Gordon Ramsay Thread - Post/Discuss anything related to Gordon Ramsay

Damn Near

It's lovely to be here, thank you for having me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
According to my family, Ramsay is filming at a shitty old person restaurant one town over, presumably for Kitchen Nightmares. It's been open since the 30's, and I can say from experience that it's not great. I used to go there with my grandma and get the fried chicken livers.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
According to my family, Ramsay is filming at a shitty old person restaurant one town over, presumably for Kitchen Nightmares. It's been open since the 30's, and I can say from experience that it's not great. I used to go there with my grandma and get the fried chicken livers.
I thought he was done with Kitchen Nightmares?

Damn Near

It's lovely to be here, thank you for having me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought he was done with Kitchen Nightmares?
I don't know, but this restaurant fucking sucks shit so I really can't imagine why he'd be wasting his time there, unless he's cruising for 80 year old redneck pussy in bulk

a feel

Guns don't kill people, troons kill people.
kiwifarms.net
I want to try one sometime, but I found out on MasterChef that he uses mustard in it. Is the flavor strong? I've never liked mustard at all.
He uses Dijon mustard, which is not really comparable to the mustard you might know, especially if you're American. If you're an Eurofag you probably know that there's a great variety of mustards with entirely different flavors and textures. Dijon mustard has a very distinct spicy taste. I would definitely try this if I were you.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gordon's vids helped me get through a year of working at a shitty job with no passion. Sure I lacked the ingredients, skills, and equipment to fully emulate his dishes, but just watching him cook (or yell at incompetent chefs) was energizing for me.
I became more Gordon at my shitty job and got some goddamn results in making it less shitty.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
:story:

I didn’t realize that Amy from Amy’s Bakery has an account on the farms! Does anyone know if it’s ever been verified?

View attachment 994373
I don't remember if that's the same account, but at some point, she did register an account here and get mistakenly banned for impersonating herself in her thread, which she complained about on Twitter.

Orion Balls

A well placed trap.
kiwifarms.net
I met Gordon Ramsay, and even worked at one of the restaurants he "made over", after he made it over. The place he helped inevitably failed because those assholes had no reason to ever run a restaurant, and a new guy took it over. The exterior paint lasted a week before it peeled away, and the walk-in cooler, not featured in the episode, had a regular closet door on it. With a fucking door knob.

Last edited:

Slimy Time

Muscle Bound Monster
kiwifarms.net
There is an interesting episode about Gordon and his son Jack in the series Born Famous, where Gordon sends his son, who grew up living the 0.1% lifestyle with tv crew to the area where he grew up. It's peppered with bits about Ramsay talking about life growing up. You knew it was shit growing up, but it really adds in colour to just how poor he was growing up. Spent most of his life moving from one place to the next, only settling when he was around 16-17 in a council estate. As a result had dogshit grades at school, got put on a foundation course for cooking. Didn't have the money to buy chefs whites/uniform so needed a charity to do it for him and etc. Ended up getting his passion from there, so much so that he got one of the course lecturers to bake him his wedding cake many years later.

Really good insight into the man and what makes him tick. Colours more of the things known about his upbringing. His son since then seems to have made a move to the military to become a Royal Marine.

Chive Turkey

kiwifarms.net
Gordon has recently attracted some (well-deserved) criticism for a grilled cheese sandwich he made:

Quick rundown:
>hockey puck-sized slices of bread
>thick slices of French cheese which are a bitch to melt
>he adds kimchi
>he grills the sammich on a cast iron in a fireplace for some fucking reason
>unsurprisingly, the bread burns and the cheese fails to melt

The comment section has been merciless.

The vid is part of a 'Ramsay Around the World' series which he's been doing for the past few months, which involves him travelling across the world and experimenting with local. A number of them haven't been well-received either. For example, he's been farting about in Norway, using Norwegian ingredients in ways that have horrified the natives. He made a reindeer sausage omelette, half of which consisted out of a local cheese which is incredibly strong and overpowering. In his most recent video (yesterday) he made a King Crab po' boy accompanied by a buttersauce that includes a hefty splash of akvavit. Now, if you've never had akvavit, it's a really fucking strong liquor. Adding it to a sauce is a bad idea even if you allow the alcohol to boil off, which Gordon didn't. That sauce must've tasted like gasoline. The McChicken Appreciation Society was not pleased.

I'm not sure what the fuck is up with the guy but he's been phoning it in badly recently. It's not just his questionable choice in ingredients; every other video has him cooking over open flame, which doesn't work well with his fast-paced, one-take cooking format. Even a skilled chef is going to struggle, and he does. He's dropping and burning shit left and right. One cu/ck/ theorized that his team discovered that 99% of his audience just watch his videos to watch Gordon Ramsay do something, and has absolutely no desire in replicating the recipe. I'm half-believing this, as it would explain why he's being shunted off to the far corners of the world every week to cook with obscure and exotic ingredients.

BhertMern

"Oh this will be the last time trust me"
kiwifarms.net
Gordon has recently attracted some (well-deserved) criticism for a grilled cheese sandwich he made:

Quick rundown:
>hockey puck-sized slices of bread
>thick slices of French cheese which are a bitch to melt
>he adds kimchi
>he grills the sammich on a cast iron in a fireplace for some fucking reason
>unsurprisingly, the bread burns and the cheese fails to melt

The comment section has been merciless.

The vid is part of a 'Ramsay Around the World' series which he's been doing for the past few months, which involves him travelling across the world and experimenting with local. A number of them haven't been well-received either. For example, he's been farting about in Norway, using Norwegian ingredients in ways that have horrified the natives. He made a reindeer sausage omelette, half of which consisted out of a local cheese which is incredibly strong and overpowering. In his most recent video (yesterday) he made a King Crab po' boy accompanied by a buttersauce that includes a hefty splash of akvavit. Now, if you've never had akvavit, it's a really fucking strong liquor. Adding it to a sauce is a bad idea even if you allow the alcohol to boil off, which Gordon didn't. That sauce must've tasted like gasoline. The McChicken Appreciation Society was not pleased.

I'm not sure what the fuck is up with the guy but he's been phoning it in badly recently. It's not just his questionable choice in ingredients; every other video has him cooking over open flame, which doesn't work well with his fast-paced, one-take cooking format. Even a skilled chef is going to struggle, and he does. He's dropping and burning shit left and right. One cu/ck/ theorized that his team discovered that 99% of his audience just watch his videos to watch Gordon Ramsay do something, and has absolutely no desire in replicating the recipe. I'm half-believing this, as it would explain why he's being shunted off to the far corners of the world every week to cook with obscure and exotic ingredients.
I haven't kept up with him in a while but wow, that is disappointing. That shouldn't have been uploaded. I don't expect a majority of his audience to recreate his dishes, even the inexpensive and simple ones, but everyone is going to point out the lack of melted cheese and burnt bread.

burnt.png

And what a ridiculous and unnecessary amount of effort with unappetizing results.

wtfareyoudoing.png
disappointment.png

As for the kimchi, maybe it was just the lighting but his kimchi looked off. Kimchi and cheese go really well together imo, and it's going to be delicious when you use cheese that actually melts.

Why are they even jetting Gordon around the planet to play with new ingredients at this point? I enjoy the guy, I like to watch him cook and create, but if no one's heart is in it then why bother? Is he still earning networks that much money? This just seems tiresome and sad.

Slimy Time

Muscle Bound Monster
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much phoning it in at this point. I feel that he must make most of his money from TV now, as well as having his numerous branded restaurants to back him up. He's 10s of millions rich and most of his kids (except his youngest) are reaching college and career age now, so that a burden off of him somewhat. So long as his restaurants do well and HK/Masterchef do well, I think he could put any old shit up for cooking instruction videos at this point.

Eugene90

kiwifarms.net

I really like how some of these egotistical idiots would actually try to threaten Gordon and get in his face with violence, saying that they will kick his ass.

Without realizing Gordon's actually a black belt and has actual discipline.

Also I'm not convinced that Matt has military background, cuz that sort of attitude really doesn't seem like someone who served in military.

If it's scripted though then I'd say they did a good job hamming shit up.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Robert Sanvagene
Tags
None