Global Supply Chain Crisis 2021: Megathread - A cozy thread for watching the supply chain fall apart just in time for the holidays

Should the title be re-worded to expand the scope of the thread?

• The US Trucking Crisis of 2021 works fine

Votes: 25 9.4%
  • The US Logistics Crisis of 2021

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • The US Transportation Crisis of 2021

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • The US Supply Chain Crisis of 2021

Votes: 35 13.1%
  • Global Supply Chain Crisis 2021

Votes: 206 77.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big ups liquid richard

kiwifarms.net
@big ups liquid richard we're going to need your expertise here. Can anybody ever stop Bernie Gores reign of terror? Will the shout outs ever cease?
I thought someone already brought him to justice, but I guess he fooled the world once again.
1653190537928.png

The only one who can stop him now is Sean Ranklin.

HTTP Error 404

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cross quoting from the Biden thread.

Hold on to your butts! Massive diesel shortage incoming!
View attachment 3306576
View attachment 3306579
View attachment 3306582

DOT sent out an alert 2 days ago that Dayton and Cincinnati are out of Diesel. Completely out. Warning to gas up before entering Ohio.

A few weeks ago, they sent out warnings that there are spot outages in GA, NC, SC, VA, MD, PA, NY, and NJ, and to gas up before entering those states. Those warnings are still valid as of today, I hear.

If the East side of the US runs out of Diesel, that means no deliveries to anything, including more Diesel. No Amazon deliveries. No UPS. No normal gas. No food.

Worse, fixing this problem will require Diesel be used from other regions (Central / Mountain / West Coast), which also are running out of Diesel themselves. Plus, thanks to lefty ecofascists there's an emissions chip in trucks that require the trucks use some supplement... which comes primarily from Russia. Oh, and that chip is made in China, and is out of stock everywhere and has been for most of a year now.

In short, once the East runs out of gas, expect it to spread throughout the US stupidly fast. And without Diesel, you'll start seeing towns, especially the big cities, running out of food in days. And I fully expect the left's pets to remain calm and civilized in a situation like this and not start rioting and robbing what little resources are left or anything like that.

Last edited:

introvertedobserver

kiwifarms.net
Cross quoting from the Biden thread.

DOJ sent out an alert 2 days ago that Dayton and Cincinnati are out of Diesel. Completely out. Warning to gas up before entering Ohio.

A few weeks ago, they sent out warnings that there are spot outages in GA, NC, SC, VA, MD, PA, NY, and NJ, and to gas up before entering those states. Those warnings are still valid as of today, I hear.

If the East side of the US runs out of Diesel, that means no deliveries to anything, including more Diesel. No Amazon deliveries. No UPS. No normal gas. No food.

Worse, fixing this problem will require Diesel be used from other regions (Central / Mountain / West Coast), which also are running out of Diesel themselves. Plus, thanks to lefty ecofascists there's an emissions chip in trucks that require the trucks use some supplement... which comes primarily from Russia. Oh, and that chip is made in China, and is out of stock everywhere and has been for most of a year now.

In short, once the East runs out of gas, expect it to spread throughout the US stupidly fast. And without Diesel, you'll start seeing towns, especially the big cities, running out of food in days. And I fully expect the left's pets to remain calm and civilized in a situation like this and not start rioting and robbing what little resources are left or anything like that.
There'll be rationing before there's a complete outage.

People who own diesel trucks non-commercially will be fucked, they'll be lucky to get enough to get home from the gas station. Gas and food'll get the most rations, Amazon and other home deliveries will get the least. Prices of all the things will further skyrocket, and I suspect right around that time is when the Fed'll overcorrect and trigger a 70's style style recession.

If we're lucky, the housing market will just cool and not crash again (derivatives aren't at play this time, thankfully) otherwise that recession could turn into a full out depression.

teriyakiburns

I'm a really big fan of Bill Murray
kiwifarms.net
Diesel is £1.74 a litre at my local asda. It was 1.99 on the motorway services a few days ago, so it's likely gone over 2 now. That would be approximately 9.50 - 10 an imperial gallon, which is significantly larger than a US gallon. So far the price is acting to keep supplies relatively fluid.

I was fairly blasé about the issue a few days back, because we do produce a lot of our own diesel, while the rest is imported from a variety of sources. Unfortunately, one of those sources is the US. I don't know how much of our diesel comes from there; the ONS doesn't break down the stats to that level, beyond saying 56% of our fuel distilates comes from ROW. Most of that is probably the Arabs. But combine whatever the US produces with the ~14% that comes from Russia, and that could be anything up to a quarter of our fuel imports disappearing. Still. Could be worse.

The fuel pump was running slow when I tanked up today, probably to avoid price shock at how fast the numbers tick over. Half the pumps had out of order signs on the diesel pump, too.

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net

tehpope

Wig Out | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well shit, of course its a dude who looks like a soyboy to boot. That is not the face of a man who cares about or understands the purpose of children.
Yeah the guy deserves whatever happens to him. But that scalping is going to become worse if a depression hits and people either buy whole stocks from uncaring corpos or use government connections to take over shipments.

HTTP Error 404

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The DoJ is the “Department of Justice”. Why would they be sending out warnings about diesel shortages and not DoT or FEMA or some other agency that deals in transportation issues or managing emergencies?
Sorry, obviously meant DoT. At least, I think that's where those notifications come from? Could be some trucker network or trucker company I don't know about, but I thought it was DoT.

