Gotham High (Finally! Batman for the Riverdale crowd!) -

Absolutego

Middleman who didn't do diddly
kiwifarms.net

Magic Sun Daddy

Get on the ball, bitch.
kiwifarms.net
DC will make this, but they won't pick up Yale Stewart's JL8.
View attachment 1207820
Life is unfair.
JL8 was made by someone with a genuine love for DC and its history. Gotham High was made by someone who's interest in the brand is entirely superficial and self-serving. Often I ask myself, how many of these "professional" writers actually enjoy comics growing up? Could any of them name a story arc they enjoyed or even a crossover that got them excited? Their only concern is using the characters to either promote an agenda or promote themselves.

That's not to say that every old school comic lover knows how to weave a narrative. As enthusiastic he is about the medium, Frank Miller lost the magic touch he had in his prime and his narrative structure is an incoherent mess at times. Yet I would be more willing to spend money on his newer works than this load of gobshite, because I know that despite his wacked out portrayal of Batman, he shares the same enthusiasm for the character as his readers.

Duke Nukem

Leader of the Anti-Chad Extermination Squad
kiwifarms.net
Bruce Wuhan doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well. Atleast the kids at gothem high knows where that sudden new flu came from.
I was thinking Bruce Wang would have been the way to go, it's so obvious...then again Jackie Chan's character in Shanghai Noon was Chon Wang, a play on a certain guy famous for being in Westerns.

Would have been way more clever, in my opinion. But that's probably why they didn't use it.

Not enough legacy destroying nonsense there.

Pinochet Was Right

And he did nothing wrong
kiwifarms.net
OH GOD I JUST REALISED SOMETHING!
>Batman is half chinese
>Batman is a spoiled rich kid loner
>Batman has daddy issues
>Batman cant get the girl he wants

View attachment 1207255
Elliot was a Dark Knight.

Back on topic: They called Joker "Jack Napier" as in the Burton film, guess the writer is a "Muh nostalgia" sperg a la Whedon or deliberately wants to avoid referring to more current and relevant "Arthur Fleck" and the nahtzee frog school shooting virgin huwhite mail drumpf supporter j*ker movie

Anyways, I prefer the prophetic parody.

The Shadow

I am NOT a crackpot.
kiwifarms.net
Got some ideas for this, hire me DC
Poison Ivy, the school weed dealer
Ridder, a kid on ritalin
Bane, illegal mexican immigrant
Harvey Dent, tumblr user that is headmates with Two Face
Kill Croc, furfag that wears a croc outfit
Mr Freeze, is an incel with Nora being some girl he stalks
Clayface, now just changes gender as he wishes
Anarky, Gotham's antifa leader
Harley Quinn, instagram thot
Bane as a roided up cholo would actually be great though

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net
This just makes me wonder how much an IP can be abused before it's completely and utterly worthless. Worthless as in no amount of rebooting, retooling or, reimaging can bring any kind profit to anything with that name on it.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: The Shadow

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
As bad as Gotham High is people shouldn't act like it's the first time the IP got dragged through the dirt.

For example all Star Batman & Robin from Frank Miller was dumb shit and Batman & the other heroes acted completely out of character and not in a great or interesting way. There were also many other problems.

A gay Alfred was done with class in Kurt Busiek Batman: Creature of Night.
Must be an error. Only woke marxist sjw writers include gay characters!1

Cactuar King

kiwifarms.net
As bad as Gotham High is people shouldn't act like it's the first time the IP got dragged through the dirt.

For example all Star Batman & Robin from Frank Miller was dumb shit and Batman & the other heroes acted completely out of character and not in a great or interesting way. There were also many other problems.
I dunno, I'd say ASB&R was entertaining lunacy. Badly written, sure, but it was the funny kind of bad writing. This is just pandering shit by a narcissistic hack.

Yukari Yakumo

Welcome to the Apocalypse, here's your moisturizer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm still not over the fact that during this whole Coronavirus apocalypse, they decided to make Batman Chinese-America.

• Agree
Reactions: BobsSpergers

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think anyone is complaining like this is the first ever bad Batman story. It's not even that the idea is so inherently awful - done well, most of the complainers would say it's not their taste but they see the appeal.

But from the get it was such an obvious train wreck, created by someone who shouldn't even be allowed to write fan fiction. And it was clear it would suck in a very SJW way, including self-inserts, nonsensical woke changes and a distinct lack of talent.

There's lots of bad Batmans out there. But this version is bad in a way that is practically designed for the Farms to make fun of every aspect of it.

Tags
None