Grand Theft Auto - Yep, I've been drinkin' again...

Favorite GTA?

• Grand Theft Auto

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Grand Theft Auto: London 1969

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Grand Theft Auto 2

Votes: 26 5.7%
  • Grand Theft Auto III

Votes: 50 11.0%
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Votes: 149 32.7%
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Votes: 181 39.8%
  • Grand Theft Auto: Advanced

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Votes: 19 4.2%
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • Grand Theft Auto IV

Votes: 117 25.7%
  • Episodes From Liberty City (The Lost & Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony)

Votes: 42 9.2%
  • Grand Theft Auto V

Votes: 94 20.7%
  • Grand Theft Auto: Online

Votes: 27 5.9%
  • My Mother's My Sister!

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters

Duncan Hills Coffee

Not a normal human
kiwifarms.net
Max Payne 3 worth getting? Always heard it was so-so but I never got to try it.
I'm a big fan of the trilogy, and I personally love Max Payne 3. I think it does a good job modernizing the Max Payne gameplay; the shooting is fast and furious as ever, the bullet dodge is awesome, and the game's cutscenes are some of the most lavishly produced I've ever seen. The shooting is so refined and detailed that it puts most mainstream third-person shooters to shame; enemies react dynamically to where you shoot them and the game goes so far as to provide entry and exit wounds. The PC version is the one you want since the mouse makes aiming way easier; the console versions are okay, but since aiming is inherently clunkier with an analog stick you'll end up playing it like a more traditional third-person shooter.

There are issues though. Max himself is so full of self-loathing and pessimism that it can get a little much at times. His self-hatred was always a theme in the first two, but it's way more of a focus in 3, and his whining gets annoying sometimes. The story's not nearly as tight as the first two and there are a few big plotholes halfway through. And the cutscenes can be absurdly long; they're expertly produced, but holy hell some of them drag. The game also sacrificed a lot of the interactivity of the first two, which makes the world feel less alive in my opinion. Finally, the game suffers the same problem most Rockstar games have and that's the stiff movement controls. They feel better than Rockstar's other games, but they're still noticeably slower and clunkier than the controls of the first two.

I'd say it's worth getting for the shooting, and the story's still interesting enough to experience.

The Last Stand

I don't want to sound racist, but...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why not Red Dead 2? Guess R* wants to push their online franchises.

What the hey, I've been meaning to try Red Dead 2 (Online). Hopefully with the Wild West setting, it's more balanced than GTA Online.

X Pac Heat

Go back to reddit, fed.
kiwifarms.net
Why not Red Dead 2? Guess R* wants to push their online franchises.

What the hey, I've been meaning to try Red Dead 2 (Online). Hopefully with the Wild West setting, it's more balanced than GTA Online.
I haven't played it since release, but from what my friends told me it's "balanced" in the sense that what your doing and your location isn't pinged out to everyone when you're doing missions to earn money, and that there isn't some flying horse with rockets to fuck your day up.

But they also told me Rockstar is super greedy making you grind forever or pay money to take on the roles and stuff. Also it's just kind of boring.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Why would Mickey assassinate somebody by a car crusher and decide to "dump the car in the river?" Even more funny, ask to drop him off home while evading the cops? What kind of hitman DOES THAT?

X Pac Heat

Go back to reddit, fed.
kiwifarms.net
It's cause Micky needed a ride home of course. Dude just had that 3D era balls of steel/stupidity

I wish they would have released LCS and VCS on PC. I have them on PS2 but they look like dogshit and I can't stand phone controls.

Here's the problem with porting the PSP games to PC.
The helicopter mechanics are tied to being able to tilt thumbsticks and I suspect there are other mechanics that were the same. I played through both games on a PC emulating the PS2 versions and holy shit, the controls do not translate well. 90 percent of the time, the controls are serviceable and I tried to imitate the PC controls from San Andreas. First person aiming (like with a rocket launcher) is also trash because there is no mouse support. Makes the final Liberty City Stories mission a real ball buster.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The helicopter mechanics are tied to being able to tilt thumbsticks and I suspect there are other mechanics that were the same. I played through both games on a PC emulating the PS2 versions and holy shit, the controls do not translate well. 90 percent of the time, the controls are serviceable and I tried to imitate the PC controls from San Andreas. First person aiming (like with a rocket launcher) is also trash because there is no mouse support. Makes the final Liberty City Stories mission a real ball buster.
Aren't the Stories conversions on PC running on the Vice City and San Andreas engines?

X Pac Heat

Go back to reddit, fed.
kiwifarms.net

LCS doesn't even have helicopters without hacks I thought.

I'd also assume they'd just, you know, change the controls. I'd assume they had to do it for the mobile version. And I use a controller anyways so *shrug*

I'd also assume they'd just, you know, change the controls. I'd assume they had to do it for the mobile version. And I use a controller anyways so *shrug*
I don't think there are any helicopters either, but the game still has terrible controls with other mechanics when being emulated.

I'd also assume they'd just, you know, change the controls.
You would think. GTA3 still is broken on PC (glitched widescreen, buggy frame rate) and has some rough mouse aiming.
There's no chance they would even bother with a proper PC port. It would probably be based off the mobile version but even worse because that's just how they do things on PC.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I don't think there are any helicopters either, but the game still has terrible controls with other mechanics when being emulated.

You would think. GTA3 still is broken on PC (glitched widescreen, buggy frame rate) and has some rough mouse aiming.
There's no chance they would even bother with a proper PC port. It would probably be based off the mobile version but even worse because that's just how they do things on PC.

You can "fly", even save helicopters in LCS. Just take some doing. Unsure about mobile.

X Pac Heat

Go back to reddit, fed.
kiwifarms.net

At least it would be available to fix. Most of the 3D Era PC ports have been fixed and improved by the community anyways.