Jimbobaggins

You know... The thing!
kiwifarms.net
I work stocking shelves for a midwestern grocery store. We have a hard time keeping things like pasta, pasta sauce, canned chicken, cheez-its and somehow Gatorade in stock. We usually get a shit ton of those each night but it's still not enough. Its always gone the next day. But some reason we have a whole pallet of just 3 flavors of Gatorade. Things like Chef Boyardee, ketchup, canned vegetables, beans, box rice, juice, coffee, Sweet Baby Rays, V8, and some Cereals are also pretty empty too, though not as bad as the others.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
NGL this is the sort of silly story i'd see in The Outer Worlds, its absurd. the economy shit the bed so fast that the company that makes ice decided it was financially more viable to decrease the size to an uneven amount than increase the price. ice is now 20% harder to come by. Beyond that you buy ice so often that not only did you notice the change but also now feel justified buying an ice maker, a $150 dollar purchase, because it costs you 25% per capita buying ice from the store

to be fair, germany has been teaching the last 70 years that the "old ways" if thinking are evil and absurd and lead to bad outcomes. you're lucky they called you a peasant larper and not a nazi.

no? but that'll never happen around here. too many elites around, they know there would be quite a lot of people willing to siphon their gas first if shit hit the fan that badly. theres never truely a gas shortage either, there's just an affordable gas shortage. if you're willing to pay $9/gal and have the numbers, you can just straight up order a tank truck to come by, not many places need or can use approx. 200 barrels of gas though. outside of say delivery companies, its not worth it to most places/businesses, and it would be insane for any civilian to do considering gas lasts like a month.

Having said that, if i were a smart business owner, that would be a newly added benefit for working here. I know companies reimburse for travel to and from work and will pay for bus passes and subway cards. This would just be taking it to the next logical conclusion.
It's gotten so bad that I've been forced to buy eggs 90 at a time a half case why? Because it's now a dollar a dozen cheaper to do it that way. Eggs in the midwest were constantly 95 cents a dozen 2 years ago
Now there 4 dollar a dozen. I'm not one to normally sperg out about Doom and Gloom I don't think things are getting better. I asked my 95 year old Baba Yaga if she ever experienced empty food shelves in America and she said not even during the Great Depression/WW2 did she hear about or see food storages and empty stores.

I've also noticed that Sam's Club by about the second week of the month they're almost completely depleted of basic supplies even bananas and inventory doesn't return until nearly the first of the month

Hippopatumus

kiwifarms.net
Name and product link please and thanks because there seems to be a suspicious lack of coolers in my area as well as refrigerators and freezers
I did a fair amount of research on this a while back and got this Whynter model: https://www.amazon.com/Whynter-FM-45G-45-Quart-Portable-Refrigerator/dp/B002W8BLUG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=O8DK7FWJUN3C&keywords=whynter+fridge&qid=1653328054&sprefix=whynter+fridge,aps,170&sr=8-3

There are more gucci models that target the Yeti crowd, but these seem to have all the same capabilities at a better price. The build quality is astounding.

I bought mine for car camping but never got around to it, but it's been useful for when we take weekend trips where we want to bring food with us. I would plug it in and load it up the night before and we could depart in the morning on a road trip. Useful if you have to drive a long way to get groceries too.

I put a deep cycle battery in my 4runner and ran a lower gauge wire to the outlet in the back to run it, but none of that is strictly necessary. A normal car will run it as-is you just need to run the engine more often to top off the battery.

Throw that in the cart with a 100w solar panel and a 100ah deep cycle battery. Run you about a grand and you can run the freezer indefinitely.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
I did a fair amount of research on this a while back and got this Whynter model: https://www.amazon.com/Whynter-FM-45G-45-Quart-Portable-Refrigerator/dp/B002W8BLUG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=O8DK7FWJUN3C&keywords=whynter+fridge&qid=1653328054&sprefix=whynter+fridge,aps,170&sr=8-3

There are more gucci models that target the Yeti crowd, but these seem to have all the same capabilities at a better price. The build quality is astounding.

I bought mine for car camping but never got around to it, but it's been useful for when we take weekend trips where we want to bring food with us. I would plug it in and load it up the night before and we could depart in the morning on a road trip. Useful if you have to drive a long way to get groceries too.

I put a deep cycle battery in my 4runner and ran a lower gauge wire to the outlet in the back to run it, but none of that is strictly necessary. A normal car will run it as-is you just need to run the engine more often to top off the battery.

Throw that in the cart with a 100w solar panel and a 100ah deep cycle battery. Run you about a grand and you can run the freezer indefinitely.
Thanks I got one in the cart right now I think I'm going to blow my tax return refund on it

Kvervandi

World's Most Racist Cartoon Caterpillar
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I noticed that potatoes have gone up in price and the stores around me are often out of frozen potato products. Today, Safeway had a sign saying that due to supply shortages and difficulties, they were probably going to be out of potatoes like this for fair bit.

Potatoherder

kiwifarms.net
I noticed that potatoes have gone up in price and the stores around me are often out of frozen potato products. Today, Safeway had a sign saying that due to supply shortages and difficulties, they were probably going to be out of potatoes like this for fair bit.
I have noticed the quality of potato products have dropped considerably. Multiple bags of name brand frozen french fries have ended up in the compost pile. We have stopped buying most frozen potato products as a result.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
Current list of items out of stock at Sam's Club
I have noticed the quality of potato products have dropped considerably. Multiple bags of name brand frozen french fries have ended up in the compost pile. We have stopped buying most frozen potato products as a result.
A lot of tomato products especially canned seem to be Vanishing off the shelves. I also noticed pancake mix and mushrooms