Glutinous products and the stuff that pretends to be gluten. -

Idonttrustlikethat

kiwifarms.net
Some people despise the stuff, like bread and that whole thang, what are peoples opinions? I fuckin love any type of gluteny food, which maybe you remember my pizza thread, i also love cheese it's good shit, oh and that non gluten stuff that does what gluten does seems way better these days.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Had a roommate who had issues with wheat gluten.
Only "gluten free!" product that didn't immediately make me want to kill myself was Aldi's gfree spiral noodles. Mostly rice flour I think, didn't use corn, still held their consistency, and worked really shockingly well mixed in the paprikashes and other sauce heavy dishes.

Jeffrey Epstein

kiwifarms.net
Well, certain things like natural breads with less bad shit in them won't usually give me an issue, but even certain gluten free things give me an issue. Grains just shouldn't be eaten frequently throughout your day probably. More processed foods are probably going to be more of an issue than simple foods. Also I think you could help the gut biome with other foods to digest breads better probably. I don't think I have it as bad as I used to, but if I eat absolute garbage like shitty sugar cookies or betty crocker shit then I'm going to have more issues with inflammation and digestion. (There's a book called brain grain and I think that certain foods trigger brain inflaming for some at least).

DuckSucker

kiwifarms.net
Well, certain things like natural breads with less bad shit in them won't usually give me an issue, but even certain gluten free things give me an issue. Grains just shouldn't be eaten frequently throughout your day probably. More processed foods are probably going to be more of an issue than simple foods. Also I think you could help the gut biome with other foods to digest breads better probably. I don't think I have it as bad as I used to, but if I eat absolute garbage like shitty sugar cookies or betty crocker shit then I'm going to have more issues with inflammation and digestion. (There's a book called brain grain and I think that certain foods trigger brain inflaming for some at least).
I dont have a problem with gluten or grain products, but I do remember reading about "the Mediterranean diet" and how people live relatively well on it, and they eat a lot of grain products and starch, the difference being they eat sourdough bread rather than the more processed sort of loaf breads. Something about the sourdough culture having a bunch of other microorganisms in it that helps your gut biome or whatever, and as well as the sourdough pH being ideally acidic enough that it does sort of affect gluten I think.

Im not one for that "organic is better", but that did make me wonder if the more natural way of leavening bread might be a factor -- just flour, water, salt, and yeast. I dunno it's something Ive wondered about.

Chive Turkey

kiwifarms.net
Im not one for that "organic is better", but that did make me wonder if the more natural way of leavening bread might be a factor -- just flour, water, salt, and yeast. I dunno it's something Ive wondered about.
It's not so much 'organic is better' but 'the less processing, the better' as a general rule of thumb. A simple sourdough made with whole grain flour is likely to produce more nutritious and healthy bread than a refined white flour one with a whole bunch of additives tossed in. The act of removing and adding nutrients of ingredients through processing is often as important as the pedigree of those ingredients.

Autumnal Equinox

Dance with me, Kiwis!
kiwifarms.net
Most people whining about gluten don't actually have Celiac disease. They're just mindless followers clip-clopping along to what Dr. Oz instructs them to believe.

• Agree
Reactions: XYZpdq
Tags
None