Greta Gustava Martela / Kjel Anderson & Nina/Niraj Chaubal - Stole $350k+ from Trans Lifeline, kill count of 2+ from negligence, Founders of Sisterwood/La Zorra.

If you really had to who would you sex?

• Total voters

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now that a real man's in charge of America I reported her to ICE.

You just know that one of the reasons Greta wants money at the moment is to try to get Nina a green card before 20 January 2017.

Also, from memory if Greta's fundraising efforts are successful it will kick TLL over a threshold which subjects them to more scrutiny and accountability. The greater their revenue, the more they'll have to account for how they spend the money.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hope they reach their goal so people start questioning why no one picked up if they have full time staff

Only one of the staff they were planning to employ was going to be offering support to callers. Maybe that plan has changed, but I doubt it. The plan seemed to revolve around getting the money to pay Greta and friends for stuff not related to service delivery.

bark bark

Trans LifeLine Defector
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
@bark bark you come up with anything?
Admittedly I'm struggling with how to tackle this ordeal. I had visited one of my local LGBT centers to speak with the director and initially I felt like "well this feels like a really inappropriate time to bring something like this up" but then when I left I realized it was an incredibly important time to bring it up. More people are calling them now than ever, and there's reports of more suicides. I only wonder how many of those teens attempted calling Trans Lifeline first.

I spoke with one of my old professors who I'm pretty close to and she advised me that I'd have to be careful with how I go about doing anything.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Admittedly I'm struggling with how to tackle this ordeal. I had visited one of my local LGBT centers to speak with the director and initially I felt like "well this feels like a really inappropriate time to bring something like this up" but then when I left I realized it was an incredibly important time to bring it up. More people are calling them now than ever, and there's reports of more suicides. I only wonder how many of those teens attempted calling Trans Lifeline first.

I spoke with one of my old professors who I'm pretty close to and she advised me that I'd have to be careful with how I go about doing anything.

Yeah, I think it's better to challenge the media which are taking Greta's claims at face value. Snopes is already on the suicide claim and that provides a bit of a segue to which other claims are true. I have no doubt that The Trevor Project can substantiate the number of calls they took, but can Greta? If she's put on the spot and has to explain their "unique" training, are reasonable people going to consider it adequate?

No-one has to openly attack Greta and TLL. All that is required is that she's put in a situation where she has to tell the whole truth and nothing but the whole truth. If that truth comes out in the media, then other organisations have to consider what supporting Greta and TLL will do to their own reputations.

bark bark

Trans LifeLine Defector
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I think it's better to challenge the media which are taking Greta's claims at face value. Snopes is already on the suicide claim and that provides a bit of a segue to which other claims are true. I have no doubt that The Trevor Project can substantiate the number of calls they took, but can Greta? If she's put on the spot and has to explain their "unique" training, are reasonable people going to consider it adequate?

No-one has to openly attack Greta and TLL. All that is required is that she's put in a situation where she has to tell the whole truth and nothing but the whole truth. If that truth comes out in the media, then other organisations have to consider what supporting Greta and TLL will do to their own reputations.
Yeah. I guess I'm just worried about making sure I do things right.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Also, from memory if Greta's fundraising efforts are successful it will kick TLL over a threshold which subjects them to more scrutiny and accountability. The greater their revenue, the more they'll have to account for how they spend the money.
Is that a federal law thing or a California thing?

Don't paint a target on your back. Sometimes the best strategy is to give someone enough rope to hang themselves.
What would that entail?

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is that a federal law thing or a California thing?

From memory the filing requirements for non-profits are based on revenue and right now their revenue is sufficiently low that their reporting requirements are minimal. Get enough money and eventually you have to file audited accounts on a regular schedule. IIRC, there are both federal and state level laws which govern non-profits (but only some states specifically address "crisis" services).

I *think* the information about that is somewhere earlier in this thread. We did look into both IRS requirements and non-profit requirements before. More inaccurate public statements and more expenditure of donated money on things other than their core business makes them more likely to crash and burn, not less. They can avoid that by actually doing what they say they do rather than using TLL to benefit Greta and friends but them doing that seems unlikely.

Melkor

tell me the name of god you fungal piece of shit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm going through this thread and compiling what I can to help a friend put together a tumblr post showing how TLL isn't a reputable hotline.

If anyone wants to help me out (send me screenshots and archives, links, etc.) I'd appreciate it. It'd make this go faster.

I'm going through this thread and compiling what I can to help a friend put together a tumblr post showing how TLL isn't a reputable hotline.

If anyone wants to help me out (send me screenshots and archives, links, etc.) I'd appreciate it. It'd make this go faster.

You're doing the lord's work.

I'm on mobile and can't share much, but Greta's own posts about how many calls the lifeline receives / answers, her behavior towards @Null and visiting his goddamn house (she was waiting for his family to get home from dinner, holy shit), and the data @Null pulled from their own website are very valuable evidence. You'll find archives throughout this thread, but the Null stalking was in the first 10 pages.

Greta's determination to overshare may actually be what exposes her behavior as vile to the wider world. Her own posts are the best evidence against her (like the times she posted as the lifeline asking for money towards her dental care).

Please share the post here when it's done. Its gonna cause a lot of salt from TLL supporters, and will hopefully drive people away from TLL towards actual helplines.

Melkor

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're doing the lord's work.

I'm on mobile and can't share much, but Greta's own posts about how many calls the lifeline receives / answers, her behavior towards @Null and visiting his goddamn house (she was waiting for his family to get home from dinner, holy shit), and the data @Null pulled from their own website are very valuable evidence. You'll find archives throughout this thread, but the Null stalking was in the first 10 pages.

Greta's determination to overshare may actually be what exposes her behavior as vile to the wider world. Her own posts are the best evidence against her (like the times she posted as the lifeline asking for money towards her dental care).

Please share the post here when it's done. Its gonna cause a lot of salt from TLL supporters, and will hopefully drive people away from TLL towards actual helplines.
I can't even begin to tell you how many people on Tumblr have been posting the lifeline's phone number under the pretense that it's a legit, reputable hotline to use.
I'm not sure if it's a trolling attempt or people are just that fucking stupid.

Argonian Scum

Canine ask you a question?
kiwifarms.net
I can't even begin to tell you how many people on Tumblr have been posting the lifeline's phone number under the pretense that it's a legit, reputable hotline to use.

It's mindless virtue signalling. Nobody bothers checking out sources when there's self-congratulatory asspats to be had.

Knowing tumblr, and knowing it hasn't changed a goddamn bit since I left, they're absolutely serious. Tumblr taken as a whole is extremely gullible and will buy into anything at all, even if it looks fake from the start.

Since TLL looks like it's legit until you start digging, Tumblr absolutely believes it's reputable.

Tumblr is one of the main places that TLL is currently being passed around being touted as legitimate alongside Trevor Project and actual fucking helplines.

As dumb as tumblr can be, the userbase skews fairly young. Many are in their lower teens.

I'd like them to have the opportunity to grow up and regret their behavior, rather than calling a scam hotline run by a crazy stalker, and either getting no answer, or being talked into transitioning (without regard for whether it's really best for them). Tumblrites may be dumb, but I don't wish most of them harm.

Also TLL probably has a lot of defenders on tumblr, and an irrefutable callout post will produce mountains of salt from them.

Herbert Hoover

Voted "Best President of 1931"
kiwifarms.net
Tumblr is one of the main places that TLL is currently being passed around being touted as legitimate alongside Trevor Project and actual fucking helplines.

As dumb as tumblr can be, the userbase skews fairly young. Many are in their lower teens.

I'd like them to have the opportunity to grow up and regret their behavior, rather than calling a scam hotline run by a crazy stalker, and either getting no answer, or being talked into transitioning (without regard for whether it's really best for them). Tumblrites may be dumb, but I don't wish most of them harm.

Also TLL probably has a lot of defenders on tumblr, and an irrefutable callout post will produce mountains of salt from them.

Also the fact that they could get no answer and kill themselves leading to a body count higher than the imaginary 8 that keeps getting passed around

Melkor

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Agreed. If suicidal people call the lifeline expecting someone to answer, and they don't even get one, chances are they'll end it all and there will be an actual body count. (EDIT: ninja'd)

That's... not something I'd like to happen. A lot of the Tumblr crowd is full of young folks and are still figuring themselves out. They don't deserve a scammy lifeline like TLL.

Maiden

owo?~
kiwifarms.net
I for one would really like to see a single post on Tumblr, hell even some sort of place like Medium or elsewhere, that can be definitively pointed to as a compilation of evidence that TLL's an unreliable resource at best and a scam at worse.
I've already been trying to talk about how it shouldn't get passed around as a resource upheld on the same level as major national suicide hotlines that actually answer their calls, but it's nigh impossible. Especially when right now this thread is the best source of info on these claims and when you're trying to talk to people who dismiss literally everything that comes out of KF as fake... (I was joking about Greta showing up at Null's house on twitter and legit had people going "I bet that was fake/she didn't actually go" despite literally posting her Facebook post about it simply because it was something that had KF involved)
People have already said as much but really, they've got a fantastic scam going by running a supposed helpline for such an at-risk group. Any criticism just gets written off as being hatemongering or excused away by "well maybe they're understaffed/overwhelmed/etc". People don't want to consider that maybe their group is being taken advantage of by people who are also part of it.