Science Greta Thunberg Megathread - Slow Road Trip

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I thought this creature was supposed to be sympathetic but she just looks like a trainwreck and looks strangely young for a 16 year old she actually looks like a fucking 12 year old.
That's deliberate marketing. Her handlers dressed her down to look younger than she is to maximize the "from the mouth of babes" aww-shucks sympathy.

On the Dick Show recently they said a term for cynically using children in a "think of the children" methodology to sell a narrative, called "peder-phrasty" or something. I think they just made that up for fun but I'm sure there's a real word for the concept.

Webby's Boyfriend

has a fetish for nerdy teen toon lassies
kiwifarms.net
I thought this creature was supposed to be sympathetic but she just looks like a trainwreck and looks strangely young for a 16 year old she actually looks like a fucking 12 year old. Does she have more disorders that we aren't privy to?
People with serious developemental deficits like autism (which she PROUDLY admits to have) or fetal alcohol syndrome (which many critics assume she has, for whatever reason) often look much younger than they are.

Except Chris-Chan though, to me he looks more like someone in his 40s, and may even look like 50 without the tomgirl stuff, and even the classic 2000s web Chris looked middle aged and neither did the Manchester High Chris look like a usual teen.

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I believe there is a lot of truth to the mistreatment of the Navajo on their land because of uranium mining. But that's not the crux of the media's deception.
Nuclear power is far from unique in abusing natives. The oil industry has been much worse. So has coal. So has every form of mining that kicks some group of natives off their land to get to what's under it, or every form of waste disposal (and this is all of them) that ends up dumping shit on the land of people without the political power to fight back with some NIMBY movement.

If they're working this hard on making her the new Jeanne d'Arc, who will they set up to be her Gilles de Rais to support her until he (allegedly) snaps once she's no longer relevant?
She has more of the attitude of a Carrie Nation, a bitter scold on a quasi-religious campaign.

1570656216226.png

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
but Greta does not.. and that's why she's a fraud.. even though her home country gets around 30% of it's energy from nuclear and the rest from hydro.. and nuclear is the only one of those two that can be easily scaled up.. unless they can find more valleys to drown with dams..
Because she is being paid by industries that dont benefit from nuclear

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Nuclear power is far from unique in abusing natives. The oil industry has been much worse. So has coal. So has every form of mining that kicks some group of natives off their land to get to what's under it, or every form of waste disposal (and this is all of them) that ends up dumping shit on the land of people without the political power to fight back with some NIMBY movement.
Oh, of course. But that only serves my point - every source of power has historical blood on its hands. So let's stick with the most polluting one that will supposedly sink the rich islands we're buying beachfront property on. Somehow that makes sense to the progressive mind

heathercho

Don't underestimate Razor-Blade Remi.
kiwifarms.net
There is something really weird about this girl. Where the fuck did she come from and why should anyone care? This whole thing is starting to just scream of "Failed child actor being used by politicians." What is up with the horrible faces also? I thought this creature was supposed to be sympathetic but she just looks like a trainwreck and looks strangely young for a 16 year old she actually looks like a fucking 12 year old. Does she have more disorders that we aren't privy to? Now they are giving her these bullshit names like "Woman who came from the heavens" really? This entire thing just screams STAGED.
I've said it before in this and the family thread, but she's a descendent of Svante Arrhenius.
Arrhenius is the "Grandfather of climate change", a huge big deal and nobel prize winner. Her father is named after him.

They play coy and pretend that they didn't know anything about him which lol...ok.
It's no coincidence a wild Greta appears and a ghostly Svante spectre looms in the background.

Meddle92

kiwifarms.net
I've said it before in this and the family thread, but she's a descendent of Svante Arrhenius.
Arrhenius is the "Grandfather of climate change", a huge big deal and nobel prize winner. Her father is named after him.

They play coy and pretend that they didn't know anything about him which lol...ok.
It's no coincidence a wild Greta appears and a ghostly Svante spectre looms in the background.
This whole charade became a whole lot sicker now that I know its a totally manufactured drama. Its also coming from this sick exceptional individual family pushing their equally sick ideas on us about what we should do and eat when its obvious that their prescription created the monstrous nutrient deficient exceptional individual creature called greta.

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
Oh, of course. But that only serves my point - every source of power has historical blood on its hands. So let's stick with the most polluting one that will supposedly sink the rich islands we're buying beachfront property on. Somehow that makes sense to the progressive mind
The Progressive left is quasi-religious at this point. They don't think through these things on a logical level and if they do, they fall back on their faith in the ability to bend history, past an future, through purity of motive.

They honestly believe that this 21st Century Joan of Arc has the ability to make Gaia pull back the tides if we listen to her.... but if we reject her and embrace low-carbon nuclear the false Cult of the Atom, they will rise faster to punish our heresy!

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, little miss spergtastic missed out on the Nobel Peace Prize.I wonder what sort of wailing and gnashing of teeth will be going on in the Thunberg household this morning?

I would imagine the only reason a lot of the people I know who're fan boys of her are quiet is because it's a legit, actual, full-on African peeeeoooooooceeeeeeee who's won it
I wonder who she lost it to.

*checks article*

She lost it to someone who accomplished something. Well I’ll be dammed.

Fliddaroonie

kiwifarms.net
I wonder who she lost it to.

*checks article*

She lost it to someone who accomplished something. Well I’ll be dammed.
Yup. Abiy Ahmed not only managed to help bring peace between Ethiopia and Eritrea, but he's also the youngest ever President of an African Nation.

Thunberg is an autistic, mentally unstable little shit who bunks of school. Personally, I'm having a lot of fun asking people REEEEing over this why they think a white girl from an affluent family in a first world nation should get this award over a man who lives in a dump but has managed to a tremendously hard, dangerous job. The tard cum has been derrishus

ATaxingWoman

HERE'S THE PROFESSIONAL TAX INVESTIGATOR!
kiwifarms.net
Lol, apparently Swedish bookmakers had Greta pinned as the person the most likely to win the Nobel Prize https://mitti.se/nyheter/thunberg-storfavorit-fredspris/?omrade=kungsholmen
Potato English said:
Greta Thunberg big favorite for the Nobel Peace Prize

Greta Thunberg from Kungsholmen is a big favorite at the Nobel Peace Prize.
At least if you are to believe the gaming companies, TT reports.

In March it was clear that Greta Thunberg was nominated Nobel Peace Prize. Now she is a big favorite to win.

According to TT, the young Swede has the lowest odds with the gaming companies.

However, there is a trend to give the Peace Prize to individuals every two years, to an organization every two years. If the trend is followed it will be an organization this year.

"It's about time"
In that case, it could be the global youth movement Fridays for future, founded by Greta Thunberg when she decided to strike for the climate every Friday.

- The one I think should receive the Nobel Peace Prize is the global non-violence movement Fridays for future. It is about time that the climate issue's connection to sustainable peace and security is again noticed, ”says Agnes Hellström, chair of the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Association, to TT.

If Greta Thunberg is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, the person who has invested money with Unibet gets 2, 25 times the stake.

Others on Unibet's odds list include New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern with 6 times the money and Pope Francis in Rome who gives 11 times the money, writes Betting.se.

The Peace Prize will be announced on Friday, October 11. It will then be distributed in Oslo on December 10.

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Chosen One has been endorsed by the Catholic Church.
VATICAN CITY (ChurchMilitant.com) - On the second day of the Amazon synod, the synod fathers favorably mentioned Swedish climate change alarmist Greta Thunberg and the climate strike initiative.
Discussing the Instrumentum Laboris (working document) for the synod and considering the 2018 Synod on Youth, the synod fathers talked about the importance of young proponents for an "integral ecology," according to the Vatican synod website.

Bishop Joseph Strickland of the diocese of Tyler, Texas, spoke to Church Militant, describing the Synod Father's recent discussions as "gobbledygook" and "crazy."

"It is like a bad novel that you wouldn't think would make the press," he said.

The discussion for an "integral ecology" led to a prompt and favorable mention by synod fathers of Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old Swedish climate-change activist who has become a household name among progressives and liberals.

Thunberg recently dominated headlines for her speech Sept. 23 to the United Nations' Climate Action Summit in New York City.

"You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I'm one of the lucky ones," said an angry and teary-eyed Thunberg.

"People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth," she continued, ending with an expression of indignation: "How dare you!"

The synod fathers then spoke of the "option for young people," the necessity of dialoguing with the youth on matters pertaining to the protection of creation and the need to increase the involvement of youth who can inspire the Church to be prophetic in this field.

Young people want to make a better world because they represent "a social doctrine on the move," according to the synod website, which continues:

More than many others, young people today feel the need to establish a new relationship with Creation, a relationship that is not exploitative, but attentive to the suffering of the planet. For this reason, the environmental theme, which is also ecumenical and interreligious, should be seen by the Church as a positive challenge. It is an invitation to dialogue with young people, to help them in their discernment. In this way, their commitment to protecting Creation is not only a "green and fashionable" slogan, but really becomes a question of life and death, for humanity and for the planet.

The synod fathers also discussed protecting the water table (the upper surface of the zone of saturation), fossil fuels and climate change, indigenous rites and the question of viri probati (married men becoming priests).

One synod father offered the possibility of the Church incorporating into the liturgy elements of indigenous culture not connected to superstition, which led to a discussion of such inculturation already existing in the celebration of some sacraments like baptism, matrimony and priestly ordination.

It was proposed that an ad experimentum Amazonian Rite could be established in accord with liturgical and pastoral theological discernment: "At the base of these reflections in the Synod Hall, was the point that just as there exists an environmental ecosystem, there also exists an ecclesial ecosystem."

The synod fathers also began to discuss the question of married men becoming priests.

The much-discussed Instrumentum Laboris suggests the possibility of married men becoming priests to combat the priest shortage and to ensure the sacraments are offered frequently in remote areas.

According to the synod website: "An intervention highlighted though that this cannot result in a substantial revision of the nature of the priesthood and its relationship with celibacy as envisaged in the Latin Rite of the Church."

Moema Maria Marques de Miranda, a lay Franciscan, was the final speaker at the synod, and was also quick to praise Thunberg.

She said that this is the first generation to face the possibility of the world ending, noting that Pope Francis shares this alarmist view.

Since it is only in recent decades that the interconnectedness of the world has been recognized, according to Miranda, the world should learn from indigenous people how to live with creation in harmony.

She went on to say that those like Pope Francis and Thunberg show where things are at this moment in history.
https://archive.li/2sAs2

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino