Gordon Ramsay Thread - Post/Discuss anything related to Gordon Ramsay

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
As nice and supportive of a goy Gordon Ramsay is when hes competing for a michelin star hes absolutely fucking terrifying. I think I've got thick skin but if he humiliated and yelled at me like this I would fucking cry.

Depends on how experienced you are with cooking. By all accounts, he's a lot more generous with beginner and amateur chefs. You need only watch him on Master Chef Jr to see that; he's nice to those kids because he wants them to grow as chefs.

It's when you're supposed to be an actual chef that he lets loose.

Cedric_Eff

Damn property taxes f**k up everything.
kiwifarms.net
Depends on how experienced you are with cooking. By all accounts, he's a lot more generous with beginner and amateur chefs. You need only watch him on Master Chef Jr to see that; he's nice to those kids because he wants them to grow as chefs.

Because at that point, you actually should know stuff.

Absolutego

Middleman who didn't do diddly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gordon: "This food is bad"

Owner: "No it's not"

Gordon: "This service is bad"

Owner: "No it's not"

Gordon: "You're bad"

Owner: "No I'm not"

Gordon: "Here I just renovated your restaurant"

Owner: "Thank you!"

RESTAURANT CLOSES FIVE MONTHS AFTER AIR DATE
My favorite post-Kitchen Nightmares stereotype is the owner who did what Ramsay told them to do during the episode, and acted like they were on board with the changes, only to immediately revert to old habits once the cameras were gone and have their business close anyways.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
My favorite post-Kitchen Nightmares stereotype is the owner who did what Ramsay told them to do during the episode, and acted like they were on board with the changes, only to immediately revert to old habits once the cameras were gone and have their business close anyways.
I like the owners who went confronted about their restaurant's shitty oily food say they eat it all the time and it tastes fine. Like they don't realize that says way more about them than it does the food.

Absolutego

Middleman who didn't do diddly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like the owners who went confronted about their restaurant's shitty oily food say they eat it all the time and it tastes fine. Like they don't realize that says way more about them than it does the food.
The classic example that always comes to mind for that was that horrendous pizza joint in Denver where the guy made like 4-inch thick pies with literal rivers of oil separated out from the cheese.

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
The Sebastian's episode is pretty much how I imagine DSP would run his fabled restaraunt. My god, was that menu autistic as all hell...

• Agree
Reactions: millais

Slimy Time

Muscle Bound Monster
kiwifarms.net

When you look at Boiling Point, he had just split from A to Z Restaurants, where he was a 1/3rd shareholder, and had the financial backing of the company. He had just bought his own restaurant and had sunk £100k (in 1999 as well) for purchase and renovation, coming from personal savings, family pitch ins and a big bank loan. This was him when he was most financially vulnerable, so he's actions, sacking and yelling at staff is very understood. If his restaurant crashed because of bad ratings, he's screwed from loans and whatnot.

I love Gordon Ramsay so much.

I think this is my favorite line/clip from him
Classic
That is a classic. I think his mentor Marco has an equally meme worthy moment from Australian Masterchef.
Kingfish! Where's my Kingfish!? I want my fish. Fish, fish fish!

Grinrow

Monkey
kiwifarms.net
When you look at Boiling Point, he had just split from A to Z Restaurants, where he was a 1/3rd shareholder, and had the financial backing of the company. He had just bought his own restaurant and had sunk £100k (in 1999 as well) for purchase and renovation, coming from personal savings, family pitch ins and a big bank loan. This was him when he was most financially vulnerable, so he's actions, sacking and yelling at staff is very understood. If his restaurant crashed because of bad ratings, he's screwed from loans and whatnot.

That is a classic. I think his mentor Marco has an equally meme worthy moment from Australian Masterchef.
Kingfish! Where's my Kingfish!? I want my fish. Fish, fish fish!
After watching a few clips of Marco you can really tell that he mentored Gordon just by his insults. I really like Marco from how he cooks he doesn't just have passion for cooking he lives for cooking to the point where I kinda think hes autistic because of how cold he is to other people and how completely focused he is on his one interest

Last edited:

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
One of my favorite Kitchen Nightmares episodes is when he goes to Momma Cherri's Soulfood Shack. Not a lot drama or swearing, just Gordon trying to help a sweet old lady who can cook her ass off, but not much head for business. Really shows how nice of a guy Gordon can be when you're not blowing smoke up his ass or giving him a hard time. A reminder that this is also one of the few restaurants that Gordon went to where he loved the food.

She also has a youtube channel. In this vid she talks about how she got on the show and the aftermath

A few highlights:
  • She was approached by the show and never even seen an episode prior
  • It took a year for the episode to air
  • They got overwhelmed with orders after the ep which damaged their rep a bit because people got annoyed at not being able to eat there
  • A combination of letting unqualified people overhead management and the 2008 recession killed the business for good

Cedric_Eff

Damn property taxes f**k up everything.
kiwifarms.net
One of my favorite Kitchen Nightmares episodes is when he goes to Momma Cherri's Soulfood Shack. Not a lot drama or swearing, just Gordon trying to help a sweet old lady who can cook her ass off, but not much head for business. Really shows how nice of a guy Gordon can be when you're not blowing smoke up his ass or giving him a hard time. A reminder that this is also one of the few restaurants that Gordon went to where he loved the food.

She also has a youtube channel. In this vid she talks about how she got on the show and the aftermath

A few highlights:
  • She was approached by the show and never even seen an episode prior
  • It took a year for the episode to air
  • They got overwhelmed with orders after the ep which damaged their rep a bit because people got annoyed at not being able to eat there
  • A combination of letting unqualified people overhead management and the 2008 recession killed the business for good
I'm subscribed to Momma Cherri's youtube channel!

Reactions: KingofNothing

weedsneaker13

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Showing off their fuck ups was bad enough, but the big screen in the street where everyone can see it is just a devastating blow. Gordon hits hard
And the civilians who crosses the street and watch the big screen are gonna say like : Thanks for producing us a nightmare fuel,Ramsay.

• Feels
Reactions: a feel

Ndnd

It’s not Aspirin...
kiwifarms.net
I've been binging the original Kitchen Nightmares on Prime recently. Does anyone here remember the episode where he tries to help out a struggling vegetarian restaurant in Paris?

• Owner Rachel McNally opened up an unsuccessful vegetarian restaurant, smack dab in the middle of Paris
  • Kept racking up losses and had something like £150,000 in loans, co-signed by her dad, which she defaulted on
  • Had a head chef who was certifiable, and a waitress/friend who was just as lazy and unprofessional as Rachel
  • Gordon fires the shitty head chef, and Rachel's dad brings in talented young chef India Innes from Scotland
  • They implement a new menu, generate some buzz, make some money
  • Dear old dad gets sick of Rachel's lazy bullshit and pulls the financial plug
  • Gordon comes back 6 weeks later to find that the restaurant is closed for good
  • Happy Ending: Gordon meets with India who is now stranded in Paris without a job, and offers her an internship at one of his restaurants in London.

Out of curiosity, I did some Googling to see what the owner was up to these days...

As of 2010, this is what Rachel has been doing:

Chef turned woman into 200-a-night prostitute

A restaurant owner has said that she became 200 pound-a-night prostitute after she worked with Gordon Ramsay on his TV show.

Rachel McNally was a contestant on Ramsays show Kitchen Nightmares programme in 2007.

Her eatery Piccolo Teatro that cooked vegetarian meals in Paris was losing around 70,000 pounds a year.

Super chef Gordon Ramsay promised to turn the restaurants horrendous food and bad attitude into a success.

But Rachels eating joint was shut down leaving her penniless.

"Gordon did absolutely nothing for me, so instead I decided to swap my restaurant for life as a hooker. We were losing something like 6,000 a month and just couldn't balance the books. It became more chaotic after he turned up", the Sun quoted her as saying.

"He was a right flirt, showing as much interest in impressing me as sorting out the kitchen. Every time we went for a drink or took time off he'd be leering - or moaning about something", she added.

After Rachel sold her eatery in the court, she took a flat at Montparnasse.

"I enjoy sex and was turned on by the idea of selling my body for money, so it wasn't much of a hassle", said Rachel.

"It's a great way to make money. I charge around 200 a time, and getting business is no problem at all. If they have any kinky suggestions, I might charge a bit more", she added.

Rachel has even used her nightmare TV appearance to get business by sending videos to potential clients.

______

On a happy note, chef India Innes sounds like she's doing very well for herself!

Last edited:
Tags
None