Gotham High (Finally! Batman for the Riverdale crowd!) -

BobsSpergers

Ye olde funnye lyttle creature
kiwifarms.net
Have you ever wanted a cross between Batman, Twilight, and Riverdale? No? Too bad! Introducing: Gotham High!
ohlawd.png

DC saw Marvel's newest failure with "Snowflake" and "Safespace" and said "I bet we can beat that."
But you see, that's not the best part...this is.
wufluman..png

https://archive.md/PXR74
ewarticle.png

https://archive.md/xRgOw

At the height of the WuFlu pandemic, DC is releasing a comic that makes BATman Chinese. You can't make this shit up.

Attachments

Aaa0aaa0

Internet Sticker Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
While I'm not a fan of the concept, I rather have the animated Gotham High that could have been instead. At least these designs have more personality:

This just screams lazy AU fanfic to me.

Marco Fucko

Read Terra Formars 😁
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Holy fuck this looks cringe.

While I'm not a fan of the concept, I rather have the animated Gotham High that could have been instead. At least these designs have more personality:

This just screams lazy AU fanfic to me.
This also looks cringe.

JimiHendrix

kiwifarms.net
This isn't anything new. DC has for some reason been on a kick lately with a bunch of Young Adult comics regarding certain characters. Off the top of my head.

The Oracle Code was Barbara Gordons young adult shit.

Shadow of the Batgirl was Cassandra Cains one.

there's Wonderwoman: Warbringer.

Batman: Nightwalker

Breaking Glass for Harley Quinn where she lives with an obese man who wears a dress and I believe is referred to as "mama"? I didn't read much of that one, for obvious reasons.

Under the Moon a Catwoman tale where Selina lived in a house with an abusive dad who killed her pet cat and she ran away from home to go be a parkour master or some shit.

There's like one or two others. Look any of those up, they all have the same generic art style and look as each other and as this Gotham High one. It's just another in the line of shit before it. Not sure why this one is getting all the attention. They were all bad from what I read. I liked the Shadow of the Batgirl one, but that's just because I like Cassandra, but the writers idea of "if batman exists and crime exists, then batman isn't doing his job, so in my batgirl story batman doesn't exist" was moronic.

A Useless Fish

A Fish with literally no value, whatsoever.
kiwifarms.net
Who is the market for this? People who like Batman aren't gonna touch this shit. So, who the fuck does that leave?

This is the exact same problem with that baffling New Warriors comic. People who hate comics, and will never buy them are constantly being catered to, over the people who actually buy this stuff. They never sell these things, and go under in a handful of issues, but instead of learning their lesson, they always double down, and fail even harder next time.

Why?

God, just let this industry die already.

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So how long till he finds out Serrina Kyru is actually cat woman and tries to deep-fry her in gutter oil?

EDIT: Shit now that I think about it, maybe Jack Napier turns into the joker after he risks his life to save Selina and the enraged Bruce shoves him into the giant cauldron of boiling poo-oil. Been a while since that old "ace chemical plant" character origin was adapted

Last edited:
Tags
None