Gordon Ramsay Thread - Post/Discuss anything related to Gordon Ramsay

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
How can anyone forget the absolute legend that is Raj?
Can we all agree that the TV producers hired an actor to play Raj and had him create tension with Ramsay to make good TV.

I mean fuck, it worked. He's the funniest goddamn thing in the history of Hell's Kitchen, but I have a hard time believing that he was really a chef.

• Agree
Reactions: Circular Tyrant

Slimy Time

Muscle Bound Monster
kiwifarms.net
Can we all agree that the TV producers hired an actor to play Raj and had him create tension with Ramsay to make good TV.

I mean fuck, it worked. He's the funniest goddamn thing in the history of Hell's Kitchen, but I have a hard time believing that he was really a chef.
I can believe that he was a plant. I can't find anything on him. Ranjit Brandston was the name, and outside HK you find nothing. A now 60 year old would have some online presence. Even that guy Joseph, the one who went all ape shit on season 6 is real, found him on Facebook years ago. Even as of last year he was working in a restaurant as the head chef, which has now closed.

Also, ever wonder why he always has one hand put on his face when talking to people in the kitchen, this is probably why:

Edit: Now actually gotten into looking into the contestants on HK and seeing what happened to them. Michael from Season 1 still around, but apparently got into financial issues and hit the drugs hard before getting out of it, now looks like a 50-60 year old addict and can be found on youtube videos.

Last edited:

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
I can believe that he was a plant. I can't find anything on him. Ranjit Brandston was the name, and outside HK you find nothing. A now 60 year old would have some online presence. Even that guy Joseph, the one who went all ape shit on season 6 is real, found him on Facebook years ago. Even as of last year he was working in a restaurant as the head chef, which has now closed.

Also, ever wonder why he always has one hand put on his face when talking to people in the kitchen, this is probably why:

Edit: Now actually gotten into looking into the contestants on HK and seeing what happened to them. Michael from Season 1 still around, but apparently got into financial issues and hit the drugs hard before getting out of it, now looks like a 50-60 year old addict and can be found on youtube videos.
Holy shit, Gordon Ramsay's telling someone else to calm down while they scream at him.

That's just fucking hilarious.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought the hotel-troubleshooting show was pretty interesting, since it's a somewhat different set of service-industry dynamic to fix when compared to restaurant/culinary industry.

Also I hope at some point, someone shows him the infamous "Masaokis" cooking videos, or at least the "toilet steak" video.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net

Reminder he's an actual black belt.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a big fan of his and try to visit his restaurants when I can, which isn't much. I've only been to three: Gordon Ramsay Steak and Gordon Ramsay Burger (burGR) in Las Vegas and Restaurant Gordon Ramsay in London. Highly recommend the Hog Burger at the burger place, it's probably the best burger I've ever had. Steak is great for a fancy night, but there's a lot of good restaurants at that price point in Vegas, and I wouldn't recommend it over several other options. If you do go, get the Beef Wellington. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is just an experience. It's worth doing if you are okay with spending $400+ for a couple of people, but I have had better food at places with slightly fewer Michelin stars. They seem to be more about the service, and have the highest level of service I have ever seen at any restaurant and will likely ever see again. I also really like his method for making scrambled eggs:

Slimy Time

Muscle Bound Monster
kiwifarms.net
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is just an experience. It's worth doing if you are okay with spending $400+ for a couple of people, but I have had better food at places with slightly fewer Michelin stars. They seem to be more about the service, and have the highest level of service I have ever seen at any restaurant and will likely ever see again. I also really like his method for making scrambled eggs:

IDK, spending several hundred on a dinner seems a bit much for me. Personally I would rather drop £80-100 for four on a good restaurant that I can frequent with some regularity. Then again, it is an "experience" to go to one of these top restaurants, same with any other 3 star I would guess. His recipe for scrambled eggs is good, as are most of the recipes in his books.

• Agree
Reactions: a feel

a feel

Guns don't kill people, troons kill people.
kiwifarms.net
IDK, spending several hundred on a dinner seems a bit much for me. Personally I would rather drop £80-100 for four on a good restaurant that I can frequent with some regularity. Then again, it is an "experience" to go to one of these top restaurants, same with any other 3 star I would guess. His recipe for scrambled eggs is good, as are most of the recipes in his books.
I legit enjoy most of his recipes and often cook variations of them depending on what is available. If you haven't, try his Sheperd's/Cottage pie recipe, it's really simple and delicious. And scallops, of course. I love scallops.

babaGAReeb

b̝̦̥̹͕̬̺̰̞͎̜͕̫͓̗̳̣͈̬͕͈̳̟̱̰̲̘̻͕͔̥̘͈̝̫̻̬͇̺̮̪̫̘̙̥̞̫̠̟
kiwifarms.net
did he really cheat on his wife with the "professional mistress" Sarah Symonds

gordon gets really mad over bad food but would settle for this trash?
thats one crazy bitch, she should have a thread of her own

Slimy Time

Muscle Bound Monster
kiwifarms.net
did he really cheat on his wife with the "professional mistress" Sarah Symonds

gordon gets really mad over bad food but would settle for this trash?
thats one crazy bitch, she should have a thread of her own
He denied it, saying he was more likely to have an affair with Delia Smith. When you look at the things the couple has been through, from this woman making affair allegations, to sacking his father in law and business partner as their business manager, which eventually revealed that his father in law had an affair and second family in secret and his arrest for data breach laws, it is amazing that the two are a) still married and b) still sexually active (recent birth of 5th child). Yeah, I don't believe that woman at all.

babaGAReeb

b̝̦̥̹͕̬̺̰̞͎̜͕̫͓̗̳̣͈̬͕͈̳̟̱̰̲̘̻͕͔̥̘͈̝̫̻̬͇̺̮̪̫̘̙̥̞̫̠̟
kiwifarms.net
He denied it, saying he was more likely to have an affair with Delia Smith. When you look at the things the couple has been through, from this woman making affair allegations, to sacking his father in law and business partner as their business manager, which eventually revealed that his father in law had an affair and second family in secret and his arrest for data breach laws, it is amazing that the two are a) still married and b) still sexually active (recent birth of 5th child). Yeah, I don't believe that woman at all.
yeah theres no reason to believe this cunt with zero proof especially since she seems suspicious as hell

he also got accused of raping/sexually harassing before which were obviously false so this is not new for him

Tags
None