Law Good Samaritan spends two weeks in a maximum security prison after woman whose car he helped fix falsely accused him of indecent assault - But Women Never Lie About Sexual Assault, Right?

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
No just that Altruism towards your own group is beneficial for you in longer term. but altruism towards different group is not. Altruism isnt weakness when Its pack that actually sticks together, but otherwise its weakness.
Alright, so I want to make sure I understand you before I put words in your mouth: in this case, the "different group" is women, correct? So you're suggesting being altruistic towards women is weakness?

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Hey, maybe you shouldn't automatically hate and distrust 50% of the population based on their sex just because of a few crazy bitches."
"REEEEE, MODS, THREADBAN THIS ASSHOLE AND PROTECT MY ECHO CHAMBER"

Man, I love Articles and Happenings. Such a great place for discussion.
That's half the reason that it's so much fun. It's an unmitigated disaster a good 70% of the time, and you usually don't end up having to look at nude pictures of people with mental disabilities. A&H is my favorite board because it's such a shouting tournament, and because I'd probably get shoved into a locker with an atomic wedgie if I tried to rant about politics in any other sub-forum.

Club Sandwich

kiwifarms.net
His father lies murdered yet his first concern is over the (false) sexual assault accusation
admittedly, in many policies, being convicted of a felony can void your life insurance policy and/or death benefits, leaving the family with a rather large bill or bills to deal with - with fewer and fewer families having any savings, this can present a significant set back, enough to damage a generation's chances at a better life with the money lost.
Gotta admit I'm not entirely sure why dudes take stories like this weirdly personally.
while it's moronic to both vilify an entire group for the actions of a few significant outliers and to absolve your own group's sins because of your own experiences; many men can speak poorly of many women because it comes from one of a few precious places of vulnerability that men are exposed to.

i liken it to most men suddenly having a very real inkling of what growing up as a teenage girl is like: where you are barraged by all kinds of sexual assault stories and cautions and warnings and told you're a victim (either already, or will soon be).

and its a really scary thing that really happens.

but it isn't even remotely common, and the chances of rolling that cosmic dice roll and having them come up snake eyes is pretty damn small. it doesn't make the roll itself and the possibility that it can and does happen any less scary.

what people seem to forget though, is that, ultimately, you can choose to roll the dice or not via how you insulate yourself from the possibility of danger. too much insulation and you're a hermit, a shut-in. too little and you're needlessly vulnerable, taking risks and "inviting" danger. as with many things in life, there's a balance that most people (men and women) figure out and that, beyond numbers, people have bigger things to worry about than you specifically, and that taking steps to protect yourself (from men who will rape you or women who will level a false rape accusation) does not instantly mean you hate one or the other, or that you must never opt to roll the dice ever.

help people when it's safe to do so and use your senses and reasoning skills to determine your level of exposure to liability. nutters like the woman in the OP's post are out there in tiny numbers, but it would be irrational to purposely exclude yourself from humanity based on those numbers.

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's half the reason that it's so much fun. It's an unmitigated disaster a good 70% of the time, and you usually don't end up having to look at nude pictures of people with mental disabilities. A&H is my favorite board because it's such a shouting tournament, and because I'd probably get shoved into a locker with an atomic wedgie if I tried to rant about politics in any other sub-forum.
I like A&H because we get to talk about shit that would get you banned all over the internet, freely. Without censorship, without filtration, just 100% naked fucking argument. I can't post nearly anything I write on Kiwi Farms anywhere else. Even if I had a blog with no ads, I'm sure it'd get brigaded and taken down, with people trying to dox me. And even here you still can't talk 100% freely, because people are watching you. Allegedly, even me, just an innocent shit poster, have caught the attention of some people in other places.

When I posted this, I wasn't surprised that this would be sort of controversial, it brought out a lot of pent up shit people can't say anywhere else which caused the nuclear bomb that this was. And people should be free to say what they want. No matter what it is. I'm an absolutist, so even if you're a dumb faggot, you should be allowed to speak. Even if what you say is pure faggotry.

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like A&H because we get to talk about shit that would get you banned all over the internet, freely. Without censorship, without filtration, just 100% naked fucking argument. I can't post nearly anything I write on Kiwi Farms anywhere else. Even if I had a blog with no ads, I'm sure it'd get brigaded and taken down, with people trying to dox me. And even here you still can't talk 100% freely, because people are watching you. Allegedly, even me, just an innocent shit poster, have caught the attention of some people in other places.

When I posted this, I wasn't surprised that this would be sort of controversial, it brought out a lot of pent up shit people can't say anywhere else which caused the nuclear bomb that this was. And people should be free to say what they want. No matter what it is. I'm an absolutist, so even if you're a dumb faggot, you should be allowed to speak. Even if what you say is pure faggotry.
iunno about controversial, people get arrested for shit they didn't do all the time. and get let go, or wait in jail for a trial, etc.
that's a pretty common experience it seems.

I agree with @Club Sandwich - women have a ton of rules to keep themselves safe, men seem shocked that they might also need some. pretty sure everyone needs them, though.

• Dumb
Reactions: shartshooter

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's the problem. With that equality and the lack of due process and instant justice we've somehow become so fond of, the entire country becomes Title IX'd. Everyone is going to pre-emptively report each other for harassment because it promotes this atmosphere of paranoia where you basically can't trust anyone if you do anything remotely inappropriate. It'd be even worse than it is now, because you know how many vindictive men would do the same to women when they see articles like this? Holy shit. it'd be a living nightmare. I am in a Title IX environment. Believe me, you may think you want the same rules for men, but you really fucking don't.

It's like you're shot and you think digging around your open wound with a Bowie Knife for the bullet is the answer. Its just going to get worse. What we really need to do is remove this fucking idiotic concept of firing people, arresting people and not investigating thoroughly beforehand. Due process no matter what the crime. Treat sex crime like it was any other fucking crime. Don't arrest people until you have evidence. And have harsher punishments for people who make up allegations like this. We have to restore sanity, not go even more insane.

Club Sandwich

kiwifarms.net
men seem shocked that they might also need some
its not that men don't have rules to keep themselves safe, it's that those rules are geared towards a completely different kind of threat where it's permissible to "be a man". the rules that polite society expects men to obey - society also expects the complete opposite rules to be obeyed at the same time.

this puts men in a no-win situation if/when they are victimized. think about the converse if it was a man who accused a woman of sexual harassment (a common trope in loser arguments, but look past the surface and realize that it paints a situation where you are forever a victim and can never escape - a situation that women have been inculcated to deal with from a young age for decades (don't wear those clothes, don't walk home alone at night), but is very new to men in general because it's never talked about (real men can't get raped, real men don't take shit from anyone).

not to say that there isn't a reasonable middle-ground, or that women don't have their own yoke to carry (look at the ancient madonna/whore dicotomy or the entirety of the beauty/fashion industry) with that exact same orientation, but it's a bullshit situation that highlights why both men and women, when faced with particular situations, can emphasize, sympathize, and take it quite personally.

there's also the natural hubris that comes with feeling confident at meeting violence with your own violence. women generally do not have that - instead a combination of societal pressure and biology conditions most women to acquiesce and hope to survive or to rely on some external assistance rather than themselves.

that is a significant difference because in polite society, it generally isn't a hot idea to punch your false rape accusations away whereas that works reasonably well for muggers, random provocateurs, or some guy trying to pick up on your SO.

in the end, as i explained earlier, IMHO the best approach is to take a measurement of your liability and the situation and the real risk (not your perception of that risk, but one based on evidence rather than opinion) and make a determination that you, personally, can live with - to help a fellow human being in trouble, pain or danger, possibly at your own peril, because the attempt in and of itself is the good thing to do.

Last edited:

BigRuler

lmao bottom text
kiwifarms.net
I agree with @Club Sandwich - women have a ton of rules to keep themselves safe, men seem shocked that they might also need some. pretty sure everyone needs them, though.
pretty big difference to keeping yourself safe from random criminals, where approaches like 'dont walk through the ghetto alone at night' are viable countermeasures, and self defense is always an option.
dealing with the justice system doesn't work like that. you can't avoid or run from the cops (well technically you can, but you effectively lose your existence and become a wanted outlaw for the rest of your life), and fighting them is out of the question, too.

these comparisons are beyond exceptional and autistic.

CaesarCzech

kiwifarms.net
Alright, so I want to make sure I understand you before I put words in your mouth: in this case, the "different group" is women, correct? So you're suggesting being altruistic towards women is weakness?
Can be anything you want. Women men Black People White People. Stop acting like journalist and trying to write something i didnt say.

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
most men suddenly having a very real inkling of what growing up as a teenage girl is like: where you are barraged by all kinds of sexual assault stories and cautions and warnings and told you're a victim (either already, or will soon be).

and its a really scary thing that really happens.

but it isn't even remotely common, and the chances of rolling that cosmic dice roll and having them come up snake eyes is pretty damn small. it doesn't make the roll itself and the possibility that it can and does happen any less scary.
that taking steps to protect yourself (from men who will rape you or women who will level a false rape accusation) does not instantly mean you hate one or the other, or that you must never opt to roll the dice ever.

help people when it's safe to do so and use your senses and reasoning skills to determine your level of exposure to liability. nutters like the woman in the OP's post are out there in tiny numbers, but it would be irrational to purposely exclude yourself from humanity based on those numbers.
this in particular.

Club Sandwich

kiwifarms.net
these comparisons are beyond exceptional and autistic.
you're misreading my stance. i make no direct comparisons about the specific actions taken, only that when a situation arises where there is conflict, men and women have differing rules they are encouraged to follow, and very recently, the set of rules that men follow are more and more resulting in a "no-win" situation. i even directly point that out.

i assume your "dumb" rating for that post was interpreting this differently?

Reactions: cuddle striker

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
Can be anything you want. Women men Black People White People. Stop acting like journalist and trying to write something i didnt say.
I think that viewing every social interaction with a person who isn't the same race, gender, or sexuality as you as a zero-sum game where every kindness you show them is "weakness" is a very antisocial attitude to adopt. I understand the desire to go into siege mentality when under threat, but effectively deciding that the majority of people alive are your enemies, that it's you and your clan against the world and there can be no negotiation isn't healthy.

Unog

You're a nog.
kiwifarms.net
I think that viewing every social interaction with a person who isn't the same race, gender, or sexuality as you as a zero-sum game where every kindness you show them is "weakness" is a very antisocial attitude to adopt. I understand the desire to go into siege mentality when under threat, but effectively deciding that the majority of people alive are your enemies, that it's you and your clan against the world and there can be no negotiation isn't healthy.
Honest question, why do you (or anyone else here, frankly) give a shit if people think that way? The worst you're going to get is a cold shoulder and not know the reason why, and the worst they'll get is a lack of warm relations with specific groups of people. It's not like we're talking about hatred or malice here.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Honest question, why do you (or anyone else here, frankly) give a shit if people think that way? The worst you're going to get is a cold shoulder and not know the reason why, and the worst they'll get is a lack of warm relations with specific groups of people. It's not like we're talking about hatred or malice here.
Personally speaking, my reason is that I don't want a bunch of angry sociopaths walking around on the street, constantly paranoid about all the other groups until they feel the anxious need to "do something" about it.

CaesarCzech

kiwifarms.net
you dont have to create that group based on gender, race etc, you can base it on ideology, class whatever point is helping your own pack altruistically is evolutionary advantegous as englightened self interest. not so with other packs.

BTW total offtopic but any idea what my avatar spontaneously speed up evolution by couple hundred years and changed without me doing anything ?

Unog

You're a nog.
kiwifarms.net
Personally speaking, my reason is that I don't want a bunch of angry sociopaths walking around on the street, constantly paranoid about all the other groups until they feel the anxious need to "do something" about it.
I didn't get that vibe from anyone in the thread except maybe that parsley guy. People saying "you need to be more cautious/careful" doesn't come off that way to me.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I didn't get that vibe from anyone in the thread except maybe that parsley guy. People saying "you need to be more cautious/careful" doesn't come off that way to me.
That's fair, the former is really what I was talking about. The latter is something I agree with, people just need to be careful who they are vulnerable with.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino