Goreans - Pulp Fantasy Sex Cult for Unwashed Fatties

VLAD

I may be but small, but I will die a colossus.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gor is a continent in science fiction. Many may wish it did not exist, but it is there.

It is not hard to find, really. Just look for a world that lies a thousand degrees north of monothink, a thousand degrees east of orthodoxy, a thousand degrees west of ideological conformity, a continent far from the placid waters of predictable mediocrity, a different world, one real, one like no other, one beyond the familiar world’s horizon, one emergent from far, tumultuous, untamed seas, a world alert to deep currents, which listens to secret whispers, which wears stars in her hair.

The maps of ideologically servile cartographers may choose not to show the Gorean world, but it is there, a wonderful, forbidden continent. Some of you know her, and have been there.

—J. Norman, Dec. 2000

The World of Gor is a strange and creepy place indeed. And wherever there's something strange and creepy, there's a group of people on the internet who take it way too seriously.

Gor is a series of 30+ trashy sci-fi fantasy novels written by college professor John Lange, under the pseudonym of John Norman. It centers on the adventures of self-insert college professor Tarl Cabot, a man abducted from his campus by giant praying mantis aliens called the Priest Kings who imprison human beings on the planet of Gor for some reason. On Gor, humans are permitted no advanced technology, so human society has regressed to the point of a low fantasy space opera - swords and sorcery along with minimal clothing, especially for the ladies.

But Gor's ladies aren't just naked to be fetish objects. Norman's trying to prove a point. Since the Priest Kings have brought humanity back to its most primal state - its natural state, if you will - the women of Gor have recognized their rightful place as slaves to their male masters. Every woman who comes to Gor realizes this truth eventually. Deep down, every woman wants to be dressed like this and traded for sexual favors. It's the state they were meant to exist in all along. This, as revealed to us by the illustrious John Norman, is the biotruth of humanity. That bitch wasn't just asking for it, she was begging for it - and she never even knew it until it was forced upon her without her consent.

Think Conan the Barbarian as written by Marjan, and that should give you a good idea of what we've got here.

source

The spider plant cringed as its owner brought forth the watering can. "I am a spider plant!" it cried indignantly. "How dare you water me before my time! Guards!" it called. "Guards!"

Borin, its owner, placed the watering can on the table and looked at it. "You will be watered," he said.

"You do not dare to water me!" laughed the plant.

"You will be watered," said Borin.

"Do not water me!" wept the plant.

I watched this exchange. Truly, I believed the plant would be watered. It was plant, and on Gor it had no rights. Perhaps on Earth, in its permissive society, which distorts the true roles of all beings, which forces both plant and waterer to go unhappy and constrained, which forbids the fulfillment of owner and houseplant, such might not happen. Perhaps there, it would not be watered. But it was on Gor now, and would undoubtedly feel its true place, that of houseplant. It was plant. It would be watered at will. Such is the way with plants.

Borin picked up the watering can, and muchly watered the plant. The plant cried out. "No, Master! Do not water me!" The master continued to water the plant. "Please, Master," begged the plant, "do not water me!" The master continued to water the plant. It was plant. It could be watered at will.

The plant sobbed muchly as Borin laid down the watering can. It was not pleased. Too, it was wet. But this did not matter. It was plant.

"You have been well watered," said Borin.

"Yes," said the plant, "I have been well watered." Of course, it could be watered by its master at will.

"I have watered you well," said Borin.

"Yes, master," said the plant. "You have watered your plant well. I am plant, and as such I should be watered by my master."

The cactus plant next to the spider plant shuddered. It attempted to cover its small form with its small arms and small needles. "I am plant," it said wonderingly. "I am of Earth, but for the first time, I feel myself truly plantlike. On Earth, I w as able to control my watering. I often scorned those who would water me. But they were weak, and did not see my scorn for what it was, the weak attempt of a small plant to protect itself. Not one of the weak Earth waterers would dare to water a plant if it did not wish it. But on Gor," it shuddered, "on Gor it is different. Here, those who wish to water will water their plants as they wish. But strangely, I feel myself most plantlike when I am at the mercy of a strong Gorean master, who may water me as he pleases."

"I will now water you," said Borin, the cactus's Gorean master.

The cactus did not resist being watered. Perhaps it was realizing that such watering was its master's to control. Too, perhaps it knew that this master was far superior to those of Earth, who would not water it if it did not wish to be watered.

The cactus's watering had been finished. The spider plant looked at it.

"I have been well watered," it said.

"I, too, have been well watered," said the cactus.

"My master has watered me well," said the spider plant.

"My master, too, has watered me well," said the cactus.

"I am to be placed in a hanging basket on the porch," said the spider plant.

"I, too, am to be placed in a hnaging basket on the porch," said the cactus.

"I wish you well," said the spider plant.

"I, too, wish you well," said the cactus.

"Tal," said the spider plant.

"Tal, too," said the cactus.

I did not think that the spider plant would object to being watered by its master again. For it realized that it was plant, and that here, unlike on Earth, it was likely to be owned and watered by many masters.

There is a corner of people on the internet who are obsessed with this schlock, and have been obsessed with it for longer than I've been alive. People who live the "Gorean Lifestyle" try their best to adhere to the book's vision of slave-based relationship dynamics. And unlike BDSM, it doesn't stop outside of the bedroom. Men literally own women like slaves - at least, that's how it is on paper. And the first Gor book came out in 1966, so the community is more ancient, creepy, and steeped in ritual than almost any other on the online. Rules and practices born from the earliest days of MUD and IRC cybering are still strictly enforced.

This Daily Dot article does a good job of breaking it down.

source

Slave Rule One -All Freepersons are to be addressed as either Master or Mistress. If the sex of the Freeperson can not be determined from the name, Master is to be used until the gender is clarified.

Slave Rule Two - Serve Every Master or Mistress as if your well being depends on being pleasing.......it does.

Slave Rule Three - While a Freeperson may not always be right, they are, by definition, never WRONG. Slaves always have the last word in any disagreement..the words "Yes, Master"...

Slave Rule Four - Jealousy and Possessiveness have killed more slaves than disobedience.

Slave Rule Five - Slaves do not use the first person pronoun. There is not "I", "me" or "mine" in a slaves vocabulary.

Slave Rule Six - Perfection of Service and Submission is the goal, mere excellence will be tolerated.

Slave Rule Seven - Your collar carries the honor of your owner. Your attitude can make is as light as a feather or as heavy as a mountain.

Slave Rule Eight - If there are none requiring service, use the time to clean, cook, bake, practice serving techniques with your sisters or learn about Gor. Do not be idle.

Slave Rule Nine - Slaves possess nothing not given to them by their owner, including their name. What is given can be taken away. If you are entrusted to carry a name for an owner, or silks or jewelry, remember that these can be removed as easily as they were given.

Slave Rule Ten - The merest whim of your owner is your highest law. And lawbreakers are punished.

The Gorean interactions that make the news fortunately aren't common occurrences. Most Goreans confine their activities to IRC chatrooms, Second Life, or IMVU, in the classic domain of online roleplaying. But they take online RP very seriously in the world of Gor.

Yeah I know shortly after doing these I heard an interview with Norman where he talks about the different civilizations on Gor and caught how he said it. As for Second Life I'm on there from time to time, BUT most of the sims Ive found on there as just as bad as the crap on IMVU with free women bed hopping with everything that even looks male and a few females as well not to mention folks randomly popping between free and enslaved based on their mood that day. Can you suggest a few sims that are actually worth while?

ok, so this is just my ranting about people who don't understand the Gorean ways and say it's fake.. take time to understand something before you say what you think it is.

So, what triggers Goreans?
  • Not reading all the books. All 33 of them.
  • Not cybering as a human.
  • Not knowing about Gor, or pretending to know about Gor without having read all 33 books.
  • Cybering with someone other than your "master."
  • Correctly believing that the "Gorean Lifestyle" is a creepy sex cult for neckbeard basement dwellers.
  • Saying John Norman's a shit writer and a pervert.
  • Saying you liked the terrible Gor movies from the 80s.
  • Saying you liked it when the terrible Gor movies from the 80s were featured on MST3K.
  • Saying you're a feminist and that the slavery and objectification of women is wrong.

I've found a few forums to get the ball rolling, but I think you need to be a registered member to get to the "fun" stuff. Let's see what we can dig up.

Gorean Forums
Gor SL
Gorean Shores

*whipcrack*

Kaz

A visionary robbed of his future
kiwifarms.net
The cactus plant next to the spider plant shuddered. It attempted to cover its small form with its small arms and small needles. "I am plant," it said wonderingly. "I am of Earth, but for the first time, I feel myself truly plantlike. On Earth, I w as able to control my watering. I often scorned those who would water me. But they were weak, and did not see my scorn for what it was, the weak attempt of a small plant to protect itself. Not one of the weak Earth waterers would dare to water a plant if it did not wish it. But on Gor," it shuddered, "on Gor it is different. Here, those who wish to water will water their plants as they wish. But strangely, I feel myself most plantlike when I am at the mercy of a strong Gorean master, who may water me as he pleases."
"Ah the cactus. Truly the most tsundere of plants"

ActualKiwi

Return Of The Spinning Kiwis From Middle Earth~~
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gor is a continent in science fiction. Many may wish it did not exist, but it is there.

It is not hard to find, really. Just look for a world that lies a thousand degrees north of monothink, a thousand degrees east of orthodoxy, a thousand degrees west of ideological conformity, a continent far from the placid waters of predictable mediocrity, a different world, one real, one like no other, one beyond the familiar world’s horizon, one emergent from far, tumultuous, untamed seas, a world alert to deep currents, which listens to secret whispers, which wears stars in her hair.

The maps of ideologically servile cartographers may choose not to show the Gorean world, but it is there, a wonderful, forbidden continent. Some of you know her, and have been there.

—J. Norman, Dec. 2000

The World of Gor is a strange and creepy place indeed. And wherever there's something strange and creepy, there's a group of people on the internet who take it way too seriously.

Gor is a series of 30+ trashy sci-fi fantasy novels written by college professor John Lange, under the pseudonym of John Norman. It centers on the adventures of self-insert college professor Tarl Cabot, a man abducted from his campus by giant praying mantis aliens called the Priest Kings who imprison human beings on the planet of Gor for some reason. On Gor, humans are permitted no advanced technology, so human society has regressed to the point of a low fantasy space opera - swords and sorcery along with minimal clothing, especially for the ladies.

But Gor's ladies aren't just naked to be fetish objects. Norman's trying to prove a point. Since the Priest Kings have brought humanity back to its most primal state - its natural state, if you will - the women of Gor have recognized their rightful place as slaves to their male masters. Every woman who comes to Gor realizes this truth eventually. Deep down, every woman wants to be dressed like this and traded for sexual favors. It's the state they were meant to exist in all along. This, as revealed to us by the illustrious John Norman, is the biotruth of humanity. That bitch wasn't just asking for it, she was begging for it - and she never even knew it until it was forced upon her without her consent.

Think Conan the Barbarian as written by Marjan, and that should give you a good idea of what we've got here.

source

The spider plant cringed as its owner brought forth the watering can. "I am a spider plant!" it cried indignantly. "How dare you water me before my time! Guards!" it called. "Guards!"

Borin, its owner, placed the watering can on the table and looked at it. "You will be watered," he said.

"You do not dare to water me!" laughed the plant.

"Do not water me!" wept the plant.

I watched this exchange. Truly, I believed the plant would be watered. It was plant, and on Gor it had no rights. Perhaps on Earth, in its permissive society, which distorts the true roles of all beings, which forces both plant and waterer to go unhappy and constrained, which forbids the fulfillment of owner and houseplant, such might not happen. Perhaps there, it would not be watered. But it was on Gor now, and would undoubtedly feel its true place, that of houseplant. It was plant. It would be watered at will. Such is the way with plants.

Borin picked up the watering can, and muchly watered the plant. The plant cried out. "No, Master! Do not water me!" The master continued to water the plant. "Please, Master," begged the plant, "do not water me!" The master continued to water the plant. It was plant. It could be watered at will.

The plant sobbed muchly as Borin laid down the watering can. It was not pleased. Too, it was wet. But this did not matter. It was plant.

"You have been well watered," said Borin.

"Yes," said the plant, "I have been well watered." Of course, it could be watered by its master at will.

"I have watered you well," said Borin.

"Yes, master," said the plant. "You have watered your plant well. I am plant, and as such I should be watered by my master."

"I will now water you," said Borin, the cactus's Gorean master.

The cactus did not resist being watered. Perhaps it was realizing that such watering was its master's to control. Too, perhaps it knew that this master was far superior to those of Earth, who would not water it if it did not wish to be watered.

The cactus's watering had been finished. The spider plant looked at it.

"I have been well watered," it said.

"I, too, have been well watered," said the cactus.

"My master has watered me well," said the spider plant.

"My master, too, has watered me well," said the cactus.

"I am to be placed in a hanging basket on the porch," said the spider plant.

"I, too, am to be placed in a hnaging basket on the porch," said the cactus.

"I wish you well," said the spider plant.

"I, too, wish you well," said the cactus.

"Tal," said the spider plant.

"Tal, too," said the cactus.

I did not think that the spider plant would object to being watered by its master again. For it realized that it was plant, and that here, unlike on Earth, it was likely to be owned and watered by many masters.

There is a corner of people on the internet who are obsessed with this schlock, and have been obsessed with it for longer than I've been alive. People who live the "Gorean Lifestyle" try their best to adhere to the book's vision of slave-based relationship dynamics. And unlike BDSM, it doesn't stop outside of the bedroom. Men literally own women like slaves - at least, that's how it is on paper. And the first Gor book came out in 1966, so the community is more ancient, creepy, and steeped in ritual than almost any other on the online. Rules and practices born from the earliest days of MUD and IRC cybering are still strictly enforced.

This Daily Dot article does a good job of breaking it down.

source

Slave Rule One -All Freepersons are to be addressed as either Master or Mistress. If the sex of the Freeperson can not be determined from the name, Master is to be used until the gender is clarified.

Slave Rule Two - Serve Every Master or Mistress as if your well being depends on being pleasing.......it does.

Slave Rule Three - While a Freeperson may not always be right, they are, by definition, never WRONG. Slaves always have the last word in any disagreement..the words "Yes, Master"...

Slave Rule Four - Jealousy and Possessiveness have killed more slaves than disobedience.

Slave Rule Five - Slaves do not use the first person pronoun. There is not "I", "me" or "mine" in a slaves vocabulary.

Slave Rule Six - Perfection of Service and Submission is the goal, mere excellence will be tolerated.

Slave Rule Seven - Your collar carries the honor of your owner. Your attitude can make is as light as a feather or as heavy as a mountain.

Slave Rule Eight - If there are none requiring service, use the time to clean, cook, bake, practice serving techniques with your sisters or learn about Gor. Do not be idle.

Slave Rule Nine - Slaves possess nothing not given to them by their owner, including their name. What is given can be taken away. If you are entrusted to carry a name for an owner, or silks or jewelry, remember that these can be removed as easily as they were given.

Slave Rule Ten - The merest whim of your owner is your highest law. And lawbreakers are punished.

The Gorean interactions that make the news fortunately aren't common occurrences. Most Goreans confine their activities to IRC chatrooms, Second Life, or IMVU, in the classic domain of online roleplaying. But they take online RP very seriously in the world of Gor.

So, what triggers Goreans?
  • Not reading all the books. All 33 of them.
  • Not cybering as a human.
  • Not knowing about Gor, or pretending to know about Gor without having read all 33 books.
  • Cybering with someone other than your "master."
  • Correctly believing that the "Gorean Lifestyle" is a creepy sex cult for neckbeard basement dwellers.
  • Saying John Norman's a shit writer and a pervert.
  • Saying you liked the terrible Gor movies from the 80s.
  • Saying you liked it when the terrible Gor movies from the 80s were featured on MST3K.
  • Saying you're a feminist and that the slavery and objectification of women is wrong.

I've found a few forums to get the ball rolling, but I think you need to be a registered member to get to the "fun" stuff. Let's see what we can dig up.

Gorean Forums
Gor SL
Gorean Shores

*whipcrack*
...These guys seem like they would be remarkably easy to I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME, going by that long trigger list. Also they're way too into something that sounds even more D-grade than the old Conan novels.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
...These guys seem like they would be remarkably easy to I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME, going by that long trigger list. Also they're way too into something that sounds even more D-grade than the old Conan novels.
They have existed since before the Internet.

They were there when Usenet itself only communicated on 1200 baud connections.

Good luck.

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's really funny here is basically they're emulating a fantasy version of nomadic of iron age warlords in declining civilizations who needed to be powerful and brutal warriors in order to maintain political and social power. Ironically the people most attracted to RP this lifestyle, are the ones who probably would have failed hard at ever standing a chance at this game of lethal king of the hill. Maybe if they spent more time in the gym and less reading 33 books and getting in 33,333 online arguments about the rules of Gor, they'd stand a chance.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino