms.net
If you can’t find honey, try the local feed&seed, (seriously, mom&pop feed stores tend to carry locally-produced honey as well as fresh eggs).
I fucking love honey. Find a local beekeeper, or even start an apiary yourself! One of my buddies started with 10k bees a couple years ago and is now up to 40k. Fresh local honey is amazing.

Bakarina

kiwifarms.net
The two Targets in my town (both at opposite ends of the highway) have been hit hard as well, but with different things. Except toilet paper, they never recouped from the initial toilet paper crisis of 2020. You have to reserve it online and do pick up (though they just might not be putting it on the shelf). Meat is triple the price compared to everywhere else as well. Half of produce was wiped out as well but I was able to get a few things. Was able to get more flour though as that's been hit or miss for a while.

Walmart was better stocked on fresh produce but most of it looked sad and about to go bad. Aldi was hit pretty hard too.

I didn't take any photos because of how busy everything was. Just wanted to do the shopping and get out of dodge.

naaaaiiiiillllll!!!

Null thought I was British, lol (HYPE NFT NULLIES)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Went to two grocery stores yesterday and they both looked pretty good but for a few things. One had no onions or spaghetti noodles and the other had big gaps in the cracker, sports drink, cat food, and cold medicine sections. Meat section was mostly fine.

Pictures of second store:
View attachment 2881402
1642096501868.jpeg

Slight OT but this kind of popcorn has been a bitch and a half to find in my grocery stores and big box/Walmart-type places. It sucks because this is the best damn microwave popcorn I can find (growing up on the typical bagged popcorn almost made me give up on home popcorn). I’m happy to see your Soviet-esque bare stores at least have good popcorn overflowing.

Last edited:

Oppressed By Corn Flakes

Will Kellogg's reign of terror ever end?
kiwifarms.net
I would have posted this pic a few months ago when it was taken, but I wasn't aware of this thread. It's a snap of the prepackaged deli meats at a Wal-Mart near me. Scary!
Wal-Mart has been like that for years and why I immediately disregard pics from Wal-Mart about it. It just is how it normally is and not reflective of a supply shortage.

Kuritan Deplorable

kiwifarms.net
My store was pretty good just now, with one notable exception - Completely out of normal bell peppers. Only stock available was some local organic hothouse grown ones, instead of the usual import ones. At over 2x the price of the regular, which themselves have been up 20% since this time last year. The starbucks in that location seems to be getting worse though - it was rare for them to have half their food in stock before, and the menu usually one 1-2 red stickers of sold out - now its consistently 3-4, including the seasonals, and I've just given up asking about the banana bread.

naaaaiiiiillllll!!!

Null thought I was British, lol (HYPE NFT NULLIES)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These are just small shortages so far.

Not Stalin type starvation. You can last a week without a specific spice can't you?
Depends on which spice.

On topic, nothing major shortage-wise in my part of coastal SoCal (yes, point and laugh that I chose to live here for the next few years) that hasn’t been mentioned (Gatorade and Soda seems to get stocked and wiped out constantly — aisles looked different after 12 hours). Interestingly, the cheap ass Imperial margarine has been gone for over 2 weeks now. Actual butter is available though — maybe it’s time for me to upgrade (people give me weird looks when I buy margarine).

George Lucas

Hentai with Chinese Characteristics
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2884170
Slight OT but this kind of popcorn has been a bitch and a half to find in my grocery stores and big box/Walmart-type places. It sucks because this is the best damn microwave popcorn I can find (growing up on the typical bagged popcorn almost made me give up on home popcorn). I’m happy to see your Soviet-esque bare stores at least have good popcorn overflowing.

Learn how to make popcorn on the stove. It’s better and way cheaper.

Depends on which spice.

On topic, nothing major shortage-wise in my part of coastal SoCal (yes, point and laugh that I chose to live here for the next few years) that hasn’t been mentioned (Gatorade and Soda seems to get stocked and wiped out constantly — aisles looked different after 12 hours). Interestingly, the cheap ass Imperial margarine has been gone for over 2 weeks now. Actual butter is available though — maybe it’s time for me to upgrade (people give me weird looks when I buy margarine).

Margarine is very unhealthy. I really recommend switching to butter for your own health.

OrangeJuliusEvola

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it sucks when the store isn’t totally sold out BUT they’re sold out of the store brand so the only choice you have is do without or pay the inflated premium price for the brand name.

As far as the eggs go, and I’m being absolutely serious here, look into keeping a few chickens in your backyard if you can possibly do so. 4-5 chickens is all you’d need to keep a family of 4 in all the eggs they’d need. Chickens have to mature to around 6 months of age before they start laying but once they do you’ll get 5-6 eggs a week out of each. After a few years when their production slows down, buy 5 new chicks, raise them up, and once the new girls are producing you process the old ones and stick them in the freezer for soups/stews/chicken&dumplings down the road.

As far as salads go, now’s the time to be planning on planting a garden in the spring. Not saying you can grow everything you eat, but everything you grow is one less thing you have to pay for.
Or buy a rooster and produce more chicks for your own use and resale with the hens you have.

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Depends on which spice.

That's funny, margarine is all anyone eats here. There's legit like 20 different brands even at small grocery stores, and butter is relegated to this little shelf at the top, where it's only in sticks and people only use it for baking. I never knew it was so uncommon to use margarine in other places until I read your post and googled it.

Last edited: