Law Good Samaritan spends two weeks in a maximum security prison after woman whose car he helped fix falsely accused him of indecent assault - But Women Never Lie About Sexual Assault, Right?

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Why is every time a news story comes up like this, people lose their collective minds?
It’s basically someone getting fucked over for doing the right thing and the person who fucked it up gets to walk away from it consequence free. Pretty obvious why it would rile someone up.

A similar scenario is when someone claims someone left a sexist or racist comment on the tip line of a check. It ends up being bullshit and the spin then turns to protecting the scumbag. Another example is a CEO who drives a company in the ground, lays everyone off, and then gets a golden parachute and becomes CEO of another company.

Ruin

Big tiddy Nazi GF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're an ass, and I don't think anyone in this thread has even said anything about hating women. People have said "I don't feel safe being alone with a woman I don't know well because of stuff like this."

The fact that you can't address the real arguments instead of strawmen and tangents is because you are here to disrupt productive conversation, which already had actual good faith debate happening.
If everything I say is so wrong why does it make you incredibly angry? My thinking is it's far closer to the truth than you want to admit.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
Except, at least for now, the court system in the US will not convict you of rape just for being a man. However, they probably will convict you if a woman claims you raped her. Why take the risk?

And also, that works both ways. Why would a random woman risk her safety trusting a random dude? Most dudes aren't rapists or murderers, but still, you should keep yourself safe. Would you go to an abandoned location with an unknown person? Yeah, they probably won't do anything bad to you...

There's a difference between keeping yourself safe and psychotically shrieking at everyone. If I scream at every person I see in an alleyway "AHHHH NOOOOO DON'T MUG ME OR RAPE ME STOP ARRRGHGHGH!" I'd be a moron. That doesn't mean I go down alleyways at night with strange people in them. I don't accuse random women of making false rape allegations, but I'd be stupid to ignore the possibility. I would hope sensible women know that despite the fact that accusing every man they ever encounter of being a rapist is idiotic, they should still try to keep themselves safe just in case this particular one is.
So feminists were correct, and you just couldn't see it because the issue didn't affect you? But aren't you forgetting one of the most basic laws of nature - feminists are never right?

Alright, let's look at the math here: I'm going to give you a strong argument and say that the odds of being falsely accused of rape in the US is about the same as winning the Powerball: 1/100000, This would mean that roughly 327 men per day would be falsely accused of sexual assualt and have their lives destroyed. An absurd number, but I'm giving you the strongest argument I can feasibly give you. In that same day, over 10 times that many deaths are caused by the same number of automobiles, not factoring in crippling injuries and other forms of permanent damage. By your own argument, you should completely avoid cars and view them all as death traps much more than you should avoid women. And yet, I suspect you have far less fear about getting into a car than in having a social interaction with the opposite sex.

EDIT:

You aren't MLK, and spitting vitriol at others, while internally satisfying, isn't a great way to ensure your cause grows.
On the topic, what exactly are you doing about this pressing issue? Besides posting about how you can't trust women on a forum dedicated to recording the screams of autists.
327 men win the lottery every day? Why is it an absurd number for false rape accusations but not for the lottery?

It is not an absurd number, it merely looks that way because we don't see the vast majority of lottery winners or false rape accusations. The absurd number is estimating false rape accusations at 1/100000 - the rate of false rape accusations is claimed to be somewhere between 2% and 10% and by the fbi, a shitload more than 0.001% - which you suggest is strongmanning the real number. If I were more suspicious I would assume you used big numbers to obfuscate the issue.

Unog

You're a nog.
kiwifarms.net
If everything I say is so wrong why does it make you incredibly angry? My thinking is it's far closer to the truth than you want to admit.
It's because you're writing people off as incels so that you can disregard their opinions, in an incredibly transparent manner.

It'd be like if I said the only reason you've said what you have so far in the thread is because you're a troon, and by "defending" women it helps you buy into the delusion that you are one.

This whole thread is dumb so far because you're not going to convince anyone out of their preconceived notions on an obscure forum that's mostly used for archiving the lives of freakshows. As far as the guy in the story goes, I can't blame him for not wanting to ever help anyone again, and to be honest that should've been his position from the start.

The common sense phrase:
"Don't go alone with people you don't know."

The reaction per gender:
Women with men: "Duh"
Women with women: "Duh"
Men with men: "Duh"
Men with women: "DUDE ARE YOU A FUCKING HERMIT INCEL WHO IS AFRAID OF WOMEN? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? LOL WHAT AN IDIOT"
This sums up this entire stupid conversation I think.

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
the rate of false rape accusations is claimed to be somewhere between 2% and 10% and by the fbi, a shitload more than 0.001%
I can see where you got confused.
  1. The FBI statistics, I believe, are describing how many accusations out of a pool of all rape accusations filed in a single year are false: in other words, if you randomly select 100 rape accusations, somewhere between 2 and 10 of them are false accusations.
  2. In my example, I am taking the odds of winning the grand prize in my state lottery (which approximates at 1 million, so for every 1 million tickets sold, 1, statistically speaking, is the winner) and applying it to all men indiscriminately. In other words, you have a pool of about 327 million balls, each representing 1 US citizen. You divide these balls into pools of a million each. You draw a ball from each pool, giving you 327 balls. Those are the people falsely accused of rape today.
Two totally different statistical pools.

pwnest injun

Management of Savagery
kiwifarms.net
Everyone's acting like she did it for attention. Seems to me she did it to keep her daddy from being mad at her for wrecking the car. Because how can you be mad at a victim?

Anyway, what a stupid awful piece of shit. Considering how bearing false witness was something that fucking Moses had to put the nix on, we really don't have much penalty for it currently.

Senior Lexmechanic

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, wouldn't want to miss out on such valuable opinions...
Why aren't you assholes threadbanned? You're here for nothing but to derail and make bad faith arguments. Please fuck directly off, or seriously engage.
I had a serious, extended discussion about statistics and political strategy upthread. Does that not count because you don't like me?
I don't think anyone in this thread has even said anything about hating women.
It's about the utter perversity of using an accusation of what society rightly views as one of the more heinous crimes as a convenience for getting out of paying a taxi driver, avoiding telling a significant other that you had actually cheated on them, or just getting attention. The utter trivialization and mockery of the whole damn justice system and the ruin of another human being for personal convenience and/or pleasure. I don't know what the fuck feminists are on about when they claim rape is trivialized by men and a justice system that supposedly serves men - we do our absolute damnedest to try and put these pieces of shit behind bars where they can't hurt people, prosecutors BUILD CAREERS on rape cases, no one with an ounce of sense likes them. And then a false accuser comes along and wagons are circled for the poor dear and YOU AREN'T MAKING THIS ANY EASIER FOR US GOD DAMMIT WE WANT TO HELP AND YOU KEEP FUCKING CUTTING US OFF AT THE KNEES CHRIST

The notion that misogyny is widespread and rampant because of "rape culture" is so utterly hateful that it boggles the mind. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of caring about you. If my reward for honestly wanting you to not be hurt is "misogynist", go to hell. Get raped, get whatever, get out of my face. I don't trust you because I know you'll do it to me, now that I'm an acceptable misogynist target, and you don't even realize you're making your own problems and enemies.
I don't know about you, but the part bolded, while ambiguous, certainly seems like a blatant statement that our friend here has a lot of vitriol regarding women. I completely understand the source of his anger and frustration, but in my opinion at least it's certainly indicative of a combative and rage-filled mindset.

Prompt Critical

apropos-of-nothing
kiwifarms.net
The absurd number is estimating false rape accusations at 1/100000 - the rate of false rape accusations is claimed to be somewhere between 2% and 10% and by the fbi, a shitload more than 0.001% - which you suggest is strongmanning the real number.
The US Air Force commissioned a focused study to examine in detail all rape cases reported to their Office of Special Investigations from 1980 to 1984. 80 of the 330 adjudicated cases (that is, ones that went to trial) were found to be false accusations. For an accusation to be assessed as false required one of the following: alleged victim unequivocally admitted the accusation was false, or alleged victim recanted statements after failing a polygraph test. That's around 27% being demonstrably false, with more than half the remainder falling into a gray area where there was insufficient evidence to convict but neither of the two previous criteria were met to call it a conclusively false accusation.

Most studies that used detailed analysis of a representative sample of cases seem to come out somewhere between 10% on the low end and as high as 40%+ on the high end being demonstrably false.

(This table is from a meta-study "False Allegations of Rape", Rumney, Cambridge Law Journal 2006 if you want to look at the citations and footnotes.)

For comparison's sake, the average false reporting rate for all felonies in the US is generally estimated at around 2%.

Ambidextype

I hope nothing bad happens to her.
kiwifarms.net
I don't know about you, but the part bolded, while ambiguous, certainly seems like a blatant statement that our friend here has a lot of vitriol regarding women. I completely understand the source of his anger and frustration, but in my opinion at least it's certainly indicative of a combative and rage-filled mindset.
I mean sure his second paragraph was completely unnecessary but I really think it's high time the society does something about it not just call angry men misogynists, incel, you know handle the situation with grace and maturity instead getting into shouting match that goes utterly nowhere. I'm not even interested in getting into relationship but I understand how bleak dating environment must be for heterosexual men nowadays. For fuck sake even Johnny Depp couldn't completely escape from false accusation of domestic violence. If celebrities aren't safe from this, for average men dating women is like playing Russian roulette and of course most women cannot sympathise with the issues men have because they don't have to face as much risk like ruining your life and that following haunting you until the rest of your life with dating.

And rape accusation doesn't just hurt only men, it hurts the entire family. Case in point. Link

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
I completely agree with the rest of this, but I don't see how it excuses his behavior. It explains it, certainly, but the reaction to this systemic issue shouldn't be "fuck all women, get raped you cunts".
I realize that paragraph crossed a line. That's where I find myself going at this point. I see this utterly unwinnable Kobayashi fucking Maru and it's only unwinnable because someone else insists on being so exceptional that they won't let a legal system full of people who probably keep a tally of rape convictions as a matter of pride do its job properly, or worse pervert it and destroy anyone's ability to trust its workings and outcomes. The sheer and utter frustration is like an explosion with nowhere to expand, and it's not simply because it hurts me but because it hurts a lot of people for no good reason, including the people abusing the system. If that system collapses or becomes untenably corrupted for whatever reason, what follows will probably be noted by historians as a complete societal breakdown if there are any left alive to record it after the fact. That's how dangerous this kind of fuckery is. A murder is heinous, but it generally doesn't involve an almost HIV-like subversion of society's immune response to dangerous things. And no one really wants to talk about it or address it. I'm not kidding when I say I think this sort of thing becoming more commonplace will lead us down the darkest roads imaginable.

sperginity

defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The guys wife must be a real cunt for divorcing him even after she found out it was a false charge
Just because the guy pulled over to help a woman with her car doesn't make him a good husband (or the right husband for whoever he married). I really doubt a woman who was happy in her marriage would have immediately believed that story and called a divorce attorney. A happy wife would have called a criminal defense attorney. This is the straw that broke the camel's back, I guarantee it.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why aren't you assholes threadbanned? You're here for nothing but to derail and make bad faith arguments. Please fuck directly off, or seriously engage.
"Hey, maybe you shouldn't automatically hate and distrust 50% of the population based on their sex just because of a few crazy bitches."
"REEEEE, MODS, THREADBAN THIS ASSHOLE AND PROTECT MY ECHO CHAMBER"

Man, I love Articles and Happenings. Such a great place for discussion.

Senior Lexmechanic

kiwifarms.net
I realize that paragraph crossed a line. That's where I find myself going at this point. I see this utterly unwinnable Kobayashi fucking Maru and it's only unwinnable because someone else insists on being so exceptional that they won't let a legal system full of people who probably keep a tally of rape convictions as a matter of pride do its job properly, or worse pervert it and destroy anyone's ability to trust its workings and outcomes. The sheer and utter frustration is like an explosion with nowhere to expand, and it's not simply because it hurts me but because it hurts a lot of people for no good reason, including the people abusing the system. If that system collapses or becomes untenably corrupted for whatever reason, what follows will probably be noted by historians as a complete societal breakdown if there are any left alive to record it after the fact. That's how dangerous this kind of fuckery is. A murder is heinous, but it generally doesn't involve an almost HIV-like subversion of society's immune response to dangerous things. And no one really wants to talk about it or address it. I'm not kidding when I say I think this sort of thing becoming more commonplace will lead us down the darkest roads imaginable.
I think your frustration and feelings of helplessness at being unable to change the system on your lonesome is causing you to overestimate the scale and unstoppability of the threat. I remember starting to feel the exact way you did about a decade ago, when a lot of this social justice stuff started really ramping up. As things moved down the line, I became frustrated at how the world seemed to be going mad and all of society was plunging gleefully headlong into it and destroying everything good and just and true in the world. In 2014 I was confident that the next election would end either in a nuclear exchange, the installation of a progressive-fascist dictatorship that would kill me for being white, or a nation-wide race war. I became very emotionally unstable and full of rage; at the world, and at myself. I lashed out at people around me, sometimes physically- even my own parents weren't safe from my ire. Ultimately, I spiraled into a very deep, dark place that I couldn't leave without a huge outside intervention.
But when I emerged back into society, I saw that my dystopian nightmares hadn't happened; in fact, in my area, things had calmed down a lot. I guess the whole experience gives me perspective on how these issues and panics tend to fizzle out and how society is far more interested, at its heart, in tomorrow being mostly like today to self-destruct over virtue signalling.
I've tried to be brief and vague about this for the sake of brevity and not revealing too much about myself, but I'd be willing to go into more detail in private if you want to talk. I think the most important thing is to remember that you aren't alone: a lot of people really do agree with you, and when push comes to shove, they're going to take the right side.

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
I think your frustration and feelings of helplessness at being unable to change the system on your lonesome is causing you to overestimate the scale and unstoppability of the threat. I remember starting to feel the exact way you did about a decade ago, when a lot of this social justice stuff started really ramping up. As things moved down the line, I became frustrated at how the world seemed to be going mad and all of society was plunging gleefully headlong into it and destroying everything good and just and true in the world. In 2014 I was confident that the next election would end either in a nuclear exchange, the installation of a progressive-fascist dictatorship that would kill me for being white, or a nation-wide race war. I became very emotionally unstable and full of rage; at the world, and at myself. I lashed out at people around me, sometimes physically- even my own parents weren't safe from my ire. Ultimately, I spiraled into a very deep, dark place that I couldn't leave without a huge outside intervention.
But when I emerged back into society, I saw that my dystopian nightmares hadn't happened; in fact, in my area, things had calmed down a lot. I guess the whole experience gives me perspective on how these issues and panics tend to fizzle out and how society is far more interested, at its heart, in tomorrow being mostly like today to self-destruct over virtue signalling.
I've tried to be brief and vague about this for the sake of brevity and not revealing too much about myself, but I'd be willing to go into more detail in private if you want to talk. I think the most important thing is to remember that you aren't alone: a lot of people really do agree with you, and when push comes to shove, they're going to take the right side.
It's fine, really. It's been a matter of finding the frustration tolerance to be able to bide my time until things simmer down or reach a moment at which most or all of the tension boils off and people can approach the matter at least somewhat rationally instead of talking past each other and instantly going full defensive about notions being floated back and forth about the nature of responsibility to one's self, the nature of a fair and working judicial system, etc. I'm inclined to think it's a lot of being too close to the "gender war" and shit just piling deeper lately all over the place, too - the more I try to apply a level of critical distance to the issue the more it feels like I'm just handwaving some things away that I swore to never do that with.

In any event, I don't think I'm in the right "headspace" to be tackling this at the moment.

Fek

What could possibly go wrong?
kiwifarms.net
I feel for the guy just like any other person that has to put up with this (or similar) bullshit...however:

Is it so weird to just assess the situation and protect yourself above all others when alone with a stranger? Like this is basic shit, right?

A false positive, and you come off like an asshole. A false negative, and you're..incarcerated, beaten, raped, D E A D, etc.

Why risk the situation if it smells even remotely fishy?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino