Science Greta Thunberg Megathread - Slow Road Trip

A shitty ass clover

Because why the fuck not?
kiwifarms.net
The biggest advantage nuclear has is that it's continuous without dependence on geography. Hydroelectric and geothermal are continuous but require certain geography, and wind and solar are fucked in that they are both not continuous and need certain geography and weather.
People are still scared shitless about them.

heathercho

정말로? Yes! Okey dokey yo.
kiwifarms.net
Yes, since they don't understand the actual risks and rewards of nuclear power, or the drawbacks of solar or wind, in general.
I always find it kinda amazing that these wind/solar/hydro only people never acknowledge the problems their "eco" methods cause.
Hydro destroys the aquatic ecosystem, solar has a shelflife of nothing and wind disturbs the local eco system with it's vibrations and sound not to mention birds flying into the blades.
It's not even that they just chalk it up to least harm, they outright think it is only positive.

Radioactive Man

up and atom
kiwifarms.net
Plus all the fringe benefits of nuclear energy like process heat which is useful for a lot of industries..
Abundant energy opens up so many options.. Desalination of water to increase agricultural output... production of ammonia for fertilizers and alternative liquid fuels.. the benefits are basically endless.. Economic and environmental.

Last edited:

Radioactive Man

up and atom
kiwifarms.net
We've had the technology to produce all the emissions free power we need to run a modern society for DECADES..

Meanwhile the people who do everything they can to suppress that technology and claim climate change is an "emergency" unironically cheer when Greta makes statements like

""For more than 30 years, the science has been crystal clear. How dare you continue to look away and come here saying that you're doing enough, when the politics and solutions needed are still nowhere in sight."

Yeah because you won't shut the fuck up and get out of the way..

"They also rely on my generation sucking hundreds of billions of tons of your CO2 out of the air with technologies that barely exist."

The solution has been there since the 50's.... they just don't care enough to see the problem solved on anything other than their own terms..

Controlling used nuclear fuel is much easier than controlling climate change.

What a farce.

Spicy Tacos

kiwifarms.net
Most people I know in Burgerland despise her, if they even know who she is. It’s so astroturfed that it feels insulting that you have to pretend to take it seriously. The billionaire (((elite))) who bankroll this thing are doing way more damage than they think.
Be prepared for some astroturfing today through Tuesday. Today, Greta will be at Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and she’ll be at Standing Rock Indian Reservation on Tuesday. Greta just happened to meet Tokata Iron Eyes, the daughter of Chase Iron Eyes. Chase ran for Congress in North Dakota in 2016 and was heavily involved in the Standing Rock protests.

Below is from Facebook:

"This Sunday Greta Thunberg will join Red Cloud Indian School student and activist Tokatawin Iron Eyes for a youth climate crisis panel. The two will discuss environmental priorities in Indian Country, including plans by Energy Transfer Partners to double capacity of the Dakota Access Pipeline at Standing Rock and the Keystone XL pipeline. This event is open to the media and public."

From a press release:

"I’m excited to share with you that my friend, Greta Thunberg, is joining me for three events over the next three days in Lakota Country. More on that in a minute, but first, let me introduce myself. I’m Tokata Iron Eyes, daughter of Chase Iron Eyes, whom you have heard from many times in the past.

My father’s work on behalf of Native justice and environmental concerns is also my work. I will add that, as a young woman of color, I focus much of my energy on the issues of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and the climate crisis, as they are particularly close to my heart. I may be a high school junior, but I have already traveled the world and made many appearances to speak on these critical topics, including at January’s Women’s March in Washington, D.C.

I met Greta on a later trip to the capital. We were both in town to speak at an Amnesty International event. Being both the same age and vocal climate warriors, we quickly found that we have much in common, even though our backgrounds may look different.

As you likely know, Greta comes from Sweden, where, at 15, she began protesting a lack of climate action in Parliament. From there, she quickly rose to worldwide prominence, organizing school climate strikes, giving a TED Talk, and appearing on the cover of Time magazine.

I felt it was important to invite her to come see my homelands, and I’m so happy she accepted my invitation. We’ll be speaking on my home campus of Red Cloud Indian School tomorrow at 5 p.m. MST, then hosting an event in Rapid City on Monday before heading to Standing Rock, where I spent most of my earlier years, on Tuesday at 10 a.m. CST.

Together, we want to share our mutual inspiration to take action on the climate with more kids — and with adults, too. Our struggles here against the Dakota Access and Keystone XL pipelines are the tip of the spear in a global effort to move away from fossil fuels and begin living more conscious lives together, in harmony with our Grandmother Earth.

I can’t wait to share more with you later in the week. In the meantime, you can catch a video stream of our talk at Red Cloud at the Lakota People’s Law Project Facebook page. Stay tuned!

Pilamaya — I appreciate your solidarity with our struggle!"

Tokata Iron Eyes The Lakota People's Law Project

Attachments

AltisticRight

Matt Jarbo is not the father.
kiwifarms.net
Plus all the fringe benefits of nuclear energy like process heat which is useful for a lot of industries..
Abundant energy opens up so many options.. Desalination of water to increase agricultural output... production of ammonia for fertilizers and alternative liquid fuels.. the benefits are basically endless.. Economic and environmental.
Stop it with your scientific facts! Don't you know that nuclear power will lead to a mushroom holocaust? Greenpeace ads and environmenazis told me so.

Honestly though, I've said it elsewhere, controlled fission is the best we have. Fusion might work in the distant future but nuclear is the way to go.

Not sure if anyone posted this...
3.jpg
4.jpg

I can care less, but isn't this wasting food? Also bananas are pretty radioactive, it will cause a mushroom right?

Last edited:

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Be prepared for some astroturfing today through Tuesday. Today, Greta will be at Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and she’ll be at Standing Rock Indian Reservation on Tuesday. Greta just happened to meet Tokata Iron Eyes, the daughter of Chase Iron Eyes. Chase ran for Congress in North Dakota in 2016 and was heavily involved in the Standing Rock protests.
Was Standing rock about taxes on booze?

Spicy Tacos

kiwifarms.net
Any relation to Iron Eyes Cody?
No, but he gets triggered when individuals post memes of Iron Eyes Cody on his posts.

Was Standing rock about taxes on booze?
I wish.

It was allegedly about a pipeline going over ancient native burial grounds, going through the reservation, and that the pipeline was going to contaminate the reservation water.

Court documents showed that there was no native burial ground where they alleged. There were a few times artifacts magically appeared on ground that had already been surveyed. This ground was above an existing pipeline that was built in the 1960s or 1970’s.

By following that existing pipeline, the new pipeline didn’t need to go through the Standing Rock Reservation. This upset certain leaders because they were hoping to force the pipeline company to pay them a $20 million fee.

They had a huge wave of protests, had an encampment on Standing Rock, damaged pipeline equipment, held riots, and then went to Trump’s inauguration to try to cause problems. It was mostly white progressives causing problems.

Ironically, the pipeline is safer than transporting oil by rail, and uses less carbon too. You would think Greta would support that.

Also, I assume the second topic about missing and murdered native women is a call out to the First Nations in Canada. (Trudeau is trying to get their votes.) I would not be surprised if Greta goes to western or central Canada next.

Update: “They” are blaming fossil fuel companies for the missing and murdered indigenous women.

Last edited:

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

I'll get my humanity and my sanity back.
kiwifarms.net

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
Stop it with your scientific facts! Don't you know that nuclear power will lead to a mushroom holocaust? Greenpeace ads and environmenazis told me so.

Honestly though, I've said it elsewhere, controlled fission is the best we have. Fusion might work in the distant future but nuclear is the way to go.

Not sure if anyone posted this...
View attachment 961152View attachment 961153

I can care less, but isn't this wasting food? Also bananas are pretty radioactive, it will cause a mushroom right?
My only problem with environmental hypocrisy is when the environmentalist in question refuses to acknowledge it. Like its really really hard for a being that sustains itself on other lifeforms to not have a carbon footprint.

Reactions: Abortions4All

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Archive

Greta bringing in kids suffering from Flint's problems would be a little too close to "Oh this is something that is an actual, real problem that we could actually fix"; her handlers can't let her near any problems with solutions that involve putting democrats in jail. Hell, think of how much racism they'd scream then- isn't nearly everyone responsible for Flint's issues black?
The average nigger on city council gives little or no thought about infrastructure, it’s all about the grift or grievance politics. Since they don’t pay attention to infrastructure, it inevitably decays and you have crises in Flint. Usually wypipo at the state and federal level are responsible for infrastructure, maybe private interests if city council niggers are able to wet their beaks from it.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino