Gordon Ramsay Thread - Post/Discuss anything related to Gordon Ramsay

littlearmalite

SPEND THESE THIRTY HOURS GETTIN FREAKAAAAAAAAAY
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gordon is the one human being I'd compare most consistently to a fucking tank. Whenever your local boomer talks about 'pulling yourself up from your bootstraps,' Gordon actually did that shit. And unlike 90 percent of that crowd, he didn't kick the ladder out from under him either. I remember hearing that on Hell's Kitchen he actually hired a couple of servers (and one of the chefs if I'm not mistaken) that he met over the series to work for him instead of in their dead-end shitstack jobs.

Bastard Samurai

Malevolent Force of Nature
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gordon is the one human being I'd compare most consistently to a fucking tank. Whenever your local boomer talks about 'pulling yourself up from your bootstraps,' Gordon actually did that shit. And unlike 90 percent of that crowd, he didn't kick the ladder out from under him either. I remember hearing that on Hell's Kitchen he actually hired a couple of servers (and one of the chefs if I'm not mistaken) that he met over the series to work for him instead of in their dead-end shitstack jobs.
By all accounts he's a really kind person when he's not forced to work with soccer moms and belligerent microwave operators.

King Kobra

Snek
kiwifarms.net
What is you guys' favorite show he has? Personally I'm a fan of Hell's Kitchen because I like to see different chefs talk mad shit then get rolled over during service (and the ensuing drama obviously).
Kitchen Nightmares UK or Gordon's Great Escape: You can see the man behind the meme and it's a pleasant discovery,after all the yelling and cursing of his american shows

Slimy Time

Muscle Bound Monster
kiwifarms.net
What is you guys' favorite show he has? Personally I'm a fan of Hell's Kitchen because I like to see different chefs talk mad shit then get rolled over during service (and the ensuing drama obviously).
In terms of entertainment - UK Kitchen Nightmares. It's not formulaic, is uncensored, and each restaurant has its own issues. This included a restaurant with top produce, a top French chef (who currently holds 1 Michelin star) a great brigade and big money backing it, yet it is failing.

In terms of instructional videos, there are so many. His books are good, simplify and demystify a lot of the bullshit of cooking.

Reactions: Koby_Fish

Water-T

I'm too sexy for my apartment...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
fight off the media and critics who take issue with you being "an asshole" to employees (someone who gets shit done).
The thing many people fail to understand is that the people he's berating are supposed to be professionals that have the experience and knowledge to know better than to serve half-assed product and he's calling them out on that.

When he's working with kids and amateurs on MasterChef, he doesn't yell or scream at them because they're not chefs with years of restaurant work under their belt (and in the case of MasterChef Junior, they're fucking children).

Slimy Time

Muscle Bound Monster
kiwifarms.net
The thing many people fail to understand is that the people he's berating are supposed to be professionals that have the experience and knowledge to know better than to serve half-assed product and he's calling them out on that.

When he's working with kids and amateurs on MasterChef, he doesn't yell or scream at them because they're not chefs with years of restaurant work under their belt (and in the case of MasterChef Junior, they're fucking children).
They are not just professionals, especially when he was at the pass in his restaurants, these boys are meant to be the cream of the crop, working in Michelin starred establishments. The ones who did work under him thrived, many becoming Michelin starred in their own establishment.

• Agree
Reactions: Koby_Fish

MasterDisaster

Beating my meat like everyone's watching.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is you guys' favorite show he has?
Kitchen Nightmares US. He loves tearing into lazy Yankees that cut corners, abuse their staff and blame customers. Ones like the Black Pearl the pretentious owners or the ABC Baking Company are some of the best ones.
I've noticed in clips that he treats servers nicely.
Servers are the life blood of any good restaurant. You can have have great food and atmosphere but it's your servers that keep the place alive.
hired a couple of servers (and one of the chefs if I'm not mistaken)
One of them he hired was actually a convict from his prison show who was finally getting out. Gordon didn't just give him a job, either; they kept checking up on him to make sure he wasn't falling back into old habits. If there's one thing Gordon really tries to help people get over it's drug addiction.

Damn Near

It's lovely to be here, thank you for having me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kitchen Nightmares UK or Gordon's Great Escape: You can see the man behind the meme and it's a pleasant discovery,after all the yelling and cursing of his american shows
Kitchen Nightmares UK is almost just a straight documentary, it's a far more classy affair compared to the American version with the stupid music and zany sound effects. Not that I don't love the US version.

Absolutego

Middleman who didn't do diddly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have mixed feelings about Ramsay because on the one hand I love his obvious dedication and talent when it comes to cooking, but I also hate his culinary style. It's the worst elements of British and French cuisine combined.

Slimy Time

Muscle Bound Monster
kiwifarms.net
I haven't been able to look at him the same way after I read that he allegedly needs to do "poppers" in order to have sex.

Don't know if it's true, but if it is, it worked. He knocked up his wife last year and has another kid.

a feel

Guns don't kill people, troons kill people.
kiwifarms.net
A bit of power-levelling: Gordon Ramsay is one of the reasons I stopped being a useless depressed drunk. I guess I just really needed a guy to yell and scream at people to understand that you need to try and that failure is part of success in life. Guy's had his fair share of bad decisions and failing businesses, but he never dwelled on any of that but instead learned from his mistakes even if it meant changing basically everything in order to succeed. He also made me understand that other people's opinions of me don't fucking matter unless their criticism is actually useful to improve myself. This is something many wammenz struggle with, as we're basically brought up to be nice to everyone and be liked by everyone and help everyone because reasons. Fuck that.

Believe it or not, that really motivated me to quit drinking and just go out there any try again for as many times as I need to in order to get where I want to be.

I would also definitely have sex with him (am wammenz).

MasterDisaster

Beating my meat like everyone's watching.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have mixed feelings about Ramsay because on the one hand I love his obvious dedication and talent when it comes to cooking, but I also hate his culinary style. It's the worst elements of British and French cuisine combined.

weedsneaker13

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder what's Gordon reaction to red girl and green girl's (from P4) cooking skills and their prepared food.

Tags
None