Gothic Music: Post-Punk, Darkwave, Deathrock and More... - For All Those Gloomy Souls Out There

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
Tell you what, there's nothing more goth than aggressively gatekeeping about what is and isn't sufficiently goth within the first paragraph of the OP.

I hope this is sufficiently obscure for the cool kids' club:

If you want a good laugh, this is what the guitarist is now doing with his anorexic camwhore thot of a wife who clearly can't sing. Lying in a pond and scowling next to a drainpipe - goth AF.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
If you want a good laugh, this is what the guitarist is now doing with his anorexic camwhore thot of a wife who clearly can't sing. Lying in a pond and scowling next to a drainpipe - goth AF.

That's not goth, that falls into the genre of Scandinavian some-metal or Cradle of Filth.
The only one that had some hint of how to use a clean female voice was Covenant, on one song, in 1998, and they bungled it. They almost figured it out.

Dead Can Dance is the goth I can accept and tolerate. Old school, fun people and I'm listening to the live version of Cantara from Toward the Within right now because it's the best.

goodgrief

kiwifarms.net

She's married to him? Get her to a fucking psychiatrist.

Captain Olimar

Nintendo DILF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Recently discovered Beastwars and have been listening to them constantly. Good shit - wish they were more well-known.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
I miss Sisters of Mercy. Why the fuck does Andrew Eldritch have to be such a gigantic fucking autist?
You can hear two albums or so of new material, some quite good, at any given show if they're playing in your area. Some of the unrecorded songs are even old enough to have been aged out of the setlist

• Informative
Reactions: Circular Tyrant

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

Your city lies in dust, my friend
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunate lack of the gem that is Foetus in this thread... JGT has been going strong since the early 80s and he's been in a state of evolution ever since, though his older stuff is more appropriate to this thread. His music is usually erroneously called "industrial" though he was an influence on what is associated to be that sound. Third song is some of his newer stuff.

Also, I think The The's earlier stuff is postpunkish, and hell, H.R. Giger in this video? Why not? This song is my life:

So much good music during this time period.

Tags
None